We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- The Solvay Estate | La Hulpe© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Hulpe
The Solvay Estate | La HulpeThe Solvay Estate in La Hulpe, listed as "Exceptional cultural site in Wallonia", features part of the Sonian Forest and the Château de La Hulpe.
- The Aisne Tourist Tram (TTA)© WBT - J.P. RemyErezée
The Aisne Tourist Tram (TTA)The TTA - the Aisne Tourist Tram - runs along part of a former railway road in the Ardennes.
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)© Patrick ChristodouleasLiège
Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)Liège's Public Transport Museum invites you to (re)discover the vehicles of the past. A real journey through time!
- The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)© Bernard CarbonneauxMariembourg
The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)Enjoy a travel through time aboard this authentic steam train, a wonderful way to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Wallonia.
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)© B.LorquetSpa
The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)Nestled at the heart of the forests near Spa, by the Fagne de Malchamps, this estate opens its spaces to the public: a panoramic tower, a tree planted park with a pond and picnic area. It is also home to the Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux and to the CRIE.
- The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-ThuinThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.
- The Chemin de Fer du Bocq touristic train© Chemins du Rail asbl - Jean-Louis NOIRHOMMESpontin (Yvoir)
The Chemin de Fer du Bocq touristic trainThe Chemin de Fer du Bocq is a touristic train going along the "Luxembourg rail line" between Ciney and Purnode (Yvoir).
- Croco Express, the Eau d'Heure lakes touristic train© Crocodile Rouge - Jean-Francois BaeldenBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Croco Express, the Eau d'Heure lakes touristic trainCome on board the Croco Express, a sweet touristic train, to discover the region of the Eau d'Heure lakes in Belgium.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- The citadel of Namur's tourist train© FTPN - BossiroyNamur
The citadel of Namur's tourist trainNamur's tourist train will take you on a ride around the Citadel's defence walls. A fantastic way to appreciate their architecture and learn more about their history, from the Middle Ages to the present days.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- Fishing at the Fond de Paradis ponds (Gouvy)© Josy MottetBovigny
Fishing at the Fond de Paradis ponds (Gouvy)Discover the Fond de Paradis pond in Courtil-Bovigny (near Gouvy, province of Luxembourg). Its enchanting, peaceful setting will delight those interested in trout fishing.
- The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)© FTBWLimelette
The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)Take a stroll in these 5 hectares of woodland in Limette (near Ottignies/Louvain-la-Neuve in the Walloon Brabant). Perfect for a family day out!
- Fish in the stunning setting of the Cendron ponds in Momignies© AquaphotoForge-Philippe
Fish in the stunning setting of the Cendron ponds in MomigniesThe Cendron ponds in Forge-Philippe, near Momignies in the Botte du Hainaut region, offers a range of activities and fishing options in a stunning natural setting.
- Trout fishing at the Vivier pond© AquaphotoCouvin
Trout fishing at the Vivier pondThe Vivier pond, near Couvin (South of the province of Namur), will delight anyone with a liking for trout fishing.
- Trout fishing in Bra-sur-Lienne (Ardenne)© La Treignoise a.s.b.l.Lierneux
Trout fishing in Bra-sur-Lienne (Ardenne)The Bra-sur-Lienne fishery near Lierneux (Ardenne) is ideal to fish trout.
- Fishing and relaxing at the ponds of Stavelot© PAMStavelot
Fishing and relaxing at the ponds of StavelotThe former ponds of the Stavelot Abbey are now a peaceful nature reserve and a real paradise for fishermen...
- La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-Hubert© FTLB P.WillemsFreux
La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-HubertVisit a unique, organic fish farm in Belgium and discover how trouts and Atlantic salmons are grown. This impressive estate in Libramont-Chevigny has no less than 30 ponds.
- L'île Robinson: a relaxing island on the Meuse© Ville de ViséVisé
L'île Robinson: a relaxing island on the Meuse
- The Coeurcq ponds in Tubize© O.T. TubizeTubize
The Coeurcq ponds in TubizeIn Turbize (Walloon Brabant region), the Coeurcq ponds and waterfalls are a real invite to take a stroll, relax or even go fishing.
- The ponds of Liévin, an ecological site in Rebecq© Les étangs communaux de RebecqRebecq
The ponds of Liévin, an ecological site in RebecqLocated near the pink farm in Rebecq (Walloon Brabant), the former Liévin ponds have been cleaned up and revalorised as an ecological site, open to fishermen.
- The Pécrot pond, a fishing site near Grez-Doiceau© Henri MoriasGrez-Doiceau
The Pécrot pond, a fishing site near Grez-DoiceauThis stunning 5 hectares pond, listed by Natura 2000, is located in Pécrot in the Brabant part of the Ardenne.
- The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume region© M.LaurentBaranzy
The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume regionThe Cussignière marshes stretch over a vast plain between the Batte river and the Cussigny stream in Lorraine.
