Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-Semois© RécréalleAlle-sur-Semois
Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-SemoisRécréalle is a superb leisure centre on the banks of the Semois river, 20 km from Bouillon and 40 km from Charleville (France).
- The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the Ourthe© Domaine de PalogneVieuxville
The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the OurtheThe Domaine de Palogne invites you to discover its enchanting setting where nature, history and relaxation meet.
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayHoudeng-Goegnies
The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du CentreSituated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
- The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in Wallonia© WBT - S. WittenbolLa Louvière
The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in WalloniaLocated on the Canal du Centre, the Strépy-Thieu funicular lift is the largest boat lift and its 73.15 metres incline is the largest in the world. An absolute must see if you are travelling through the Hainaut region.
- Outdoor Centre, descente de l'Ourthe© WBT - J.P. RemyLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Outdoor Centre, descente de l'Ourthe
- The lake of Bambois and its gardens© Lac de BamboisFosses-la-Ville
The lake of Bambois and its gardensThe gardens of the Bambois lake, in Fosses-la-Ville, offer stunning green spaces. The site, listed ny Natura 2000, has much to offer: a bird observatory, boats to go fishing, discovery trails... You can even go wild swimming and enjoy 2 sandy beaches.