Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
- Maison Léon Losseau: an Art Nouveau gem in Mons© Fondation Losseau - photo WBT - J.P. RemyMons
Maison Léon Losseau: an Art Nouveau gem in MonsPassing through Mons? Be sure to visit the Maison Losseau, a jewel of Art Nouveau architecture located in the heart of the Doudou's city.
- La Spirale: Natoye Centre for Arts and Crafts© La SpiraleNatoye
La Spirale: Natoye Centre for Arts and CraftsThis unique art centre presents all along the year, the work of 30 local artists and artisans working wood, metal clay, stone... as well as exhibitions on a wide variety of themes.
- Comblain-au-Pont bats interpretative centre© Asbl Les découvertes de ComblainComblain-au-Pont
Comblain-au-Pont bats interpretative centreThis interpretative centre, dedicated to bats, offers an interesting angle on the former quarries of Geromont: a Natura 2000 site in the Ourthe valley.
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through time© Musée des CeltesLibramont
The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through timeTravel back to a distant past, to Celtic time. The Musée des Celtes de Libramont will teach you about their daily life, beliefs and society structure through the rich archaeological heritage they left behind: dishes, tools, jewels... Conclude your journey with a didactic walk through the Bonance forest reserve.
- ArtHouse: masterpieces by 20th century artists in Chaudfontaine© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
ArtHouse: masterpieces by 20th century artists in ChaudfontaineThis incredible museum features in its permanent collections work by the greatest artists of the last century: Magritte, Picasso, Matisse, Warhol, Folon are only a few of the master painters to admire there. This cultural space is family friendly and a wonderful place to introduce younger generations to modern art.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in Ardenne© S.I. La Roche-en-ArdenneLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in ArdenneLe Parc à gibier de La Roche is a wonderful opportunity to discover the animals - cute or impressive - living in the Ardenne forest. The perfect family day out!
- BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia© WBT - Denis ErroyauxCharleroi
BPS22, one of the largest art museums in WalloniaThe BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia, stands out with its stunning architecture: an industrial glass and iron casing, built in 1911. Its fascinating program of exhibitions and activities make it an iconic stop for all culture lovers in Charleroi.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)The museum, located in the Stavelot Abbey’s magnificent vaulted cellars, presents the prestigious history the Spa-Francorchamps racetrack, one of the most beautiful circuit in the world.
- Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakes© WBT - David SamynBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakesCome and have fun at Natura Park, a tree top adventure set in a forest near the Eau d'Heure lakes. Fully set in nature, it will delight the whole family with its many activities.
- Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's time© PréhistomuseumFlémalle
Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's timeImagination is the wonder of children. In Wallonia, they can embody different personas on their travel adventures and transport the adults with them... At Prehistomuseum Adventure Park in Ramioul, you can channel your inner Flintstone as you try your hand at spar throwing or get comfortable in a cave. It's a place to m
- Wildtrails Basecamp in Jupille-sur-Ourthe: water sports and adventures© Wildtrails - Frank DescampsRendeux
Wildtrails Basecamp in Jupille-sur-Ourthe: water sports and adventuresFun, comfortable, stable, 100 ecological: quad bikes are all-terrain vehicles on four wheels accessible to all. Perfect for an outdoor adventure with friends, colleagues or family.
- Musée Royal de Mariemont | Morlanwelz© Musée royal de MariemontMorlanwez
Musée Royal de Mariemont | MorlanwelzOpened since 1975, set in a splendid park, the Musée royal de Mariemont features collections gathered by its founder Raoul Waroqué.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© Geopark Famenne ArdenneWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- The History Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy and the Espace Wibald© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
The History Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy and the Espace WibaldThe Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy offers a modern, clever, fascinating itinerary through the galleries presenting the story of the region.
- ReGare, Fosse la Ville interpretation centre© Pauline LinardFosses-La-Ville
ReGare, Fosse la Ville interpretation centreReGare, the interpretation centre dedicated to local and regional heritage, unveils all about the folk festivals of Fosses-la-Ville!
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- Aventure Parc Wavre: tree top adventures near Brussels© Aventure ParcWavre
Aventure Parc Wavre: tree top adventures near BrusselsThis Adventure Park in Wavre is all about high in the sky adrenalin in the heart of nature - with a little help from mankind. 40 zip wires, including a 250 m long one, have no place for scaredy cats but if you take the leap, it's absolutely thrilling. Zipping on high wires like flying monkeys and enjoying jumps with in
- The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the Ourthe© Domaine de PalogneVieuxville
The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the OurtheThe Domaine de Palogne invites you to discover its enchanting setting where nature, history and relaxation meet.
- Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La Hulpe© WBT - J.P. RemyLa Hulpe
Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La HulpeBelgian artist Folon presents over 500 art works in the the Castle of La Hulpe's farm, just 20 minutes from Brussels,
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- Le CID au Grand-Hornu | Centre d'Innovation et de Design© SPW - Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantHornu
Le CID au Grand-Hornu | Centre d'Innovation et de DesignTake a former coal mine, get it listed by UNESCO as World Heritage and you get the CID of the Grand Hornu: an innovation and design centre, featuring temporary exhibitions on design, applied art and contemporary art.
- The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)© FT Province de NamurTreignes
The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)The Espace Arthur Masson, dedicated to the Belgian writer Arthur Masson, proposes an original visit in the heart of the superb Viroin valley in Belgium
- Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La Reid© WBT - O. LegardienTheux
Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La ReidForestia, in La Reid (Haute Fagne), is fully dedicated to nature. Its green setting, wildlife park, adventure trails make it the perfect place for a day out with friends and family.
- Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near Liège© SPW SGO4 - G. FocantBlegny
Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near LiègeLocated east of Liège, this site is one of the four authentic coal mines left in Europe, all listed by UNESCO. Put your jacket and helmet on: the guided tour will take you through galleries 30 to 60 m underground!
- L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is made© Espace ChimayBourlers
L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is madeL'Espace Chimay, dedicated to Chimay cheese and beer, presents the Chimay Experience, an interactive visit of the brewery. To be consumed with no moderation!
- Malmundarium, a must see historical visit in Malmedy© WBT - David SamynMalmedy
Malmundarium, a must see historical visit in MalmedyThe Malmundarium, a former Benedictine monastery, is a space dedicated to memory, art, history and culture in the Cantons de l'Est region.
- Electric boat rentals for cruises on the Canal du Centre© Utopix - VhelloLa Louvière
Electric boat rentals for cruises on the Canal du CentreThe Boatlifts of the Canal du Centre Historique, listed by UNESCO, are iconic sights in the Region. From the Cantine des Italiens, you can rent electric boats (no permit required!) and indulge in a journey through time.
- Musée du Malgré-Tout & Prehistoric park in Treignes© OTVTreignes
Musée du Malgré-Tout & Prehistoric park in TreignesTravel through time thanks to archaeological artefacts found in the region, from Neanderthal to Gallo Roman times... The Musée du Malgré Tout, in Treignes, is sure to wow you.
- Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museum© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museumThe Guillaume Apollinaire museum retraces the stay of the poet in the region.
- Avenature: fun nature activities in Vielsalm (Ardenne)© AvenatureVielsalm
Avenature: fun nature activities in Vielsalm (Ardenne)Avenature is a wonderful opportunity to try a variety of extraordinary adventure sports, all at the same place. The challenges found their inspiration in the local folklore and take place in nature: tree top trekking, discgolf, gauswheel, monkey climbing, western games, kayak, GPS hikes...
- Museum of Photography | Charleroi© WBT - Denis ErroyauxMont-sur-Marchienne
Museum of Photography | CharleroiThe Museum of Photography in Charleroi is the most important photography museum in Europe. It features permanent and temporary exhibitions.
- The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in Hamoir© The Outsider ArdennesHamoir
The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in HamoirThe Outsider Ardennes invites you to join their various sites in the Ourthe Valley (Hamoir, Comblain-Fairon, Comblain-la-Tour et Comblain-au-Pont) and try one of the many activities on offer.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-Pont© Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-AmblèveComblain-Au-Pont
The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-PontHoused in an old presbytery dating from the 17th century, the Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève, invites visitors on a fascinating journey in the history of man, from Prehistoric times to today.
- Parc Accrobranche Dinant Aventure: a tree top challenge© Dinant EvasionAnseremme
Parc Accrobranche Dinant Aventure: a tree top challengeThe Parc de Dinant Aventure, which overlooks the Lesse and Meuse valleys, offers thrilling adventures in a stunning natural setting.
- Paysalia: the Paysage de la Lorraine gaumaise interpretative centre© SI FlorenvilleFlorenville
Paysalia: the Paysage de la Lorraine gaumaise interpretative centreThe Paysage de la Lorraine gaumaise interpretative centre offers the chance to discover its fascinating region, rich in cultural heritage.
- The MiLL - la Louvière's Ianchelevici Museum© Nathalie HupinLa Louvière
The MiLL - la Louvière's Ianchelevici MuseumLe Mill manages the town of La Louvière's art collection, with over a thousand pieces either on show or archived. Amongst this rich cultural heritage, visitors can discover sculptures and drawings by Romanian artist Idel Ianchelevici's sculptures and drawings.
- Pays des collines Eco Museum in La Hamaide© C. CardonLahamaide
Pays des collines Eco Museum in La HamaideThe Pays des Collines Eco Museum, with its intergenerational game, are sure to delight parents and children alike...
- TAMAT: Tournai contemporary centre for textile arts© TAMATTournai
TAMAT: Tournai contemporary centre for textile artsThe historic town of Tournai is home to TAMAT, the Centre for Tapestry, Wall Arts and Textile Arts of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
- Val de Wanne in Trois-Ponts: the longest ski slopes in Belgium© WBT JP Remy MélinTrois-Ponts
Val de Wanne in Trois-Ponts: the longest ski slopes in BelgiumVal de Wanne in Trois Ponts (Wallonia) offers a fantastic range of activities... and the longest Alpine ski slope in Belgium.
- Musée de la rubanerie in Comines© MRc - O. ClynckemaillieComines
Musée de la rubanerie in CominesThe Museum of Ribbon, in the town of Comines (Belgium), traces the history of the ribbon industry since the 13th century.
- Maison de la Métallurgie et de l'Industrie de Liège© MMILLiège
Maison de la Métallurgie et de l'Industrie de LiègeDiscover the Belgian metallurgy and industrial cultural heritage in a former factory, the Maison de la Métallurgie et de l'Industrie in Liège.
- Ecopark Adventures Tournai: tree top fun and trampolines© Ecopark AdventuresTournai
Ecopark Adventures Tournai: tree top fun and trampolinesLove adventure and reconnecting with nature? Ecopark Adventures Tournai, with its 2 separate parks, guarantees thrilling memories...
- Follow in the steps of Napoleon at the Ligny Museum 1815© MTSO - Denis ClosonLigny
Follow in the steps of Napoleon at the Ligny Museum 1815Nestled between Charleroi and Namur. Ligny is a sweet, peaceful village. Little would you guess Napoleon led and won one of his greatest battles here. This is the page of history this 17th century farm, now a museum, is unrolling for you.