We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- Electric boats rentals on the Meuse river | Dinant© DINANT NautiqueDinant
Electric boats rentals on the Meuse river | DinantDinant Evasion invites you to see Dinant, the birth town of Adolphe Sax, from an electric boat – quite a different angle! Even better: no license is required. Get on board, adventure awaits!
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)© Patrick ChristodouleasLiège
Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)Liège's Public Transport Museum invites you to (re)discover the vehicles of the past. A real journey through time!
- Maredsous abbey: cheese and beer of character© Abbaye de Maredsous asblDenée
Maredsous abbey: cheese and beer of characterThe Maredsous Abbey, in the Molignée valley, is one of the most beautiful ones in Belgium. Make the most of your visit to admire the architecture of the monastery and taste the famous cheese and beer made on site.
- Electric boat rentals for cruises on the Canal du Centre© Utopix - VhelloStrépy-Bracquegnies
Electric boat rentals for cruises on the Canal du CentreThe Boatlifts of the Canal du Centre Historique, listed by UNESCO, are iconic sights in the Region. From the Cantine des Italiens, you can rent electric boats (no permit required!) and indulge in a journey through time.
- The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-ThuinThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valley© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valleyThe citadel of Dinant promises an incredible day out. Retrace 900 years history and discover the Meuse valley in Belgium.
- The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)© Bernard CarbonneauxMariembourg
The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)Enjoy a travel through time aboard this authentic steam train, a wonderful way to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Wallonia.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.