We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- Modave Castle and its exceptional gardens© WBT - J.P. RemyModave
Modave Castle and its exceptional gardensThe Modave castle, listed as major cultural heritage of Wallonia, is well worth the detour. Built on a rocky hill in the province of Liège, it is said to date back to the Middle Ages.
- Château de Jehay | Amay© JP Rolin Province de LiegeAmay
Château de Jehay | AmayLocated in the province of Liège, the Château de Jehay offers a remarkable architecture, unique in Europe. This impressive historical building, surrounded by moats, seems to appear as if by magic as you walk past the forest.
- The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in Rochefort© Val de LesseLavaux-Sainte-Anne
The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in RochefortThe castle of Lavaux-Saint-Anne, its three museums, its park and gardens in the province of Namur are sure to enchant you. This magnificent castle on the plain of Wallonia is a mere 16 km from Rochefort, 23 from the French border.
- Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in Ardenne© S.I. La Roche-en-ArdenneLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in ArdenneLe Parc à gibier de La Roche is a wonderful opportunity to discover the animals - cute or impressive - living in the Ardenne forest. The perfect family day out!
- Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in Wallonia© WBT - David SamynBouillon
Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in WalloniaBuilt on three rock pitons overlooking the Semois river, the Bouillon Castle is a remarkable monument in the province of Luxembourg, retracing almost a thousand years of history and military architecture.
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- Reinhardstein castle | Ovifat© WBT - S. WittenbolOvifat
Reinhardstein castle | OvifatNestled in the eastern townships of the Haute s Fagnes, this castle from the 14th century overlooks Ovifat from the top of its peak.
- Liège Aquarium-Museum© Aquarium-Muséum de LiègeLiège
Liège Aquarium-MuseumThe Aquarium-Museum in Liège will take you on a wonderful journey through the animal and aquatic universes, featuring fish from around the world.
- The Château de Seneffe, its estate and its Silverware Museum© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe
The Château de Seneffe, its estate and its Silverware MuseumThe Château de Seneffe estate and its Museum feature one of Belgium's most important silverware collections.
- Ruins of La Roche-en-Ardenne castle© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Ruins of La Roche-en-Ardenne castleOverlooking the city and the Ourthe river, at the very heart of nature, this IXth century castle makes La Roche the gem of the Ardenne and the Luxembourg province. A wonderful journey to medieval times awaits...
- The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)© Bernard CarbonneauxMariembourg
The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)Enjoy a travel through time aboard this authentic steam train, a wonderful way to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Wallonia.
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.