Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
- MUDIA, a didactic art museum in Redu© MUDIA - Vassily Kandinsky, Les arabes, 1909Redu
MUDIA, a didactic art museum in ReduMark the date in your agenda! The museum MUDIA, featuring over 300 pieces from the Renaissance to the contemporary era, will open its doors in Redu (Province of Luxembourg) in September. Be prepared to see art from a different angle in Wallonia.
- The Eau d'Heure lakes and the Plate Taille Visitor Centre© FT Province de NamurBoussu-lez-Walcourt
The Eau d'Heure lakes and the Plate Taille Visitor CentreEnjoy a guided tour of the biggest dam in Belgium and its skywalk, offering a unique 107 m high panorama.
- The P.A.R.C. | The 8 museums of the central region of Walliona gathered to make the largest museum space in Belgium© Bruno FischerLa Louvière
The P.A.R.C. | The 8 museums of the central region of Walliona gathered to make the largest museum space in BelgiumDiscover the central regional of Wallonia's cultural heritage thanks to the P.A.R.C and its 8 museums.
- CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in Erezée© WBT JP Remy MélinÉrezée
CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeOnce quite abundant in the Ourthe, salmon had in 1935 entirely disappeared from our waterways. A passionate team is now working at reintroducing the species back into our rivers. Discover this fascinating odyssey in Erezée, just 10 km from RIVEO (Hotton)
- Kayak down the Ourthe with Adventure Valley Durbuy© La Petite MerveilleDurbuy
Kayak down the Ourthe with Adventure Valley DurbuyA memorable day in the world's smallest town whether on your own, with friends of family: travel down the Ourthe on a mono or double kayak.
- Visit'Entreprise| L'atelier ÔÔ Paradis des Sens à Walcourt© ÔÔ Paradis des SensWalcourt
Visit'Entreprise| L'atelier ÔÔ Paradis des Sens à WalcourtÔÔ Paradis des Sens will awaken your senses through unexpected immersive experiences in Walcourt.
- The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)© Claire HalleuxSpa
The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)The Forest and Waters Museum, nestled in the Domaine de Bérinzenne in Spa, reveals the many secrets of the fauna and flora of the Fagnes.
- Le Siroteur | An outdoor Escape Game near Namur© Le Siroteur ASBLLa Bruyère
Le Siroteur | An outdoor Escape Game near NamurLe Siroteur has designed a Slow Tourism Escape Game, set in nature and based on real facts. Perfect to learn about the local history... In La Bruyère, near Namur.
- The museum retracing the 1815 battle... from Wellington's point of view© WBT - Bruno DalimonteWaterloo
The museum retracing the 1815 battle... from Wellington's point of viewThis museum, once an inn, served as headquarters to the Duke of Wellington the night of June 17th, 1815. Right before the famous battle of Waterloo...
- The Sainte-Waudru collegiate church© WBT - Olivier LegardienMons
The Sainte-Waudru collegiate churchThe treasury at the Saint Waudru collegiate church in Mons houses a beautiful collection of silver and gold religious icons: statues, paintings and ancient manuscripts dating from the 12th-19th centuries. The church is built in Gothic style Brabant from the 15th to the 17th centuries, with splendid alabaster statues of
- Take a stroll along the meditative path of the Villers Abbey, through the garden of scents© Abbaye de Villers asblVillers-la-Ville
Take a stroll along the meditative path of the Villers Abbey, through the garden of scentsStressed by work, worn out by routine? Find serenity off the beaten path on the Sentier méditatif de l’Abbaye, the abbey's meditative path. Panels placed along the trail invite visitors to relax and reconnect with their surroundings.
- The Grand Curtius: a fascinating museum complex in Liège© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The Grand Curtius: a fascinating museum complex in LiègeThe Grand Curtius celebrates the link between object and society. Built between the 17th and 21st century, fully renovated, it offers a fascinating visit to all those wishing to learn more about Liège's history. This museum organises many exhibitions throughout the year.
- The Lobbes-Thuin historic tramway© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Lobbes-Thuin historic tramwayThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- Modave Castle and its exceptional gardens© WBT - J.P. RemyModave
Modave Castle and its exceptional gardensThe Modave castle, listed as major cultural heritage of Wallonia, is well worth the detour. Built on a rocky hill in the province of Liège, it is said to date back to the Middle Ages.
