We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.
- Domain des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Domain des Grottes de HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museum© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museumThe Guillaume Apollinaire museum retraces the stay of the poet in the region.
- The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovation© SPW - Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantHornu
The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovationTake a former coal mine, get it listed by UNESCO as World Heritage and you get the CID of the Grand Hornu: an innovation and design centre, featuring temporary exhibitions on design, applied art and contemporary art.
- The Han Wildlife Reserve© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Han Wildlife ReserveVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)© Patrick ChristodouleasLiège
Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)Liège's Public Transport Museum invites you to (re)discover the vehicles of the past. A real journey through time!
- The Musée de la Vie wallonne (Liège), a museum dedicated to life as it used to be in Wallonia© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The Musée de la Vie wallonne (Liège), a museum dedicated to life as it used to be in WalloniaThe Musée de la vie wallonne, in the heart of Liège, presents the history and lives of Wallonia from the 19th century to the present days.
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- River cruises on the Meuse with Dinant Evasion© Dinant EvasionDinant
River cruises on the Meuse with Dinant EvasionFancy discovering the Haute-Meuse differently? Dinant Evasion offers a choice of 2 cruises on the river, starting from Dinant.
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- ArtHouse: admire masterpieces by great artists of the 20th century in Chaudfontaine© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
ArtHouse: admire masterpieces by great artists of the 20th century in ChaudfontaineThis incredible museum features in its permanent collections work by the greatest artists of the last century: Magritte, Picasso, Matisse, Warhol, Folon are only a few of the master painters to admire there. This cultural space is family friendly and a wonderful place to introduce younger generations to modern art. Mak
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- The Musée de la Vie Rurale: a museum dedicated to yesteryear and traditions in Huissignies© WBT - Olivier LegardienHuissignies (Chièvres)
The Musée de la Vie Rurale: a museum dedicated to yesteryear and traditions in HuissigniesIn this museum, located in the province of Hainaut, time seems to have stopped.
- The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)© Claire HalleuxSpa
The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)The Forest and Waters Museum, nestled in the Domaine de Bérinzenne in Spa, reveals the many secrets of the fauna and flora of the Fagnes.
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in Wallonia© WBT - S. WittenbolThieu
The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in WalloniaLocated on the Canal du Centre, the Strépy-Thieu funicular lift is the largest boat lift and its 73.15 metres incline is the largest in the world. An absolute must see if you are travelling through the Hainaut region.
- The Grand Curtius: a fascinating museum complex in Liège© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The Grand Curtius: a fascinating museum complex in LiègeThe Grand Curtius celebrates the link between object and society. Built between the 17th and 21st century, fully renovated, it offers a fascinating visit to all those wishing to learn more about Liège's history. This museum organises many exhibitions throughout the year.
- L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museum© JP BougnetOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museumLocated Place des Sciences, Louvain-la-Neuve's university museum or L Museum, invites you to discover its rich interdisciplinary collections. This new cultural and art space has found its home in the former Science and Technology Library, at the very heart of the student district.
- The Collegiate Church of St Gertrude and its impressive jacquemart© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNivelles
The Collegiate Church of St Gertrude and its impressive jacquemartThe jacquemart (an animated mechanised figure which strikes the hours on a bell with a hammer) of the Sainte-Gertrude collegiate church in Nivelle is one of 3 in Wallonia.
- Maison du Parc-Botrange© Parc naturel HF-E ASBLWaimes
Maison du Parc-BotrangeLocated on the highest site of the country, between the Fagnes plain and forest crossed by mountain streams, the Maison du Parc-Botrange welcome visitors in their quest to reconnect with outdoors activities and discover the largest Nature reserve in Belgium.
- The Musée de la Boverie: fine arts and exhibitions in Liège© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLiège
The Musée de la Boverie: fine arts and exhibitions in LiègeVisit La Boverie, an iconic cultural site in Liège: both an art museum and an international exhibition space.
- The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware Museum© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe
The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware MuseumThe Château de Seneffe estate and its Museum feature one of Belgium's most important silverware collections.
- BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia© WBT - Denis ErroyauxCharleroi
BPS22, one of the largest art museums in WalloniaThe BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia, stands out with its stunning architecture: an industrial glass and iron casing, built in 1911. Its fascinating program of exhibitions and activities make it an iconic stop for all culture lovers in Charleroi.
