Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- Pouhon Pierre le Grand de SPA, Immersia et Joan Mirò© WBT - David SamynSpa
Pouhon Pierre le Grand de SPA, Immersia et Joan MiròThe splendid 1880 Pouhon Pierre le Grand, offers you "Spa Experience" a 360 degree film and a permanent Joan Mirò.art collection.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- The Lobbes-Thuin historic tramway© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Lobbes-Thuin historic tramwayThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.
- Musée de la Vie rurale à Huissignies© WBT - Olivier LegardienHuissignies
Musée de la Vie rurale à HuissigniesIn this museum, located in the province of Hainaut, time seems to have stopped.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - JP RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Domaine provincial du Fourneau Saint-Michel à Saint-Hubert© WBT - J.P.RemySaint-Hubert
Domaine provincial du Fourneau Saint-Michel à Saint-HubertThe Fourneau Saint-Michel estate, nestled in the Saint Hubert forest, is home to 2 exceptional sites: the Museum of Country Life and the Iron Museum.
- The ruins of the fortress of Montaigle© ftpn - Christian GenardOnhaye
The ruins of the fortress of MontaigleThe Montaigle Located in Falaen, at the confluence of the Flavion and Molignée, the ruins of the Montaigle castle will seduce the poet in you...castle, which used to the home to a count in the 14th century, is built on a rocky spur.
- The Fort de Loncin, a unique memorial of the Great War in Liège© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteLoncin
The Fort de Loncin, a unique memorial of the Great War in LiègeThe Fort de Loncin is an exceptional memorial site. Located just a few kilometres from the town centre, it became the symbol of the Battle of Liège when facing the German troops in 1914. Partly destroyed during the first world war, it remains preserved as such.
- Château de Moha (Province of Liège)© Château féodal de MohaMoha
Château de Moha (Province of Liège)This stunning castle was set on a rocky spur at the edge of the village.
- Poilvache medieval ruins© Christian GenardYvoir
Poilvache medieval ruinsLocated just a few kilometres from Dinant, the Poilvache ruins overlook the Meuse river and the charming village of Houx. These remains, which date from the 13th and 15th century, are well worth stopping by and are listed as exceptional cultural heritage of Wallonia.
- The Château d'Havré and its gardens | Mons© Les Amis du Château d’Havré - Nicole DarvilleMons
The Château d'Havré and its gardens | MonsThe Château d'Havré is a beautiful, ancient building built just on the outskirts of Mons, in Belgium.
- The Strawberry Museum and the little fruit orchard© WBT-Bernard BoccaraWépion
The Strawberry Museum and the little fruit orchardOnce you have tried the delicious Wépion strawberries, make sure to visit this museum, an absolute must see to better understand the local terroir.
- The Musée de la Gourmandise and Postal Museum at the Ferme Castrale© FTPL - P. FagnoulHermalle-sous-Huy
The Musée de la Gourmandise and Postal Museum at the Ferme CastraleLa Ferme Castrale invites you to discover its 3 cultural spaces: the Musée de la Gourmandise, the Musée des Postes restantes and its library.
- The mining site of Plombières and its nature reserve© Administration communale de PlombièresPlombières
The mining site of Plombières and its nature reserveThe former mining site of Plombières is now a nature reserve characterised by the presence of calamine grasslands. Growing there is a special flora linked to the concentration of zinc and other heavy metals in the substratum, of which the calamine pansy is the most representative.
- La Maison de l'Imprimerie et des Lettres de Wallonie in Thuin© Musée de l'Imprimerie - DLThuin
La Maison de l'Imprimerie et des Lettres de Wallonie in ThuinLa Maison de l'Imprimerie, an active technical museum dedicated to the paper trades, is home to a large collection of printing equipment. Come and learn more about this fasrimerie, a technical museum in activity dedicated to the paper trades, houses an important collection of printing equipment ....