- Bastogne War Museum: a WW2 commemorative centre© TemporaBastogne
Bastogne War Museum: a WW2 commemorative centreThis cultural centre, dedicated to the second world war, offers an incredible immersion into the Battle of the Bulge. 4 characters, civilians and soldiers, guide the visitors through the galleries, sharing their story as they go along. An interactive, modern presentation sure to wow children and adults alike.
- The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in Binche© Musée international du Carnaval et du MasqueBinche
The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in BincheThe Musée International du Carnaval et du Masque de Binche, at the very heart of a city famous for it Carnival characters (named the Gilles), invites you to discover the region's many festivals and traditions.
- Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleries© Simon SchmittNamur
The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleriesUpon inspection of the Citadel, Napoleon labelled it as “Europe’s Termite Mound” due to its extensive network of underground passages. Discover 500m of restored passages with an immersive-guided tour that will take you to the heart of the history of the Citadel’s entrails, through sound and light.
- The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo© WBT - J.P. RemyBraine-l'Alleud
The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo(Re)discover this famous page of Walloon history, straight on the battlefield which witnessed the battle on June 18th, 1815. More than a museum, this is a multi-sensorial, immersive experience. Come with friends and family and learn more about this event, a turning point in the history of Europe.
- Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of Tournai© visittournaiTournai
Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of TournaiLe Couloir du Temps, a multimedia spectacle now screened at the Tourist Office, presents the 2,000 years of history in the town of tournai in just 20 minutes.
- Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in Brugelette© WBT - David SamynBrugelette
Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in BrugeletteTaking a stroll through Pairi Daiza feels like a journey around the world... The World Garden takes transports you to every continent in turn, with the opportunity to admire animals as you walk. No wonder Pairi Daiza was voted best zoo in Europe for the past few years.
- Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La Hulpe© WBT - J.P. RemyLa Hulpe
Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La HulpeBelgian artist Folon presents over 500 art works in the the Castle of La Hulpe's farm, just 20 minutes from Brussels,
- Musée d'Ansembourg: Liège Archaeology and Decorative Arts Museum© Ville de LiègeLiège
Musée d'Ansembourg: Liège Archaeology and Decorative Arts MuseumLe Musée d'Ansenbourg is dedicated to decorative art in the 18th century. This historical location in Liège owns the largest collection of furniture and objects for that period.
- Liège Archeoforum: an archaeological museum featuring fascinating remains© IPWLiège
Liège Archeoforum: an archaeological museum featuring fascinating remainsLiège's Archaeoforum is an exceptional archaeological site located in the city centre, right under the Place Saint-Lambert.
- The Musée de la Vie wallonne (Liège), a museum dedicated to life as it used to be in Wallonia© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The Musée de la Vie wallonne (Liège), a museum dedicated to life as it used to be in WalloniaThe Musée de la vie wallonne, in the heart of Liège, presents the history and lives of Wallonia from the 19th century to the present days.
- Croco Express, the Eau d'Heure lakes touristic train© Crocodile Rouge - Jean-Francois BaeldenBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Croco Express, the Eau d'Heure lakes touristic trainCome on board the Croco Express, a sweet touristic train, to discover the region of the Eau d'Heure lakes in Belgium.
- The Lion's Mound, part of the Waterloo battlefield© WBT - J.P. RemyBraine-l'Alleud
The Lion's Mound, part of the Waterloo battlefieldThe Lion's Mound, overlooking what once was a battlefield, commemorate the Allies' victory over Napoleon's imperial trips. The beast, placed on top of this 40 metres hill, seems to be roaring towards France still.
- Minigolf 36.6 | Source O Rama (Chaudfontaine)© Benoît CoenenChaudfontaine
Minigolf 36.6 | Source O Rama (Chaudfontaine)Located in the Sources de ChaudfontainePark, Minigolf 36.6 proves perfect for memorable family days out. Its name refers to the temperature of the water at the Thermes de Chaudfontaine.
