We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
- L'île Robinson: a relaxing island on the Meuse© Ville de ViséVisé
L'île Robinson: a relaxing island on the Meuse
- Renipont Plage: a swimming area in Lasne (Walloon Brabant)© C. T Sas - Destination BWLasne
Renipont Plage: a swimming area in Lasne (Walloon Brabant)200 tons of white sand, a water slide, rowing boats, beach volley and pétanque grounds: Renipont Plage is much more fun than a swimming pool!
- The Coo waterfall (Province of Liège)© WBT - David SamynStavelot
The Coo waterfall (Province of Liège)This waterfall, right at the heart of the village of Coo, is not only stunning: it also is the highest natural one in the whole of Belgium. The Amblève river falls down a full 15 metres height.
- L'Espérance: Nismes touristic train© C. LevacqViroinval
L'Espérance: Nismes touristic trainItinerary presenting the iconic locations in Nismes: castle, park, Fondry des Chiens...
- The Bütgenbach lakes and its VENNtastic Beach (Eastern Cantons)© An Van Rie CommunicationBütgenbach
The Bütgenbach lakes and its VENNtastic Beach (Eastern Cantons)The Bütgenbach lake, created by the Warche dam, offers a wide range of sports and outdoor activities. Why not enjoy VENNtastic Beach on its banks? Monitored swimming zone, trampolines, pedal boats, play areas, kayaking... There is something for everyone.
- Liège Outdoor Game© Liège Outdoor GameLiège
Liège Outdoor GameLiège Outdoor Game organises games to enjoy with friend and family in the Fiery City - either indoor or online.
- The lake of Bambois and its gardens© Lac de BamboisFosses-la-Ville
The lake of Bambois and its gardensThe gardens of the Bambois lake, in Fosses-la-Ville, offer stunning green spaces. The site, listed ny Natura 2000, has much to offer: a bird observatory, boats to go fishing, discovery trails... You can even go wild swimming and enjoy 2 sandy beaches.
- The Little Train of Happiness© WBT-Antoine DavisterRebecq
The Little Train of HappinessAn enchanting experience! Every Sunday and public holiday between May and September, the Petit train du bonheur (or train of happiness) rides on the former n°115 SNCB line in Rebecq, passing the Senne and Bird Valley as it goes along...
- Train touristique de Rochefort© SI de RochefortRochefort
Train touristique de RochefortStep on board Rochefort's tourist train to discover the region, its natural sites (Panorama du Rond du roi, Grotte de Lorette…) and cultural heritage
- Lake Warfaaz | Near Spa© Office du Tourisme de Spa – Gaêtan PleinSpa
Lake Warfaaz | Near SpaFishermen, nature and pedal boat lovers are sure to enjoy the lake of Warfaaz, near Spa.
- The Chemin de Fer du Bocq touristic train© Chemins du Rail asbl - Jean-Louis NOIRHOMMESpontin (Yvoir)
The Chemin de Fer du Bocq touristic trainThe Chemin de Fer du Bocq is a touristic train going along the "Luxembourg rail line" between Ciney and Purnode (Yvoir).
- Charlerooms | Escape games in Charleroi© CharleroomsCharleroi
Charlerooms | Escape games in CharleroiThe recreational centre Charlesroom organises immersive escape rooms, perfect to have fun with friend and family.
- The Julienne estate in Visé: woodlands, ponds and streams© Circuits-sainte-julienne.beVisé
The Julienne estate in Visé: woodlands, ponds and streamsThe Julienne estate stretches over 80 hectares by the stunning castle of Argenteau offers a wonderful day out with children or friends. This incredible green space includes woodlands, ponds and a leisure centre.
- The Solvay Estate | La Hulpe© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Hulpe
The Solvay Estate | La HulpeThe Solvay Estate in La Hulpe, listed as "Exceptional cultural site in Wallonia", features part of the Sonian Forest and the Château de La Hulpe.
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in Soumagne© Domaine provincial de WégimontSoumagne
Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in SoumagneThis charming leisure center is nestled in a 22 hectares park planted with trees and flowers, near the Herve plateau.
- The Hautes Fagnes railbikes | Elsenborn© WBT - Julie NevenElsenborn
The Hautes Fagnes railbikes | ElsenbornLooking for an original activity with family or friends? Try the Railbike and pedal through the beautiful wooded landscape of the Haute Fagnes.
- Visit the former quarry of Obourg© ASBL Maison des Sciences de la Vie et de la Terre - Michel Van ReysenMons
Visit the former quarry of ObourgThe Maison des Sciences de la Vie et de la Terre invites you to enjoy a guided tour the quarry of Obourg (Mons), redeveloped as a natural, educational area. A nature guide will presen the local flora and fauna of this incredible ecosystem: wild orchids, gulls, deer... live by the limestone cliffs.
- Fishing at the Fond de Paradis ponds (Gouvy)© Josy MottetBovigny
Fishing at the Fond de Paradis ponds (Gouvy)Discover the Fond de Paradis pond in Courtil-Bovigny (near Gouvy, province of Luxembourg). Its enchanting, peaceful setting will delight those interested in trout fishing.
- The lake of Robertville: relaxation and wild swimming© Robertville-les-bainsRobertville
The lake of Robertville: relaxation and wild swimmingThe lake of Robertville, in the commune of Waimes, will delight those looking for peace and relaxation. Wrapped beautifully by woodlands, it offers stunning landscapes.
