Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
- The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)© Bernard CarbonneauxMariembourg
The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)Enjoy a travel through time aboard this authentic steam train, a wonderful way to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Wallonia.
- Parc Accrobranche Dinant Aventure: a tree top challenge© Dinant EvasionAnseremme
Parc Accrobranche Dinant Aventure: a tree top challengeThe Parc de Dinant Aventure, which overlooks the Lesse and Meuse valleys, offers thrilling adventures in a stunning natural setting.
- Electric boat rentals for cruises on the Canal du Centre© Utopix - VhelloLa Louvière
Electric boat rentals for cruises on the Canal du CentreThe Boatlifts of the Canal du Centre Historique, listed by UNESCO, are iconic sights in the Region. From the Cantine des Italiens, you can rent electric boats (no permit required!) and indulge in a journey through time.
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- Electric boats rentals on the Meuse river | Dinant© DINANT NautiqueDinant
Electric boats rentals on the Meuse river | DinantDinant Evasion invites you to see Dinant, the birth town of Adolphe Sax, from an electric boat – quite a different angle! Even better: no license is required. Get on board, adventure awaits!