- Ardenne Aventures: fun activities in La Roche en Ardenne© Ardenne AventuresLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Ardenne Aventures: fun activities in La Roche en ArdenneKayak down the Ourthe at your own pace and enjoy being surrounded by nature. This activity can be done all year round (special equipment in winter). Choose from one or 2 seat kayaks.
- The Brasserie des Fagnes in Mariembourg© Brasserie des FagnesMariembourg
The Brasserie des Fagnes in MariembourgStep into the Brasserie des Fagnes de Mariembourg and discover the art of brewing the Super des Fagnes: the visit is free.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- The Musée du Petit Format in Nismes© Treignes - Village des MuséesNismes
The Musée du Petit Format in NismesThis tiny museum in Nismes invites art lovers to discover many facets of contemporary art through pieces from international collections.
- Museum of Photography | Charleroi© WBT - Denis ErroyauxMont-sur-Marchienne
Museum of Photography | CharleroiThe Museum of Photography in Charleroi is the most important photography museum in Europe. It features permanent and temporary exhibitions.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Tournai Natural History Museum and Vivarium© Visitwapi.be - Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Natural History Museum and VivariumThe Natural History Museum in Tournai, Belgium, features rich collections and a vivarium. Its 19th century setting has been wonderfully preserved.
- Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-Semois© RécréalleAlle-sur-Semois
Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-SemoisRécréalle is a superb leisure centre on the banks of the Semois river, 20 km from Bouillon and 40 km from Charleville (France).
- François Duesberg museum (Mons)© C. CarpentierMons
François Duesberg museum (Mons)Located in the former premises of the National Bank of Belgium, opposite the Sainte-Waudru collegiate church, this museum offers a fascinating insight in the life of French society from the reign of Louis XVI to the Restoration. Dedicated to decorative art, its collections feature quite unusual, if not rare, pieces.
- Compagnie des Croisières Mosanes, river cruises in Dinant© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
Compagnie des Croisières Mosanes, river cruises in DinantAll aboard for one of the most beautiful river cruises on the Meuse! Come and discover the Haute-Meuse region and its stunning landscapes.
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- Escape Gaume: the abbey mystery in Virton© Love & Rose’aliVirton
Escape Gaume: the abbey mystery in VirtonEnjoy an immersive experience by solving the abbey mystery: an adventure designed by Escape Gaume in Virton.
- The citadel of Namur's tourist train© FTPN - BossiroyNamur
The citadel of Namur's tourist trainNamur's tourist train will take you on a ride around the Citadel's defence walls. A fantastic way to appreciate their architecture and learn more about their history, from the Middle Ages to the present days.
- Château de Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visit© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteChimay
Château de Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visitThis superb castle, more than a 1,000 years old, is near the Scourmont abbey which makes the Trappist Chimay beer.
- The Claire-Fontaine leisure centre in Godarville© UtopixChapelle-lez-Herlaimont
The Claire-Fontaine leisure centre in GodarvilleThe Domaine de la Claire-Fontaine in Godarville has activities for the whole family. Swimming, adventures, sport, fishing but also relaxing ones...
- Viroin Ecomuseum© Gautier GuérandTreignes
Viroin EcomuseumThe Ecomusée welcome visitors at the heart of the village of Treignes, in a remarkable, listed fortified farm.
- Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gem© Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gemTournai is best seen from its 15th century belfry, listed by UNESCO. Built on the site of the 1218 original after it burnt down, it is the oldest in Wallonia's seven belfries and the only one with outdoor viewing platforms.
- The Château de Seneffe, its estate and its Silverware Museum© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe
The Château de Seneffe, its estate and its Silverware MuseumThe Château de Seneffe estate and its Museum feature one of Belgium's most important silverware collections.
- The Tournai Museum of Archeology© Jan D’hondtTournai
The Tournai Museum of ArcheologyThe Tournai Museum of Archeology presents prehistoric, Gallo-Roman and Merovingian archeology
- Maison des Géants d'Ath, une visite de taille en Wallonie© ARTHURS H - Fédération du Tourisme de la Province de HainautAth
Maison des Géants d'Ath, une visite de taille en WallonieIn November 2005, UNESCO added to its list of intangible cultural heritage the giants and fantasy figures of 9 Belgian and French cities.