We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near Dinant© Parc de FurfoozFurfooz
A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near DinantThe Furfooz park, in the province of Namur, invites you to discover its archaeological, geological and natural heritage. This family-friendly stroll offers lovely views on the Lesse river.
- The Han Wildlife Reserve© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Han Wildlife ReserveVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)© B.LorquetSpa
The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)Nestled at the heart of the forests near Spa, by the Fagne de Malchamps, this estate opens its spaces to the public: a panoramic tower, a tree planted park with a pond and picnic area. It is also home to the Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux and to the CRIE.
- The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)© Claire HalleuxSpa
The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)The Forest and Waters Museum, nestled in the Domaine de Bérinzenne in Spa, reveals the many secrets of the fauna and flora of the Fagnes.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- The Solvay Estate | La Hulpe© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Hulpe
The Solvay Estate | La HulpeThe Solvay Estate in La Hulpe, listed as "Exceptional cultural site in Wallonia", features part of the Sonian Forest and the Château de La Hulpe.
- Maison du Parc-Botrange© Parc naturel HF-E ASBLWaimes
Maison du Parc-BotrangeLocated on the highest site of the country, between the Fagnes plain and forest crossed by mountain streams, the Maison du Parc-Botrange welcome visitors in their quest to reconnect with outdoors activities and discover the largest Nature reserve in Belgium.
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - Eupen© WBT - PériplétiesEupen
The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - EupenLocated at the confluence of the Vesdre and the Getzbach in Eupen, this dam is the third reservoir of potable water in Belgium. On its side, the visitor centre offers a stunning view of the construction and nearby woodlands.
- The stone and quarry museum in Maffle© JingMaffle
The stone and quarry museum in MaffleBlue stone has been cut and sculpted in Maffle since the Middle Ages: both a skill and an art... Want to know more? This museum will tell you all about this industry both locally and in Europe. The building, right in in the former quarries, used used to be one of the site's managers home.
- The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume region© M.LaurentBaranzy
The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume regionThe Cussignière marshes stretch over a vast plain between the Batte river and the Cussigny stream in Lorraine.
- The Julienne estate in Visé: woodlands, ponds and streams© 2016 - circuits-sainte-julienne.be - Anne-ZinnenVisé
The Julienne estate in Visé: woodlands, ponds and streamsThe Julienne estate stretches over 80 hectares by the stunning castle of Argenteau offers a wonderful day out with children or friends. This incredible green space includes woodlands, ponds and a leisure centre.
- The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university town© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university townThe lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, 7 hectares wide, was created in 1984 as a storm basin and fishing pond. A path invites visitors to walk around it.
- The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)© FTBWLimelette
The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)Take a stroll in these 5 hectares of woodland in Limette (near Ottignies/Louvain-la-Neuve in the Walloon Brabant). Perfect for a family day out!
- A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | Lomprez© WBT - S.BurgeonWellin
A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | LomprezNear the village of Welin, the Natagora nature space offers a short - but delightful - walk in a wetland area, where the Ave stream overflows.
- Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)© P. VanderoostHabay
Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)Located at the heart of the Chiny forest (province of Luxembourg), the Vierre lake, also known as the Suxy dam, offers a splendid nature area. Visitors can fish there - carps, mainly, but also trout, tenches, roaches and perches.
- Fishing and relaxing at the ponds of Stavelot© PAMStavelot
Fishing and relaxing at the ponds of StavelotThe former ponds of the Stavelot Abbey are now a peaceful nature reserve and a real paradise for fishermen...
- The Bütgenbach lakes and its VENNtastic Beach (Eastern Cantons)© An Van Rie CommunicationBütgenbach
The Bütgenbach lakes and its VENNtastic Beach (Eastern Cantons)The Bütgenbach lake, created by the Warche dam, offers a wide range of sports and outdoor activities. Why not enjoy VENNtastic Beach on its banks? Monitored swimming zone, trampolines, pedal boats, play areas, kayaking... There is something for everyone.
- Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-Semois© Morgane Vander LindenAlle-sur-Semois
Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-SemoisDiscover the exceptional setting of one of the last Belgian slate quarries.
- The lake of Bambois and its gardens© Lac de BamboisFosses-la-Ville
The lake of Bambois and its gardensThe gardens of the Bambois lake, in Fosses-la-Ville, offer stunning green spaces. The site, listed ny Natura 2000, has much to offer: a bird observatory, boats to go fishing, discovery trails... You can even go wild swimming and enjoy 2 sandy beaches.
- Harchies marshes© WBT A RobertHarchies
Harchies marshesThe Harchies marchies, in the Hainaut, are wetlands of ornithological interest. This nature space offers one of the most diverse flora in Wallonia.
- NATECOM | A Nature and Environment Centre in Leval-Trahegnies© Natecom asblBinche
NATECOM | A Nature and Environment Centre in Leval-TrahegniesNatecom is a pioneer in Belgium when it comes to promoting Binche's former mine heaps, and has been since 1970. Its Nature and Environment Interpretative Centre aims at helping the public to understand how important protecting the ecosystem is.
- CRIE | Saint-Michel© CRIE du Fourneau Saint-MichelSaint-Hubert
CRIE | Saint-MichelThe CRIE (Centre Régional d'Initiation à l'Environnement du fourneau Saint-Michel) invites to to learn more about this extraordinary site, located in a forest massif.
- Visit the former quarry of Obourg© ASBL Maison des Sciences de la Vie et de la Terre - Michel Van ReysenMons
Visit the former quarry of ObourgThe Maison des Sciences de la Vie et de la Terre invites you to enjoy a guided tour the quarry of Obourg (Mons), redeveloped as a natural, educational area. A nature guide will presen the local flora and fauna of this incredible ecosystem: wild orchids, gulls, deer... live by the limestone cliffs.
- Domaine de Mirwart© WBT - J.P. RemyMirwart
Domaine de MirwartThis stunning estate near Saint-Hubert offers nature-lovers a wealth of green spaces, stretching over 1,350 hectares. The two streams, lined with willows and maple trees are perfect excuses for walks and picnics.
- Stavelot Beach | BBQ and relaxation by the Amblève© Michel LaboureurStavelot
Stavelot Beach | BBQ and relaxation by the AmblèveThis natural site by the Amblève, a few hundred metres from the historical centre of Stavelot, is the perfect place to dream, relax or have a BBQ.
- The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical location© M. LaurentEtalle
The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical locationWell known by the locals, these exceptional caves feature in many legends linkeds to D’jean dMady but also to the Gaume fairies.
- Saint-Hubert wildlife park© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteSaint-Hubert
Saint-Hubert wildlife parkSaint Hubert wildlife park, in the heart of the Ardenne, is a real gem where visitors can admire Wallonia's animals.