We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visit© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteChimay
Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visitThis superb castle, more than a 1,000 years old, is near the Scourmont abbey which makes the Trappist Chimay beer.
- Château de Louvignies© FTLB - P. WillemsChaussée-Notre-Dame-Louvignies
Château de LouvigniesSet in the countryside, only a few kilometres from Soignies in the province of Hainaut, the Château de Louvignies awaits.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.
- The Aulne Abbey© WBT - S. WittenbolGozée
The Aulne AbbeyThe ruins of the Cistercian Aulne Abbey are nestled on the right bank of the Sambre, in a place beautifully called "Vallée de la Paix" or Valley of peace. The atmosphere is indeed very soothing and calls for a pleasant walk.
- The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovation© SPW - Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantHornu
The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovationTake a former coal mine, get it listed by UNESCO as World Heritage and you get the CID of the Grand Hornu: an innovation and design centre, featuring temporary exhibitions on design, applied art and contemporary art.
- The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in Rochefort© Val de LesseLavaux-Sainte-Anne
The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in RochefortThe castle of Lavaux-Saint-Anne, its three museums, its park and gardens in the province of Namur are sure to enchant you. This magnificent castle on the plain of Wallonia is a mere 16 km from Rochefort, 23 from the French border.
- The Solvay Estate | La Hulpe© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Hulpe
The Solvay Estate | La HulpeThe Solvay Estate in La Hulpe, listed as "Exceptional cultural site in Wallonia", features part of the Sonian Forest and the Château de La Hulpe.
- Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in Wallonia© WBT - David SamynBouillon
Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in WalloniaBuilt on three rock pitons overlooking the Semois river, the Bouillon Castle is a remarkable monument in the province of Luxembourg, retracing almost a thousand years of history and military architecture.
- The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valley© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valleyThe citadel of Dinant promises an incredible day out. Retrace 900 years history and discover the Meuse valley in Belgium.
- The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware Museum© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe
The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware MuseumThe Château de Seneffe estate and its Museum feature one of Belgium's most important silverware collections.
- Maison Léon Losseau: an Art Nouveau gem in Mons© Fondation Losseau - photo WBT - J.P. RemyMons
Maison Léon Losseau: an Art Nouveau gem in MonsPassing through Mons? Be sure to visit the Maison Losseau, a jewel of Art Nouveau architecture located in the heart of the Doudou's city.
- Mons Belfry: a fascinating monument© Visitmons - Gregory MathelotMons
Mons Belfry: a fascinating monumentDiscover the full beauty of Belgium's only baroque belfry by taking its panoramic lift and enjoying the view over the city.
- Musée Royal de Mariemont | Morlanwelz© Musée royal de MariemontMorlanwez
Musée Royal de Mariemont | MorlanwelzOpened since 1975, set in a splendid park, the Musée royal de Mariemont features collections gathered by its founder Raoul Waroqué.
- Château de Jehay | Amay© JP Rolin Province de LiegeAmay
Château de Jehay | AmayLocated in the province of Liège, the Château de Jehay offers a remarkable architecture, unique in Europe. This impressive historical building, surrounded by moats, seems to appear as if by magic as you walk past the forest.
- Modave Castle and its exceptional gardens© WBT - J.P. RemyModave
Modave Castle and its exceptional gardensThe Modave castle, listed as major cultural heritage of Wallonia, is well worth the detour. Built on a rocky hill in the province of Liège, it is said to date back to the Middle Ages.
- Ruins of La Roche-en-Ardenne castle© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Ruins of La Roche-en-Ardenne castleOverlooking the city and the Ourthe river, at the very heart of nature, this IXth century castle makes La Roche the gem of the Ardenne and the Luxembourg province. A wonderful journey to medieval times awaits...
- Château de Celles - Vêves© FT Province de NamurCelles
Château de Celles - VêvesFormer kingdom of Pépin de Herstal in the VIIIth century, castle of the Beaufort lords (who reconstructed it in 1410) then home to their descendants...
- Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gem© Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gemTournai is best seen from its 15th century belfry, listed by UNESCO. Built on the site of the 1218 original after it burnt down, it is the oldest in Wallonia's seven belfries and the only one with outdoor viewing platforms.
- Reinhardstein castle | Ovifat© WBT - S. WittenbolOvifat
Reinhardstein castle | OvifatNestled in the eastern townships of the Haute s Fagnes, this castle from the 14th century overlooks Ovifat from the top of its peak.
- The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleries© Simon SchmittNamur
The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleriesUpon inspection of the Citadel, Napoleon labelled it as “Europe’s Termite Mound” due to its extensive network of underground passages. Discover 500m of restored passages with an immersive-guided tour that will take you to the heart of the history of the Citadel’s entrails, through sound and light.
- Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)© WBT – Dominik KetzHastière
Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)Freÿr sur Meuse, a Renaissance castle with stunning gardens, is part of Wallonia's protected architectural heritage.
- Château de Franchimont: a medieval fortress in Theux© B. LorquetTheux
Château de Franchimont: a medieval fortress in TheuxThe Château de Franchimont is an 11th-century medieval fortress, built on a rocky peak dominating three valleys north of the Ardennes, about 8 km from Spa.
- The Château de Beloeil estate, the Belgian Versailles© WBT - J.P. RemyBeloeil
The Château de Beloeil estate, the Belgian VersaillesBuilt in the 14th century, this massive turreted chateau is surrounded by a wide moat connected to a series of lakes and channels which wind through one of the largest and most ornate French-style gardens in Belgium.
- CHATEAU D'ACOZ© FTLB - P. WillemsAcoz
CHATEAU D'ACOZThe Château d'Acoz is set in the heart of the Biesme valley, in grounds with gardens, ponds, meadows, woods and hills.