- Maison Léon Losseau: an Art Nouveau gem in Mons© Fondation Losseau - photo WBT - J.P. RemyMons
Maison Léon Losseau: an Art Nouveau gem in MonsPassing through Mons? Be sure to visit the Maison Losseau, a jewel of Art Nouveau architecture located in the heart of the Doudou's city.
- The Arthothèque: discover the life of museums backstage© ArtothèqueMons
The Arthothèque: discover the life of museums backstageThe Arthothèque reveals the hidden life of no less than 50,000 artworks, their renovations, the way they are stored and protected when not on show to the public.
- L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is made© Espace ChimayBourlers
L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is madeL'Espace Chimay, dedicated to Chimay cheese and beer, presents the Chimay Experience, an interactive visit of the brewery. To be consumed with no moderation!
- Musée de l'Industrie, Bois du Cazier© WBT - J.P. RemyCharleroi
Musée de l'Industrie, Bois du CazierThe Musée de l'Industrie, in the Bois du Cazier, South of Charleroi, takes you back to the industrial revolution era.
- The Glass Museum at the Bois du Cazier© Ville de CharleroiMarcinelle
The Glass Museum at the Bois du CazierThe Glass Museum, at the Bois du Cazier in Marcinelle, retraces five thousand years of art, history and technology.
- Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's time© PréhistomuseumFlémalle
Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's timeImagination is the wonder of children. In Wallonia, they can embody different personas on their travel adventures and transport the adults with them... At Prehistomuseum Adventure Park in Ramioul, you can channel your inner Flintstone as you try your hand at spar throwing or get comfortable in a cave. It's a place to m
- Musée Royal de Mariemont | Morlanwelz© Musée royal de MariemontMorlanwez
Musée Royal de Mariemont | MorlanwelzOpened since 1975, set in a splendid park, the Musée royal de Mariemont features collections gathered by its founder Raoul Waroqué.
- The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in Binche© Musée international du Carnaval et du MasqueBinche
The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in BincheThe Musée International du Carnaval et du Masque de Binche, at the very heart of a city famous for it Carnival characters (named the Gilles), invites you to discover the region's many festivals and traditions.
- The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)The museum, located in the Stavelot Abbey’s magnificent vaulted cellars, presents the prestigious history the Spa-Francorchamps racetrack, one of the most beautiful circuit in the world.
- The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in Bastogne© Claudy RaskinBastogne
The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in BastogneThese two museums, at the very heart of Bastogne, will reveal the magic of the Ardenne traditions and culture, from the ethnographic heritage to religious craft.
- The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vessels© Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)Ath
The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vesselsThe boats and archaeological artefacts presented at the Espace Gallo-romain are the results of an exceptional discovery made in Pommeroeul in 1975. Join us on a journey through time to learn more about the Romans in Ath.
- The Parc des Topiaires, a fascinating topiary garden in Durbuy© Atelier Environnement ASBLDurbuy
The Parc des Topiaires, a fascinating topiary garden in DurbuyThe largest topiary garden open to the public can be found in Durbuy, the smallest town in the world.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- Liège Archeoforum: an archaeological museum featuring fascinating remains© IPWLiège
Liège Archeoforum: an archaeological museum featuring fascinating remainsLiège's Archaeoforum is an exceptional archaeological site located in the city centre, right under the Place Saint-Lambert.
- The Brasserie des Fagnes in Mariembourg© Brasserie des FagnesMariembourg
The Brasserie des Fagnes in MariembourgStep into the Brasserie des Fagnes de Mariembourg and discover the art of brewing the Super des Fagnes: the visit is free.
- Water and Fountain Museum | Ottignies© Musée de l'Eau et de la FontaineOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
Water and Fountain Museum | OttigniesThe Water and Fountain museum, in the Domaine provincial du Bois des Rêves (Ottignies), offers a fantastic outdoor experience. Following your guide, you will learn about the local legends inspired by ponds, rivers, lakes... and much more.
- Lake Gileppe Dam© Barrage du lac de la GileppeJalhay
Lake Gileppe DamLooking for a unique day out? Come and see the lake Gileppe dam, a masterpiece of structural engineering. Nature, leisure: there is much to do!
- The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-Pont© Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-AmblèveComblain-Au-Pont
The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-PontHoused in an old presbytery dating from the 17th century, the Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève, invites visitors on a fascinating journey in the history of man, from Prehistoric times to today.
- Harzé castle and its Milling and Baking Museum© Steve CollinHarzé
Harzé castle and its Milling and Baking MuseumThe Milling and Bakery Museum will take you through the extraordinary adventure of harvesting grain, processing flour with old mills and bread making.
- Page 1