The university town is rich in culture with its world-famous museums and university. It is also a rejuvenating oasis of greenery.
Label, certification or network
- Kosmopolite Art Tour: a street art trail in Louvain-la-Neuve© WBT Bruno DalimonteOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve4.6 km
Kosmopolite Art Tour: a street art trail in Louvain-la-Neuve
- The VEX: Virtual Reality in Louvain-la-Neuve and Liège© The Vex - Jérémie DenisOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The VEX: Virtual Reality in Louvain-la-Neuve and LiègeAt The Vex, you get to step ito incredible VR universes... The perfect escape from reality!
- Hergé Museum | Louvain-la-Neuve© AtelierChristian dePortzamparc–Hergé-MoulinsartOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
Hergé Museum | Louvain-la-NeuveThe Hergé Museum, dedicated to Georges Remi, who created Tintin, is an absolute must stop for all comic book lovers.
- The Big Bang Route: a cycling itinerary between Louvain-la-Neuve to Leuven© Lander LoeckxOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The Big Bang Route: a cycling itinerary between Louvain-la-Neuve to LeuvenThis 75 km cycling itinerary links Louvain-la-Neuve and Leuven, 2 university towns. This route is dedicated to Georges Lemaître, who came up with the Big Bang Theory.
- L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museum© JP BougnetOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museumLocated Place des Sciences, Louvain-la-Neuve's university museum or L Museum, invites you to discover its rich interdisciplinary collections. This new cultural and art space has found its home in the former Science and Technology Library, at the very heart of the student district.
- The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university town© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university townThe lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, 7 hectares wide, was created in 1984 as a storm basin and fishing pond. A path invites visitors to walk around it.
- Louvain-La-Neuve Golf Club© WBT- Pierre PauquayLouvain-La-Neuve
Louvain-La-Neuve Golf ClubThis world-class golf course is located in a magnificent wooded area. The club also has a golf school with training facilities & 4 beginners' holes.
- Bois de Lauzelle | Louvain-la-Neuve© O.T. InforvilleOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
Bois de Lauzelle | Louvain-la-NeuveListed as a Natura 2000 site, the Bois de Luzell and its 20 ha nature reserve offer an incredible green haven near Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve.
- ANPI: preventing fires and theft (Louvain-la-Neuve)© ANPI AsblOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
ANPI: preventing fires and theft (Louvain-la-Neuve)Based in Louvain-la-Neuve (Walloon Brabant region), the ANPI (Association Nationale de la Protection contre l’Incendie et l’Intrusion or National Association for the protection against fires and intrusions) promotes measures and techniques to avoid such risks.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- Water and Fountain Museum | Ottignies© Musée de l'Eau et de la FontaineOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
Water and Fountain Museum | OttigniesThe Water and Fountain museum, in the Domaine provincial du Bois des Rêves (Ottignies), offers a fantastic outdoor experience. Following your guide, you will learn about the local legends inspired by ponds, rivers, lakes... and much more.
- Pro Velo Brabant Wallon | Bike information and rental in Ottignies© Pro VeloOttignies
Pro Velo Brabant Wallon | Bike information and rental in OttigniesPro Velo Brabant Wallon is the perfect place to rent a bike, book a cycling tour or find maps to make your cycling tour of the region easier.
- The strangest rolling stone in Court Saint-Etienne© Ph.DegeyeCourt-St.-Étienne
The strangest rolling stone in Court Saint-EtienneA rather strange flat stone lies there, in the hollow of a path. It would be a rather normal sight if that rock did not weigh... 4 tons! Many legends explain the phenomena. The most famous one explains that when the bells of the church in Court strike midnight, the stone rotates on its own axel...
- Aqualibi: the perfect water park for family fun© BelparkWavre
Aqualibi: the perfect water park for family funAqualibi is a fantastic water theme park near Wavre, in Wallonia. Water at 29°C, thrilling attractions inspired by tropical places, fun slides, a wave pool and a bubbly time in a jacuzzi. It's the perfect day out with friends and family!
- The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)© FTBWLimelette
The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)Take a stroll in these 5 hectares of woodland in Limette (near Ottignies/Louvain-la-Neuve in the Walloon Brabant). Perfect for a family day out!
- Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and family© FTBWWavre
Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and familyOne of the most famous theme parks in Belgium! Their mascot, a kangaroo, welcomes families at the entrance to guide them through the many attractions. A new area, Exotic world, has opened this year.
- The Tête Chargée brewery in Limelette© Fleur CamermanOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The Tête Chargée brewery in LimeletteThis young microbrewery, based in Limelette, produces high fermentation beers, prepared on an open flame.
- Pearl Balloon: hot air balloon flights over Wallonia© WBT- Pierre PauquayCourt-Saint-Etienne
Pearl Balloon: hot air balloon flights over WalloniaJoin Pearl Balloon for a memorable hot air balloon flight over Wallonia. Choose from Walloon Brabant, Liège or Namur and get ready to see the landscapes from up high...