- The most beautiful villages of Wallonia
This picturesque village is nestled in the ever so green Molignée valley. Its sweet houses built in limestone and listed monuments are well worth the detour.
A real gem
Look out for...
- The 18th century Church of the Nativity (a listed, beautifully restored building) and its stunning furniture
- The presbytery
- The 17th century barn where taxes used to be paid
- the former site of the Baudart Brewery
- The Haute Bise villa, designed by Victor Horta
A 2.5 km trail will guide you through the village.
The nature reserve
The Montagne de Sosoye (also known as Ranzinelle) enjoys a remarkable natural heritage. Take a stroll there to admire its rich flora and rare plants.
A gourmet treat
For a drink or a delicious meal, stop at Les Montagnards, a charming tavern/restaurant serving terroir inspired dishes.
Near the village
- Visit the Maredsous Abbey and taste ithe delicious treats made on site
- The site is crossed by the old Tamines-Dinant railway line, but all you hear nowadays is the gentle rattle of rail bikes (‘draisines’) which enable many visitors to admire the rare beauty of this valley.
- Discover the ruins of the Château de Montaigle, listed as exceptiional cultural heritage of Wallonia
Guide available/groups - FR