We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Cruises on the Meuse with Le Pays de Liège boat© Service communication de la Province de Liège - Gerard GuissardLiège
Cruises on the Meuse with Le Pays de Liège boatFancy seeing Liège and the south of Belgium from a different angle? Try Le Pays de Liège: a beautiful boat offering comfortable and memorable cruises. Perfect with friends or family!
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- The Aisne Tourist Tram (TTA)© WBT - J.P. RemyErezée
The Aisne Tourist Tram (TTA)The TTA - the Aisne Tourist Tram - runs along part of a former railway road in the Ardennes.
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayThieu
The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du CentreSituated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)© Patrick ChristodouleasLiège
Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)Liège's Public Transport Museum invites you to (re)discover the vehicles of the past. A real journey through time!
- The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)© Bernard CarbonneauxMariembourg
The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)Enjoy a travel through time aboard this authentic steam train, a wonderful way to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Wallonia.
- River cruises on the Meuse with Dinant Evasion© Dinant EvasionDinant
River cruises on the Meuse with Dinant EvasionFancy discovering the Haute-Meuse differently? Dinant Evasion offers a choice of 2 cruises on the river, starting from Dinant.
- The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-ThuinThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.
- The Chemin de Fer du Bocq touristic train© Chemins du Rail asbl - Jean-Louis NOIRHOMMESpontin (Yvoir)
The Chemin de Fer du Bocq touristic trainThe Chemin de Fer du Bocq is a touristic train going along the "Luxembourg rail line" between Ciney and Purnode (Yvoir).
- Croco Express, the Eau d'Heure lakes touristic train© Crocodile Rouge - Jean-Francois BaeldenBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Croco Express, the Eau d'Heure lakes touristic trainCome on board the Croco Express, a sweet touristic train, to discover the region of the Eau d'Heure lakes in Belgium.
- Compagnie des Croisières Mosanes, river cruises in Dinant© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
Compagnie des Croisières Mosanes, river cruises in DinantAll aboard for one of the most beautiful river cruises on the Meuse! Come and discover the Haute-Meuse region and its stunning landscapes.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- The citadel of Namur's tourist train© FTPN - BossiroyNamur
The citadel of Namur's tourist trainNamur's tourist train will take you on a ride around the Citadel's defence walls. A fantastic way to appreciate their architecture and learn more about their history, from the Middle Ages to the present days.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- Enjoy a river cruise with Croisières Namur© S.I. de NamurNamur
Enjoy a river cruise with Croisières NamurA cruise is one of the most wonderful ways to admire the Haute Meuse and its stunning landscapes... Get on board, the meeting point is near the Pont de Jambes in Namur.
- Sambre Tourisme© Sambre TourismeThuin
Sambre TourismeThe Haute Sambre is becoming, like the Canal du Midi and Canals of Burgundy, an iconic location for river tourism.
- Enjoy a river cruise from Floreffe with the Carpe Diem narrowboats© Péniche Carpe DiemFloreffe
Enjoy a river cruise from Floreffe with the Carpe Diem narrowboats
- Mini cruises between the Aulne abbey and Thuin on a narrowboat© MT - Pays des Lacs - C. CharueFontaine-l'Evêque
Mini cruises between the Aulne abbey and Thuin on a narrowboatAlways fancied a cruise on a narrowboat? Join the captain of the Gavroche (mear the prestigious abbey of Aulne, 10 km of Charleroi and 30 km from France) for a fantastic time on the river. The boat, painted in cheerful colours, offers a wonderful way to admire the villages of Landelies, Erquelinnes, Thuin, Lobbes...
- Liège Outdoor Game© Liège Outdoor GameLiège
Liège Outdoor GameLiège Outdoor Game organises games to enjoy with friend and family in the Fiery City - either indoor or online.
- Le Siroteur | An outdoor Escape game near Namur© Le SiroteurLa Bruyère
Le Siroteur | An outdoor Escape game near NamurLe Siroteur has designed a Slow Tourism Escape Game, set in nature and based on real facts. Perfect to learn about the local history... In La Bruyère, near Namur.
- Durbuy's touristic train© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteDurbuy
Durbuy's touristic trainA fun visit of the smallest city in the world, finishing on the heights of the town.
- Centre d'interprétation d'Art de l'Ecole (Vresse)© Centre d'interprétation d’ArtVresse-sur-Semois
Centre d'interprétation d'Art de l'Ecole (Vresse)Located in the village of Vresse-sur-Sémois (Ardenne), the Centre d’Interprétation d’Art de l’École de Vresse features 200 artworks.
