We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visit© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteChimay
Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visitThis superb castle, more than a 1,000 years old, is near the Scourmont abbey which makes the Trappist Chimay beer.
- The Aisne Tourist Tram (TTA)© WBT - J.P. RemyErezée
The Aisne Tourist Tram (TTA)The TTA - the Aisne Tourist Tram - runs along part of a former railway road in the Ardennes.
- Western-City: the American West at the heart of the Ardenne© Western-CityChaudfontaine
Western-City: the American West at the heart of the ArdenneCowboys, Indians, Sheriff, saloon: get ready to explore the American West in Chaudfontaine.
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and family© Belpark SAWavre
Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and familyOne of the most famous theme parks in Belgium! Their mascot, a kangaroo, welcomes families at the entrance to guide them through the many attractions. A new area, Exotic world, has opened this year.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- RIVEO's minigolf, set in splendid gardens© K.SpruitHotton
RIVEO's minigolf, set in splendid gardensTry minigolf with a twist at RIVEO. This 18 hole course, set in a peaceful setting, takes visitors through 5 different gardens.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museum© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museumThe Guillaume Apollinaire museum retraces the stay of the poet in the region.
- The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovation© SPW - Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantHornu
The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovationTake a former coal mine, get it listed by UNESCO as World Heritage and you get the CID of the Grand Hornu: an innovation and design centre, featuring temporary exhibitions on design, applied art and contemporary art.
- The Spin cablepark: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Pascal PiersonFroidchapelle
The Spin cablepark: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakesThe Spin Cablepark is a waterski lift on a lake instead of a mountain: perfect to enjoy nautical sports and wakeboarding! Go on - dive in...
- Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in Ardenne© C.T.La Roche-en-Ardenne
Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in ArdenneLe Parc à gibier de La Roche is a wonderful opportunity to discover the animals - cute or impressive - living in the Ardenne forest. The perfect family day out!
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- The History Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy and the Espace Wibald© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
The History Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy and the Espace WibaldThe Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy offers a modern, clever, fascinating itinerary through the galleries presenting the story of the region.
- Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakes© WBT - David SamynBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakesCome and have fun at Natura Park, a tree top adventure set in a forest near the Eau d'Heure lakes. Fully set in nature, it will delight the whole family with its many activities.
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- ArtHouse: admire masterpieces by great artists of the 20th century in Chaudfontaine© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
ArtHouse: admire masterpieces by great artists of the 20th century in ChaudfontaineThis incredible museum features in its permanent collections work by the greatest artists of the last century: Magritte, Picasso, Matisse, Warhol, Folon are only a few of the master painters to admire there. This cultural space is family friendly and a wonderful place to introduce younger generations to modern art. Mak
- Spirale: Natoye Centre for Arts and Crafts© La SpiraleNatoye
Spirale: Natoye Centre for Arts and CraftsThis unique art centre presents all along the year, the work of 30 local artists and artisans working wood, metal clay, stone... as well as exhibitions on a wide variety of themes.
- The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through time© Musée des Celtes-LibramontLibramont
The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through timeTravel back to a distant past, to Celtic time. The Musée des Celtes de Libramont will teach you about their daily life, beliefs and society structure through the rich archaeological heritage they left behind: dishes, tools, jewels... Conclude your journey with a didactic walk through the Bonance forest reserve.
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayStrépy-Bracquegnies
The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du CentreSituated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
- The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in Hamoir© The Outsider ArdennesHamoir
The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in HamoirThe Outsider Ardennes invites you to join their various sites in the Ourthe Valley (Hamoir, Comblain-Fairon, Comblain-la-Tour et Comblain-au-Pont) and try one of the many activities on offer.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- Centre d'Interprétation de la Chauve-Souris: an interpretative centre dedicated to bats in Comblain-au-Pont© Asbl Les découvertes de ComblainComblain-au-Pont
Centre d'Interprétation de la Chauve-Souris: an interpretative centre dedicated to bats in Comblain-au-PontThis interpretative centre, dedicated to bats, offers an interesting angle on the former quarries of Geromont: a Natura 2000 site in the Ourthe valley.
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.
- The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in Wallonia© WBT - S. WittenbolThieu
The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in WalloniaLocated on the Canal du Centre, the Strépy-Thieu funicular lift is the largest boat lift and its 73.15 metres incline is the largest in the world. An absolute must see if you are travelling through the Hainaut region.
- Museum of Photography | Charleroi© WBT - Denis ErroyauxMont-sur-Marchienne
Museum of Photography | CharleroiThe Museum of Photography in Charleroi is the most important photography museum in Europe. It features permanent and temporary exhibitions.
