Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Attraction & type of activity
- The Aulne Abbey© WBT - S. WittenbolGozée
The Aulne AbbeyThe ruins of the Cistercian Aulne Abbey are nestled on the right bank of the Sambre, in a place beautifully called "Vallée de la Paix" or Valley of peace. The atmosphere is indeed very soothing and calls for a pleasant walk.
- Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of Tournai© visittournaiTournai
Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of TournaiLe Couloir du Temps, a multimedia spectacle now screened at the Tourist Office, presents the 2,000 years of history in the town of tournai in just 20 minutes.
- Western-City: the American West at the heart of the Ardenne© Western-CityChaudfontaine
Western-City: the American West at the heart of the ArdenneCowboys, Indians, Sheriff, saloon: get ready to explore the American West in Chaudfontaine.
- The belfry of Thuin, listed by UNESCO© WBT - David SamynThuin
The belfry of Thuin, listed by UNESCOListed by UNESCO for its remarkable VIIth century architecture, the belfry of Thuin, guarantees a stunning panorama of the region. Visitors get the opportun
- The former Tellin foundry, which produced thousands of bells© Tellin-Fonderie ASBLTellin
The former Tellin foundry, which produced thousands of bellsThe Tellin foundry was the very last one in Belgium to make bells. Guided tours of the site, listed as industrial cultural heritage, present the lost wax technique used at the time, the bridge crane and the reverberatory furnace.
- The Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure Aquacentre© MT - Pays des Lacs - François de RibeaucourtFroidchapelle
The Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure AquacentreA wonderful idea all year round: come and enjoy a relaxing day at the new Aquacentre, a new aquatic park and Well ness centre at the Eau d'Heure lakes in Be
- Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in Wallonia© WBT - David SamynBouillon
Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in WalloniaBuilt on three rock pitons overlooking the Semois river, the Bouillon Castle is a remarkable monument in the province of Luxembourg, retracing almost a thousand years of history and military architecture.
- Musée de la Ville d'eaux | Spa© D. HoubrechtsSpa
Musée de la Ville d'eaux | SpaLocated in the former Villa Royale, residence of the second queen of the Belgian Marie Henriette, the Museum de la Ville d'eaux unveils the history of Spa.
- Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in Cuesmes© Jean-François BerhinCuesmes
Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in CuesmesLocated near Mons, the Maison du Marais is dedicated to Vincent Van Gogh, one of the greatest painters from the 19th century.
- The Horse Museum in Spa© J. HertaySpa
The Horse Museum in SpaCome and discover, in Queen Marie-Henriette's former stables, a permanent exhibition on equestrian activities in Spa.
- Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakes© WBT - David SamynBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakesCome and have fun at Natura Park, a tree top adventure set in a forest near the Eau d'Heure lakes. Fully set in nature, it will delight the whole family with its many activities.
- The Spin cablepark: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Pascal PiersonBoussu-lez-Walcourt
The Spin cablepark: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakesThe Spin Cablepark is a waterski lift on a lake instead of a mountain: perfect to enjoy nautical sports and wakeboarding! Go on - dive in...
- The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in Binche© Musée international du Carnaval et du MasqueBinche
The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in BincheThe Musée International du Carnaval et du Masque de Binche, at the very heart of a city famous for it Carnival characters (named the Gilles), invites you to discover the region's many festivals and traditions.
- Tournai Natural History Museum and Vivarium© Visitwapi.be - Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Natural History Museum and VivariumThe Natural History Museum in Tournai, Belgium, features rich collections and a vivarium. Its 19th century setting has been wonderfully preserved.
- The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in Bastogne© Claudy RaskinBastogne
The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in BastogneThese two museums, at the very heart of Bastogne, will reveal the magic of the Ardenne traditions and culture, from the ethnographic heritage to religious craft.
- Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gem© Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gemTournai is best seen from its 15th century belfry, listed by UNESCO. Built on the site of the 1218 original after it burnt down, it is the oldest in Wallonia's seven belfries and the only one with outdoor viewing platforms.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© WBT - Bruno D_AlimonteWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- The Godefroid de Bouillon Archéoscope© Archéoscope Godefroid de BouillonBouillon
The Godefroid de Bouillon ArchéoscopeThe Archéoscope Godefroid de Bouillon will take you onto an incredible immersive journey: the history of the very first crusade...
