Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
- The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in Hamoir© The Outsider ArdennesHamoir
The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in HamoirThe Outsider Ardennes invites you to join their various sites in the Ourthe Valley (Hamoir, Comblain-Fairon, Comblain-la-Tour et Comblain-au-Pont) and try one of the many activities on offer.
- River cruises and houseboat rentals on the Meuse with Dinant Evasion© Dinant EvasionDinant
River cruises and houseboat rentals on the Meuse with Dinant EvasionFancy discovering the Haute-Meuse differently? Dinant Evasion offers a choice of 2 cruises on the river, starting from Dinant.
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayHoudeng-Goegnies
The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du CentreSituated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- The Château de Seneffe, its estate and its Silverware Museum© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe
The Château de Seneffe, its estate and its Silverware MuseumThe Château de Seneffe estate and its Museum feature one of Belgium's most important silverware collections.
- The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the Ourthe© Domaine de PalogneVieuxville
The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the OurtheThe Domaine de Palogne invites you to discover its enchanting setting where nature, history and relaxation meet.
- Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-Semois© RécréalleAlle-sur-Semois
Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-SemoisRécréalle is a superb leisure centre on the banks of the Semois river, 20 km from Bouillon and 40 km from Charleville (France).
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- Château de Jehay | Amay© JP Rolin Province de LiegeAmay
Château de Jehay | AmayLocated in the province of Liège, the Château de Jehay offers a remarkable architecture, unique in Europe. This impressive historical building, surrounded by moats, seems to appear as if by magic as you walk past the forest.
- Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in Soumagne© Domaine provincial de WégimontSoumagne
Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in SoumagneThis charming leisure center is nestled in a 22 hectares park planted with trees and flowers, near the Herve plateau.
- Château de Moha (Province of Liège)© Château féodal de MohaMoha
Château de Moha (Province of Liège)This stunning castle was set on a rocky spur at the edge of the village.
- Outdoor Centre, descente de l'Ourthe© WBT - J.P. RemyLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Outdoor Centre, descente de l'Ourthe
- Lake Gileppe Dam© WBT - Arnaud de CosterJalhay
Lake Gileppe DamLooking for a unique day out? Come and see the lake Gileppe dam, a masterpiece of structural engineering. Nature, leisure: there is much to do!
- The ruins of the fortress of Montaigle© ftpn - Christian GenardOnhaye
The ruins of the fortress of MontaigleThe Montaigle Located in Falaen, at the confluence of the Flavion and Molignée, the ruins of the Montaigle castle will seduce the poet in you...castle, which used to the home to a count in the 14th century, is built on a rocky spur.
- Harzé castle and its Milling and Baking Museum© Steve CollinHarzé
Harzé castle and its Milling and Baking MuseumThe Milling and Bakery Museum will take you through the extraordinary adventure of harvesting grain, processing flour with old mills and bread making.
- Poilvache medieval ruins© Christian GenardYvoir
Poilvache medieval ruinsLocated just a few kilometres from Dinant, the Poilvache ruins overlook the Meuse river and the charming village of Houx. These remains, which date from the 13th and 15th century, are well worth stopping by and are listed as exceptional cultural heritage of Wallonia.
- The Château d'Havré and its gardens | Mons© Les Amis du Château d’Havré - Nicole DarvilleMons
The Château d'Havré and its gardens | MonsThe Château d'Havré is a beautiful, ancient building built just on the outskirts of Mons, in Belgium.