We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- Western-City: the American West at the heart of the Ardenne© Western-CityChaudfontaine
Western-City: the American West at the heart of the ArdenneCowboys, Indians, Sheriff, saloon: get ready to explore the American West in Chaudfontaine.
- Musée de la Ville d'eaux | Spa© D. HoubrechtsSpa
Musée de la Ville d'eaux | SpaLocated in the former Villa Royale, residence of the second queen of the Belgian Marie Henriette, the Museum de la Ville d'eaux unveils the history of Spa.
- The Horse Museum in Spa© J. HertaySpa
The Horse Museum in SpaCome and discover, in Queen Marie-Henriette's former stables, a permanent exhibition on equestrian activities in Spa.
- A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near Dinant© Parc de FurfoozFurfooz
A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near DinantThe Furfooz park, in the province of Namur, invites you to discover its archaeological, geological and natural heritage. This family-friendly stroll offers lovely views on the Lesse river.
- The Aulne Abbey© WBT - S. WittenbolGozée
The Aulne AbbeyThe ruins of the Cistercian Aulne Abbey are nestled on the right bank of the Sambre, in a place beautifully called "Vallée de la Paix" or Valley of peace. The atmosphere is indeed very soothing and calls for a pleasant walk.
- Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of Tournai© visittournaiTournai
Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of TournaiLe Couloir du Temps, a multimedia spectacle now screened at the Tourist Office, presents the 2,000 years of history in the town of tournai in just 20 minutes.
- Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La Reid© WBT - O. LegardienTheux
Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La ReidForestia, in La Reid (Haute Fagne), is fully dedicated to nature. Its green setting, wildlife park, adventure trails make it the perfect place for a day out with friends and family.
- The Spin cablepark: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Pascal PiersonFroidchapelle
The Spin cablepark: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakesThe Spin Cablepark is a waterski lift on a lake instead of a mountain: perfect to enjoy nautical sports and wakeboarding! Go on - dive in...
- Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakes© WBT - David SamynBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakesCome and have fun at Natura Park, a tree top adventure set in a forest near the Eau d'Heure lakes. Fully set in nature, it will delight the whole family with its many activities.
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- Les Thermes de Spa, a wellness break in the province of Liège© Thermes de Spa - Fabrice DebattySpa
Les Thermes de Spa, a wellness break in the province of LiègeCome and relax in the Thermes de Spa, a superb complex in a valley of the Belgian Ardenne.
- Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in Wallonia© WBT - David SamynBouillon
Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in WalloniaBuilt on three rock pitons overlooking the Semois river, the Bouillon Castle is a remarkable monument in the province of Luxembourg, retracing almost a thousand years of history and military architecture.
- The Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure Aquacentre© MT - Pays des Lacs - François de RibeaucourtFroidchapelle
The Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure AquacentreA wonderful idea all year round: come and enjoy a relaxing day at the new Aquacentre, a new aquatic park and Well ness centre at the Eau d'Heure lakes in Be
- Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in Cuesmes© Jean-François BerhinCuesmes
Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in CuesmesLocated near Mons, the Maison du Marais is dedicated to Vincent Van Gogh, one of the greatest painters from the 19th century.
- ReGare, interpretation centre for the local and regional heritage of Fosses-la-Vil© Pauline LinardFosses-La-Ville
ReGare, interpretation centre for the local and regional heritage of Fosses-la-VilReGare, the interpretation centre dedicated to local and regional heritage, unveils all about the folk festivals of Fosses-la-Ville!
- Gres de la Roche: the Ardennes over time© Grès de La RocheLa Roche-En-Ardenne
Gres de la Roche: the Ardennes over timeLa Roche-en-Ardenne and its Grès de la Roche museums offer a real journey through time. The reconstituted decors prove perfect to discover the traditions of yesteryear.
- The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in Binche© Musée international du Carnaval et du MasqueBinche
The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in BincheThe Musée International du Carnaval et du Masque de Binche, at the very heart of a city famous for it Carnival characters (named the Gilles), invites you to discover the region's many festivals and traditions.
- Tournai Natural History Museum and Vivarium© Visitwapi.be - Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Natural History Museum and VivariumThe Natural History Museum in Tournai, Belgium, features rich collections and a vivarium. Its 19th century setting has been wonderfully preserved.
- The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in Bastogne© Claudy RaskinBastogne
The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in BastogneThese two museums, at the very heart of Bastogne, will reveal the magic of the Ardenne traditions and culture, from the ethnographic heritage to religious craft.
- Château de Jehay | Amay© JP Rolin Province de LiegeAmay
Château de Jehay | AmayLocated in the province of Liège, the Château de Jehay offers a remarkable architecture, unique in Europe. This impressive historical building, surrounded by moats, seems to appear as if by magic as you walk past the forest.
- Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gem© Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gemTournai is best seen from its 15th century belfry, listed by UNESCO. Built on the site of the 1218 original after it burnt down, it is the oldest in Wallonia's seven belfries and the only one with outdoor viewing platforms.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© WBT - Bruno D_AlimonteWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- The Godefroid de Bouillon Archéoscope© Archéoscope Godefroid de BouillonBouillon
The Godefroid de Bouillon ArchéoscopeThe Archéoscope Godefroid de Bouillon will take you onto an incredible immersive journey: the history of the very first crusade...
- The Fort of Lantin© Fort de LantinLantin
The Fort of LantinVisitor can enjoy a fully immersive trailer retracing the 1914 bombings at the Fort of Lantin
- Château de Franchimont: a medieval fortress in Theux© B. LorquetTheux
Château de Franchimont: a medieval fortress in TheuxThe Château de Franchimont is an 11th-century medieval fortress, built on a rocky peak dominating three valleys north of the Ardennes, about 8 km from Spa.