- Jemappes communal park (Hainaut)© G LadyJemappes
Jemappes communal park (Hainaut)This stunning park is only a few minutes walk away from the town centre of Jemappes, a sweet village in the Hainaut. Its 20 hectares are a pure invite for strolls.
- The château de la petite Flémalle and its park© Marlène DelliseFlémalle
The château de la petite Flémalle and its parkOn your way to visit the Ardent city, why not stop in Flémalle and visit its castle and park? They won't fail to delight you.
- The medieval ruins of Herbeumont castle© Harry WedzingaHerbeumont
The medieval ruins of Herbeumont castleBuilt on top of a rocky outcrop overlooking the village and the Semois Valley, the medieval ruins of Herbeumont castle offer a splendid panorama of the river and its meanders.
- Cité Miroir: an exceptional cultural space in Liège© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLiège
Cité Miroir: an exceptional cultural space in LiègeLocated in the old Sauvenière basins in Liège, the Cité Miroir is a space for exhibitions, shows and cultural expression.
- The Château d'Havré (near Mons)© Les Amis du Château d’Havré - Nicole DarvilleMons
The Château d'Havré (near Mons)The Château d'Havré is a beautiful, ancient building built just on the outskirts of Mons, in Belgium.
- Château de Waroux© FTLB - P. WillemsAlleur
Château de WarouxThe Château de Waroux, property of the commune of Ans, is easy recognisable by its sleek and elegant spire. The site, at the entrance of the region of...
- Château de Moha© Château féodal de MohaMoha
Château de MohaThis stunning castle was set on a rocky spur at the edge of the village.
- Raeren castle and its ceramics museum© Töpfereimuseum Raeren - Christian Charlier, XACT ProductionRaeren
Raeren castle and its ceramics museumThis unique collection features more than 2000 pieces covers 500 years of Rhenish and contemporary ceramics.
- Le Phare | A museum complex in Andenne© Ville d’AndenneAndenne
Le Phare | A museum complex in AndenneLe Phare, a new museum space in Andenne, offers an interactive journey through history... Children and adults alike will enjoy travelling through eras thanks to the modern, playful presentation of the galleries.
- Boussu castle, its park and museum | Province of Hainaut© Utku PekliBoussu
Boussu castle, its park and museum | Province of HainautBuilt in the 16th century by Jacques du Broeucq, Boussu Castle offers a visit rich in cutural and nature gems.
- Maison de Magritte in Châtelet© Ville de Châtelet – Service Culture 2020Châtelet
Maison de Magritte in ChâteletDiscover the village of Châtelet, childhood home of the surrealist painter René Magritte ....
- Tour Burbant, a medieval dungeon in Ath© S. DhoteAth
Tour Burbant, a medieval dungeon in AthFrom the Château d’Ath, in the historic centre of the city of giants, remains a fortified dungeon dating back to the 12th century.
- Château de Petit-Leez© Château de Petit-LeezGrand-Leez
Château de Petit-LeezBuilt in the 17th century, enlarged and slightly modified in the 18th and 19th centuries, this farmhouse testifies to Mosan architecture which once had around a square courtyard the buildings constructed of traditional materials such as brick, stone blue and slate.
- Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in Mageroy© MTHSFA MC MarchalHabay
Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in MageroyMageroy is one of the very rare archaeological sites to remain open to the public throughout the year while excavations are still taking place. Even better, visitors can join scientists and help with the digs.
- Château de Trazegnies© Charleroi Tourisme Gina SantinTrazegnies
Château de TrazegniesLocated between Mons and Namur, the Château de Trazegnies, dating back to the XIth century, is a precious example of Belgian feudal architecture.
- Burg-Reuland castle© ostbelgien.eu – Dominik KetzBurg-Reuland
Burg-Reuland castleVisit one of the largest and most beautiful fortresses in the Ardenne, the castle of Reuland, nestled in an exceptional green setting. Take a stroll through the ruins and the renovated 9th century building. Even Emperor Charlemagne stayed there.
- Château du Fosteau |Thuin© WBT - D.VasilovThuin
Château du Fosteau |ThuinAt the peak of an undulation towering above the surrounding meadows, can be seen the silhouette of the Château de Fosteau. This imposing 14th-century fortified manor house is still armed with its seven elegant towers.
- Château d'Attre© Jan D’HondtAttre
Château d'AttreA must-see historical site located near the city of Ath (Province of Hainaut), the château d'Attre is one of the most authentic witnesses of the second half of the 18th century in Belgium. Its 17 hectares estate, lined by the Dendre river, is quite stunning.
- Chateau Comtal de Rochefort© Chateau Comtal RochefortRochefort
Chateau Comtal de RochefortRochefort Castle was once the largest castle in the Famenne, today it's an important historical and archeological site. Today, you can visit with guided walks and fun activities for children.
- Corroy-le-Château medieval castle© Simon SchmittCorroy-Le-Château
Corroy-le-Château medieval castleBuilt around 1270 by Count Philippe de Vianden, this castle in the plains of Wallonia, in perfect condition, is one of the most beautiful examples...
- Château des Princes de Ligne a Antoing© Ville d'AntoingAntoing
Château des Princes de Ligne a AntoingVisit the Castle of the Princes of Antoing Line, A magnificent neo-Gothic house where you can also see the wall of enclosure and the bolewerk (fortified bastion).
- Harzé castle and its Milling and Baking Museum© Steve CollinHarzé
Harzé castle and its Milling and Baking MuseumThe Milling and Bakery Museum will take you through the extraordinary adventure of harvesting grain, processing flour with old mills and bread making.
- Page 1