- Maredsous abbey: cheese and beer of character© Abbaye de Maredsous asblDenée
Maredsous abbey: cheese and beer of characterThe Maredsous Abbey, in the Molignée valley, is one of the most beautiful ones in Belgium. Make the most of your visit to admire the architecture of the monastery and taste the famous cheese and beer made on site.
- Malmundarium, a must see historical visit in Malmedy© SI MalmedyMalmedy
Malmundarium, a must see historical visit in MalmedyThe Malmundarium, a former Benedictine monastery, is a space dedicated to memory, art, history and culture in the Cantons de l'Est region.
- BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia© WBT - Denis ErroyauxCharleroi
BPS22, one of the largest art museums in WalloniaThe BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia, stands out with its stunning architecture: an industrial glass and iron casing, built in 1911. Its fascinating program of exhibitions and activities make it an iconic stop for all culture lovers in Charleroi.
- Maison Léon Losseau: an Art Nouveau gem in Mons© Fondation Losseau - photo WBT - J.P. RemyMons
Maison Léon Losseau: an Art Nouveau gem in MonsPassing through Mons? Be sure to visit the Maison Losseau, a jewel of Art Nouveau architecture located in the heart of the Doudou's city.
- L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is made© Espace ChimayBourlers
L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is madeL'Espace Chimay, dedicated to Chimay cheese and beer, presents the Chimay Experience, an interactive visit of the brewery. To be consumed with no moderation!
- ReGare, interpretation centre for the local and regional heritage of Fosses-la-Vil© Pauline LinardFosses-La-Ville
ReGare, interpretation centre for the local and regional heritage of Fosses-la-VilReGare, the interpretation centre dedicated to local and regional heritage, unveils all about the folk festivals of Fosses-la-Ville!
- Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's time© PréhistomuseumFlémalle
Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's timeImagination is the wonder of children. In Wallonia, they can embody different personas on their travel adventures and transport the adults with them... At Prehistomuseum Adventure Park in Ramioul, you can channel your inner Flintstone as you try your hand at spar throwing or get comfortable in a cave. It's a place to m
- Musée Royal de Mariemont | Morlanwelz© Musée royal de MariemontMorlanwez
Musée Royal de Mariemont | MorlanwelzOpened since 1975, set in a splendid park, the Musée royal de Mariemont features collections gathered by its founder Raoul Waroqué.
- The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)The museum, located in the Stavelot Abbey’s magnificent vaulted cellars, presents the prestigious history the Spa-Francorchamps racetrack, one of the most beautiful circuit in the world.
- Musée du Malgré-Tout & Prehistoric park in Treignes© OTVTreignes
Musée du Malgré-Tout & Prehistoric park in TreignesTravel through time thanks to archaeological artefacts found in the region, from Neanderthal to Gallo Roman times... The Musée du Malgré Tout, in Treignes, is sure to wow you.
- Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)© Bernard JacqminComblain-au-Pont
Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)The Grotte de Comblain, listed as an underground cavity of scientific interest, can be found in the Liège province, on the hills of the Comblain-au-Pont vil
- Ruins of La Roche-en-Ardenne castle© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Ruins of La Roche-en-Ardenne castleOverlooking the city and the Ourthe river, at the very heart of nature, this IXth century castle makes La Roche the gem of the Ardenne and the Luxembourg province. A wonderful journey to medieval times awaits...
- Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near Liège© SPW SGO4 - G. FocantBlegny
Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near LiègeLocated east of Liège, this site is one of the four authentic coal mines left in Europe, all listed by UNESCO. Put your jacket and helmet on: the guided tour will take you through galleries 30 to 60 m underground!
- The Claire-Fontaine leisure centre in Godarville© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChapelle-lez-Herlaimont
The Claire-Fontaine leisure centre in GodarvilleThe Domaine de la Claire-Fontaine in Godarville has activities for the whole family. Swimming, adventures, sport, fishing but also relaxing ones...
- The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)© FT Province de NamurTreignes
The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)The Espace Arthur Masson, dedicated to the Belgian writer Arthur Masson, proposes an original visit in the heart of the superb Viroin valley in Belgium
- Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La Hulpe© WBT - J.P. RemyLa Hulpe
Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La HulpeBelgian artist Folon presents over 500 art works in the the Castle of La Hulpe's farm, just 20 minutes from Brussels,
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- Hélécine estate | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Hélécine estate | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- Page 1