In Belgium flea markets and brocantes are a national sport. Taking place all year round, they share an element of community spirit, excitement and anticipation.
Some objects sell for a song, some a small fortune. Three times a year, Ciney Puces et Salon Antiquaries hosts one of the largest flea market and antique fairs in Belgium with over 500 international exhibitors and 15,000 visitors. Ciney is also home to the The "Militaria" Stock Exchange – an exhibition/ market place of military objects taking place in April. 550 European exhibitors come selling uniforms, helmets, spare parts, medals, flags, prints, cards, books and other utensils. History buffs and Militaria collectors will be in their element.
Also worth the detour is the Temploux International Flea Market and Comic Book Festival, in August. This Wallonian flea market is one of the largest and the most famous in Belgium. Over 1,500 exhibitors set up their stalls throughout the village of Temploux.
The Spa The flea market is another favourite which sets up every Sunday in the heart of the city. It offers a beautiful selection of second hand items, documents and collectors' favorites whilst The Saint Pholien flea market has become over time recognised, as a true “Champs Elysee flea market” run both by Liegeois and other citizens of the Euro-region.
The Oldest Market in Belgium, less antique orientated, La Batte, takes place every Sunday in Liège. It’s a real institution in the Fiery City and also is the largest and oldest market in Belgium. You will find fruits, vegetables, cheese, clothes, books, plants and vintage gems in a friendly atmosphere.
The stunning , set in Nivelles' Sainte-Gertrude collegiate church, is sure to enchant you.The stalls stretch along the beautiful Grand Place, recently renovated and in the nearby pedestrian streets, offering all manner of objects and curiosities to delight treasure hunters.
If you like themed markets, do check out also the flower markets in Tournai and Mons, the artisanal market of old traditions marché 1900 Marche-en-Famenne and the book market in Nivelles. The farmers' markets in Andenne, Orgeo, Andenne, Florennes, Wavre, Auvelais, Soignies are also fun for tasting local produce...
- Celles summer brocante© Mark RossignolJuly 2021Celles
Celles summer brocante
- Spa flea market© pixeliaFrom 01 January 2021 to 24 December 2023Spa
Spa flea market
- Arlon flea market© VIVIANE 6276From 04 April 2021 to 24 July 2022Arlon
Arlon flea market
- The Saint-Pholien Flea market in Liège© Office du tourisme de LiègeFrom 18 June 2021 to 26 December 2025Liège
The Saint-Pholien Flea market in Liège
- The petites puces de Saint-Gilles: a flea market in Liège© ZucheroLiège
The petites puces de Saint-Gilles: a flea market in Liège
- Jambes flea market© meineresterampeJambes
Jambes flea market
- The Grand Pardon festivities: a summer flea market© KikosEvery year on July 21Hermalle-Sous-Huy
The Grand Pardon festivities: a summer flea market
- The Ciney flea market and antiques fair© Jackmac34July 2021Ciney
The Ciney flea market and antiques fair
- Tournai's antiques fair© bogitwAugust 2021Tournai
Tournai's antiques fair
- The Antica Namur antique fair© Bernard Vanden EyndeFrom 13 to 21 November 2021Namur
The Antica Namur antique fair
- Tilly's music-themed flea market© WBT - Olivier LegardienMay 2022Tilly
Tilly's music-themed flea market
- Brocante des remparts: a flea market in Binche© Jackmac34 / PixabayMay 2022Binche
Brocante des remparts: a flea market in Binche
- Temploux international flea market and comic book festival© jackmac 34August 2022Temploux
Temploux international flea market and comic book festival