- Discover Tournai with a ride on the touristic train© VisittournaiTournai
Discover Tournai with a ride on the touristic trainThis 50 mn itinerary, starting from the belfry, is a wonderful opportunity to travel through the 2,000 years of history of the city.
- Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)© P. VanderoostHabay
Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)Located at the heart of the Chiny forest (province of Luxembourg), the Vierre lake, also known as the Suxy dam, offers a splendid nature area. Visitors can fish there - carps, mainly, but also trout, tenches, roaches and perches.
- A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | Lomprez© WBT - S.BurgeonWellin
A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | LomprezNear the village of Welin, the Natagora nature space offers a short - but delightful - walk in a wetland area, where the Ave stream overflows.
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.
- The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - Eupen© WBT - PériplétiesEupen
The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - EupenLocated at the confluence of the Vesdre and the Getzbach in Eupen, this dam is the third reservoir of potable water in Belgium. On its side, the visitor centre offers a stunning view of the construction and nearby woodlands.
- Croco Express, the Eau d'Heure lakes touristic train© Crocodile Rouge - Jean-Francois BaeldenBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Croco Express, the Eau d'Heure lakes touristic trainCome on board the Croco Express, a sweet touristic train, to discover the region of the Eau d'Heure lakes in Belgium.
- Le Siroteur | An outdoor Escape Game near Namur© Le Siroteur ASBLLa Bruyère
Le Siroteur | An outdoor Escape Game near NamurLe Siroteur has designed a Slow Tourism Escape Game, set in nature and based on real facts. Perfect to learn about the local history... In La Bruyère, near Namur.
- The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)© Bernard CarbonneauxMariembourg
The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)Enjoy a travel through time aboard this authentic steam train, a wonderful way to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Wallonia.
- Maboge-Plage, beach and river swimming near La Roche-en-Ardenne© FTLB - P. WillemsMâboge
Maboge-Plage, beach and river swimming near La Roche-en-ArdenneMaboge, a charming forestry village near La Roche-en-Ardenne, has its own beach, open to all. Why not stop by and swim in the river and enjoy this peaceful, green setting? Maboge also is the perfect place to go kayaking down the Ourthe from.
- How’Labyrinthe - Le Bizet© WBT JP Remy MélinComines-Warneton
How’Labyrinthe - Le BizetWill you dare step in the labyrinth and find the way out?
- Trout fishing in Bra-sur-Lienne (Ardenne)© La Treignoise a.s.b.l.Lierneux
Trout fishing in Bra-sur-Lienne (Ardenne)The Bra-sur-Lienne fishery near Lierneux (Ardenne) is ideal to fish trout.
- The Lobbes-Thuin historic tramway© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Lobbes-Thuin historic tramwayThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- The Nisramont lake and dam (La Roche-en-Ardenne)© WBT - Caroline RaseNisramont
The Nisramont lake and dam (La Roche-en-Ardenne)The Ardenne enjoys amazing natural sites, the lake of Nisrasmont for example. Perfect for hikes and water fun... Make sure to visit the dam too.
- Trout fishing at the Vivier pond© AquaphotoCouvin
Trout fishing at the Vivier pondThe Vivier pond, near Couvin (South of the province of Namur), will delight anyone with a liking for trout fishing.
- La Vallée du Lac | A leisure centre in Neufchâteau© FTLB - P. WillemsNeufchâteau
La Vallée du Lac | A leisure centre in NeufchâteauLa Vallée du Lac is a fantastic leisure centre in Neufchâteau (Province of Luxembourg).
- Lake Gileppe Dam© Barrage du lac de la GileppeJalhay
Lake Gileppe DamLooking for a unique day out? Come and see the lake Gileppe dam, a masterpiece of structural engineering. Nature, leisure: there is much to do!
- The Pécrot pond, a fishing site near Grez-Doiceau© Henri MoriasGrez-Doiceau
The Pécrot pond, a fishing site near Grez-DoiceauThis stunning 5 hectares pond, listed by Natura 2000, is located in Pécrot in the Brabant part of the Ardenne.
- Fishing in the ponds of the vallée des Prés (Oignies-en-Thiérache)© La Treignoise a.s.b.l.Viroinval
Fishing in the ponds of the vallée des Prés (Oignies-en-Thiérache)The ponds in the Vallée des Prés, in Oignies-en-Tiérache near Viroinval, are a Natura 2000 site dedicated to fishing (for a day, month or whole year).
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- Spa touristic train© O.T. de SpaSpa
Spa touristic trainExplore Spa all year round on board this sweet touristic train.
- Jemappes communal park (Hainaut)© WBT JP Remy MélinJemappes
Jemappes communal park (Hainaut)This stunning park is only a few minutes walk away from the town centre of Jemappes, a sweet village in the Hainaut. Its 20 hectares are a pure invite for strolls.
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- Stavelot Beach | BBQ and relaxation by the Amblève© Michel LaboureurStavelot
Stavelot Beach | BBQ and relaxation by the AmblèveThis natural site by the Amblève, a few hundred metres from the historical centre of Stavelot, is the perfect place to dream, relax or have a BBQ.
- The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university town© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university townThe lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, 7 hectares wide, was created in 1984 as a storm basin and fishing pond. A path invites visitors to walk around it.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- Fishing and relaxing at the ponds of Stavelot© PAMStavelot
Fishing and relaxing at the ponds of StavelotThe former ponds of the Stavelot Abbey are now a peaceful nature reserve and a real paradise for fishermen...