- Moha Castle Escape Game© Château de MohaWanze
Moha Castle Escape GameLove Escape Games? Come and solve the mystery of the secret library of Moha castle...
- Charlerooms | Escape games in Charleroi© CharleroomsCharleroi
Charlerooms | Escape games in CharleroiThe recreational centre Charlesroom organises immersive escape rooms, perfect to have fun with friend and family.
- Le p'tit train d'Houdeng brings the trains of your childhood back to life© Paula MondragonHoudeng-Goegnies
Le p'tit train d'Houdeng brings the trains of your childhood back to lifeRiding a train, impossible? Dreams do come true at the P'tit train d'Houdeng. Sitting on your own electric or steam train, you can enjoy being the driver on a 1,600 m long network of tracks.
- Take the Cramignon ferry and pass the border via the Meuse river© Maison du Tourisme du Pays de HerveVisé
Take the Cramignon ferry and pass the border via the Meuse riverEvery year, 40,000 passengers take the Cramignon ferry to cross the Meuse between the Walloon village of Lanaye and the Dutch commune of Eijsden. A lovely way to discover the region.
- A cruise on the Canal du centre, from Ronquières to Strépy-Thieu© C. CarpentierBraine-le-Comte
A cruise on the Canal du centre, from Ronquières to Strépy-ThieuThe Hainaut region proves quite artistic, notably near the Canal du Centre. The most impressive pieces are near the Ronquière inclined plane and the Strépy-Thieu boat lifts. Why not indulge in a boat cruise to learn more?
- River cruises in Huy with Bateau Val Mosan© Clarisse WalchHuy
River cruises in Huy with Bateau Val MosanGet on board the Val Mosan in Huy and discover the Meuse valley from a different angle... This touristic boat invites you, between May and September, for a one hour cruise. Perfect with friends and family.
- See the Fiery City from the Meuse river with Liège Croisières© FTLB - P. WillemsLiège
See the Fiery City from the Meuse river with Liège CroisièresSee the Fiery City from a different angle with Liège Croisières and their 3 boats.
- Spa touristic train© O.T. de SpaSpa
Spa touristic trainExplore Spa all year round on board this sweet touristic train.
- Discover Tournai with a ride on the touristic train© VisittournaiTournai
Discover Tournai with a ride on the touristic trainThis 50 mn itinerary, starting from the belfry, is a wonderful opportunity to travel through the 2,000 years of history of the city.
- L'Espérance: Nismes touristic train© C. LevacqNismes
L'Espérance: Nismes touristic trainItinerary presenting the iconic locations in Nismes: castle, park, Fondry des Chiens...
- Little touristic train© FTLB - P. WillemsLa Roche-En-Ardenne
Little touristic trainThis itinerary first goes through the city then goes up toward the wildlife park and the arboretum. You will have the possibility to hop off at both parks and catch up a later train back to town. Groups: possibility to book and choose a different itinerary.
- The Little Train of Happiness© WBT-Antoine DavisterRebecq
The Little Train of HappinessAn enchanting experience! Every Sunday and public holiday between May and September, the Petit train du bonheur (or train of happiness) rides on the former n°115 SNCB line in Rebecq, passing the Senne and Bird Valley as it goes along...
- The cable ferry in Waulsort will help you travel in time© OTH - Maes ChristianWaulsort
The cable ferry in Waulsort will help you travel in timeTo cross from one bank to another in Walsort, you can use a ferry. Not any ferry, the very last traditional
- The Namourettes: boats on the Meuse and Sambre rivers (Namur)© WBT - Denis ErroyauxJambes
The Namourettes: boats on the Meuse and Sambre rivers (Namur)Discover the pleasure of cruising through the traffic in Namur effortlessly - join the Namourettes for a boat ride on the Sambre and the Meuse rivers!
- Chimay's touristic train© SI de ChimayChimay
Chimay's touristic trainThis sweet touristic train starts from the Grand Place in Chimay and takes visitors to Virelles via the Maillon Vert: a fantastic ride along the Eau Blanche river, offering lovely views of the Prince des Chimay park.
- Rochefort's touristic train© SI de RochefortRochefort
Rochefort's touristic trainStep on board Rochefort's touristic train to discover the region, its natural sites (Panorama du Rond du roi, Grotte de Lorette…) and cultural heritage
- The Hautes Fagnes railbikes | Elsenborn© WBT - Julie NevenElsenborn
The Hautes Fagnes railbikes | ElsenbornLooking for an original activity with family or friends? Try the Railbike and pedal through the beautiful wooded landscape of the Haute Fagnes.