- A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near Dinant© Parc de FurfoozFurfooz
A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near DinantThe Furfooz park, in the province of Namur, invites you to discover its archaeological, geological and natural heritage. This family-friendly stroll offers lovely views on the Lesse river.
- The Fort of Lantin© Fort de LantinLantin
The Fort of LantinVisitor can enjoy a fully immersive trailer retracing the 1914 bombings at the Fort of Lantin
- Château de Franchimont: a medieval fortress in Theux© B. LorquetTheux
Château de Franchimont: a medieval fortress in TheuxThe Château de Franchimont is an 11th-century medieval fortress, built on a rocky peak dominating three valleys north of the Ardennes, about 8 km from Spa.
- Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La Reid© WBT - O. LegardienTheux
Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La ReidForestia, in La Reid (Haute Fagne), is fully dedicated to nature. Its green setting, wildlife park, adventure trails make it the perfect place for a day out with friends and family.
- TAMAT: the contemporary centre for textile arts© TAMATTournai
TAMAT: the contemporary centre for textile artsThe historic town of Tournai is home to TAMAT, the Centre for Tapestry, Wall Arts and Textile Arts of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
- The Strawberry Museum and the little fruit orchard© WBT-Bernard BoccaraWépion
The Strawberry Museum and the little fruit orchardOnce you have tried the delicious Wépion strawberries, make sure to visit this museum, an absolute must see to better understand the local terroir.
- Musée de la vie d'autrefois et du Tarare in Racour© Eddy KruytLincent
Musée de la vie d'autrefois et du Tarare in Racour
- Arlon's Archaeological Museum© FTLB - P. WillemsArlon
Arlon's Archaeological MuseumThis Archaeological Museum features a Gallo Roman section made quite unique by its Galleria Lapidaria. Add 425 sculpture from funerary monuments and civilian buildings: quite a fascinating journey through time...
- The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museums© WBT - J.P.RemySaint-Hubert
The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museumsThe Fourneau Saint-Michel estate, nestled in the Saint Hubert forest, is home to 2 exceptional sites: the Museum of Country Life and the Iron Museum.
- The Gaspar Museum, Arlon© Musée GasparArlon
The Gaspar Museum, Arlon
- The lake of Bambois and its gardens© Lac de BamboisFosses-la-Ville
The lake of Bambois and its gardensThe gardens of the Bambois lake, in Fosses-la-Ville, offer stunning green spaces. The site, listed ny Natura 2000, has much to offer: a bird observatory, boats to go fishing, discovery trails... You can even go wild swimming and enjoy 2 sandy beaches.
- Puppet Museum© Jan D'HondtTournai
Puppet MuseumThe Puppet Centre of Tournai invites you to discover the art of puppetry in all its forms ....
- Namur Museum of Ancient Arts & Oignies Treasure© G FocantNamur
Namur Museum of Ancient Arts & Oignies TreasureLocated in a listed 18th century patrician hotel, the museum displays works of art from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance from the Namur region.
- The Maison du Pays de Salm in Vielsalm reveals the story of the Macralles© maison du pays de SalmVielsalm
The Maison du Pays de Salm in Vielsalm reveals the story of the MacrallesThe Maison du Pays de Salm presents the history, geology and folklore of Vielsalm. Visitors will learn of the famous Counts of Salm, the mysterious Macralles, the fascinating galleries of schist and The Coticule museum or the fascinating history of whetstones.
- Maison de la Science | Liège© Maison de la ScienceLiège
Maison de la Science | LiègeThe Maison de la Science is the perfect place for those who love science and want to share it with their children. Expert science facilitators, interactive and surprising activities, educational workshops, artefacts from the university's collection...
- Let an owl be your guide through the Maison du Pays des Collines de Comines© visitwapi - Jan D'HondtEllezelles
Let an owl be your guide through the Maison du Pays des Collines de CominesCome to the Maison du Pays des Collines in Ellezelles: an unexpected world filled with witches, devils, legends and folkloric tales.
- The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries await© Céline DemelenneLes Hayons
The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries awaitThe Ferme des Fées (the Fairies' farm) near Bouillon invites you to discover a world of legends, a journey to the 19th century Ardenne.