- Folklore and Tradition
The Fête des Hurlus is quite a vibrant one: music, folkloric groups, artisans... Join the fun in Mouscron!
The traditional program
- Friday evening: lantern procession
- Saturday: folkloric groups, majorettes, artisans, musicians gather on the Grand Place, turning it into a festive market. Music (trumpets and drums) will add to the atmosphere along the weekend. There will be another procession at 4 pm.
- Sunday afternoon: A tall ladder will be brought on the Grand Place at 5.30 pm. From the very top will be thrown Hurlus, dolls representing the Lutherians who terrorised the city in the 16th century. The crowd will do their best to catch them.
The 2020 edition
This year, for obvious reasons, the celebrations will stretch on 2 days only.
- Saturday: circus workshops, duck hunt storytelling, street shows, brass band, treasure hunting and fireworks
- Sunday: animal blessing, shows, giant puppets exhibition
From Friday 01 to Sunday 03 October 2021.