- Lake Warfaaz | Near Spa© Office du Tourisme de Spa – Gaêtan PleinSpa
Lake Warfaaz | Near SpaFishermen, nature and pedal boat lovers are sure to enjoy the lake of Warfaaz, near Spa.
- Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)© P. VanderoostHabay
Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)Located at the heart of the Chiny forest (province of Luxembourg), the Vierre lake, also known as the Suxy dam, offers a splendid nature area. Visitors can fish there - carps, mainly, but also trout, tenches, roaches and perches.
- A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | Lomprez© WBT - S.BurgeonWellin
A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | LomprezNear the village of Welin, the Natagora nature space offers a short - but delightful - walk in a wetland area, where the Ave stream overflows.
- The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university town© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university townThe lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, 7 hectares wide, was created in 1984 as a storm basin and fishing pond. A path invites visitors to walk around it.
- The Julienne estate in Visé: woodlands, ponds and streams© 2016 - circuits-sainte-julienne.be - Anne-ZinnenVisé
The Julienne estate in Visé: woodlands, ponds and streamsThe Julienne estate stretches over 80 hectares by the stunning castle of Argenteau offers a wonderful day out with children or friends. This incredible green space includes woodlands, ponds and a leisure centre.
- Durbuy's touristic train© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteDurbuy
Durbuy's touristic trainA fun visit of the smallest city in the world, finishing on the heights of the town.
- The lake of Genval and its yacht club© WBT - Denis ErroyauxGenval
The lake of Genval and its yacht clubThis large stretch of water (18 hectares) stretches along the forest of Soignes, a mere 20 km of Brussels: quite a fantastic site and a pure invite to relax! It also is home to the Genval Yacht Club.
- Lake Gileppe Dam© Barrage du lac de la GileppeJalhay
Lake Gileppe DamLooking for a unique day out? Come and see the lake Gileppe dam, a masterpiece of structural engineering. Nature, leisure: there is much to do!
- The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - Eupen© WBT - PériplétiesEupen
The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - EupenLocated at the confluence of the Vesdre and the Getzbach in Eupen, this dam is the third reservoir of potable water in Belgium. On its side, the visitor centre offers a stunning view of the construction and nearby woodlands.
- Jemappes communal park (Hainaut)© FTLB - P. WillemsJemappes
Jemappes communal park (Hainaut)This stunning park is only a few minutes walk away from the town centre of Jemappes, a sweet village in the Hainaut. Its 20 hectares are a pure invite for strolls.
- The Nisramont lake and dam (La Roche-en-Ardenne)© WBT - Caroline RaseNisramont
The Nisramont lake and dam (La Roche-en-Ardenne)The Ardenne enjoys amazing natural sites, the lake of Nisrasmont for example. Perfect for hikes and water fun... Make sure to visit the dam too.
- The Coo waterfall (Province of Liège)© WBT - David SamynStavelot
The Coo waterfall (Province of Liège)This waterfall, right at the heart of the village of Coo, is not only stunning: it also is the highest natural one in the whole of Belgium. The Amblève river falls down a full 15 metres height.
- Fishing in the ponds of the vallée des Prés (Oignies-en-Thiérache)© La Treignoise a.s.b.l.Viroinval
Fishing in the ponds of the vallée des Prés (Oignies-en-Thiérache)The ponds in the Vallée des Prés, in Oignies-en-Tiérache near Viroinval, are a Natura 2000 site dedicated to fishing (for a day, month or whole year).
- La Vallée du Lac | A leisure centre in Neufchâteau© FTLB - P. WillemsNeufchâteau
La Vallée du Lac | A leisure centre in NeufchâteauLa Vallée du Lac is a fantastic leisure centre in Neufchâteau (Province of Luxembourg).
- The lake of Conchibois in Saint-Léger© Lac de ConchiboisSaint-Léger
The lake of Conchibois in Saint-LégerNestled in a green little haven in Saint-Léger (Gaume), the lake of Conchibois offers activities for the whole family - including swimming in high-quality water.
- Maboge-Plage, beach and river swimming near La Roche-en-Ardenne© FTLB - P. WillemsMâboge
Maboge-Plage, beach and river swimming near La Roche-en-ArdenneMaboge, a charming forestry village near La Roche-en-Ardenne, has its own beach, open to all. Why not stop by and swim in the river and enjoy this peaceful, green setting? Maboge also is the perfect place to go kayaking down the Ourthe from.
- Renipont Plage: a swimming area in Lasne (Walloon Brabant)© C. T Sas - Destination BWLasne
Renipont Plage: a swimming area in Lasne (Walloon Brabant)200 tons of white sand, a water slide, rowing boats, beach volley and pétanque grounds: Renipont Plage is much more fun than a swimming pool!
- Page 1