- MUDIA, a didactic art museum in Redu© MUDIA - Vassily Kandinsky, Les arabes, 1909Redu
MUDIA, a didactic art museum in ReduMark the date in your agenda! The museum MUDIA, featuring over 300 pieces from the Renaissance to the contemporary era, will open its doors in Redu (Province of Luxembourg) in September. Be prepared to see art from a different angle in Wallonia.
- Gardens in bloom at the Château des Ducs d'Havré (near Mons)© ASBL chateau d’HavréHavré
Gardens in bloom at the Château des Ducs d'Havré (near Mons)The Château des Ducs d'Havré, near Mons, is home to splendid flower gardens, fully in bloom between June and September.
- Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-Semois© Morgane Vander LindenAlle-sur-Semois
Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-SemoisDiscover the exceptional setting of one of the last Belgian slate quarries.
- The Château d'Havré (near Mons)© Les Amis du Château d’Havré - Nicole DarvilleMons
The Château d'Havré (near Mons)The Château d'Havré is a beautiful, ancient building built just on the outskirts of Mons, in Belgium.
- Meet animals along this walk in La Ligule | Mignault© La LiguleMignault
Meet animals along this walk in La Ligule | Mignault
- The lake of Bambois and its gardens© Lac de BamboisFosses-la-Ville
The lake of Bambois and its gardensThe gardens of the Bambois lake, in Fosses-la-Ville, offer stunning green spaces. The site, listed ny Natura 2000, has much to offer: a bird observatory, boats to go fishing, discovery trails... You can even go wild swimming and enjoy 2 sandy beaches.
- The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries await© Céline DemelenneLes Hayons
The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries awaitThe Ferme des Fées (the Fairies' farm) near Bouillon invites you to discover a world of legends, a journey to the 19th century Ardenne.
- Maison de la Science | Liège© Maison de la ScienceLiège
Maison de la Science | LiègeThe Maison de la Science is the perfect place for those who love science and want to share it with their children. Expert science facilitators, interactive and surprising activities, educational workshops, artefacts from the university's collection...
- TAMAT: Tournai contemporary centre for textile arts© TAMATTournai
TAMAT: Tournai contemporary centre for textile artsThe historic town of Tournai is home to TAMAT, the Centre for Tapestry, Wall Arts and Textile Arts of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
- The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-Pont© Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-AmblèveComblain-Au-Pont
The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-PontHoused in an old presbytery dating from the 17th century, the Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève, invites visitors on a fascinating journey in the history of man, from Prehistoric times to today.
- Dock 79, a leisure park near Mons© Dock 79Tertre
Dock 79, a leisure park near MonsDock 79, nestled in a beautiful, natural setting, offers a wonderful choice of outdoor activities. This leisure park is ideal for a family day out.
- The Strawberry Museum and the little fruit orchard© WBT-Bernard BoccaraWépion
The Strawberry Museum and the little fruit orchardOnce you have tried the delicious Wépion strawberries, make sure to visit this museum, an absolute must see to better understand the local terroir.
- MAISON DE L'EAU© Musée AqualaineVerviers
MAISON DE L'EAUSituated in the former Bonvoisin textile factory, the last existing proto-factory, the interpretive centre all about water is interactive and dynamic ...
- Andenne's Ceramics Museum© FTLB - P. WillemsAndenne
Andenne's Ceramics MuseumThe Andenne ceramics museum invites you to discover the history of ceramics. Period pieces, a firing oven and a workshop animates the visit ....
- Ice Mountain: ski all year on real snow in Adventure Park Comines© AdobeStockComines
Ice Mountain: ski all year on real snow in Adventure Park CominesAt the crossroads between Flanders, Wallonia and France, Ice Mountain is the perfect place for all snow related sport lovers.
- La Grange aux Potiers> the Dubois pottery and its museum (Bouffioulx)© LDV ProductionBouffioulx
La Grange aux Potiers> the Dubois pottery and its museum (Bouffioulx)Nestled in a farm, at the heart of the village of Bouffioulx,the Dubois pottery reveals to visitors the skills of creating glazed pieces from the local sandstone (internationally famous), an art which started in medieval times in this region andis still kept alive.
- Discover Thuin and its boat making history at the Thudo Ecomuseum© MT - Pays des LacsThuin
Discover Thuin and its boat making history at the Thudo EcomuseumThuin, once a boatmen's town, reveals part of its history to visitors. Step on board this narrowboat-museum, anchored by the Quai de Sambre and discover what the daily waterway life used to be like in the region.
- Musée de la vie d'autrefois et du Tarare in Racour© Eddy KruytLincent
Musée de la vie d'autrefois et du Tarare in Racour
- Poilvache medieval ruins© Christian GenardYvoir
Poilvache medieval ruinsLocated just a few kilometres from Dinant, the Poilvache ruins overlook the Meuse river and the charming village of Houx. These remains, which date from the 13th and 15th century, are well worth stopping by and are listed as exceptional cultural heritage of Wallonia.
- Arlon's Archaeological Museum© FTLB - P. WillemsArlon
Arlon's Archaeological MuseumThis Archaeological Museum features a Gallo Roman section made quite unique by its Galleria Lapidaria. Add 425 sculpture from funerary monuments and civilian buildings: quite a fascinating journey through time...
- The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museums© WBT - J.P.RemySaint-Hubert
The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museumsThe Fourneau Saint-Michel estate, nestled in the Saint Hubert forest, is home to 2 exceptional sites: the Museum of Country Life and the Iron Museum.
- The Gaspar Museum, Arlon© Musée GasparArlon
The Gaspar Museum, Arlon
- Puppet Museum© Jan D'HondtTournai
Puppet MuseumThe Puppet Centre of Tournai invites you to discover the art of puppetry in all its forms ....
- Page 1