Rochefort and its region have so much to offer you will need a few days to fully explore it...
Label, certification or network
- Rochefort's touristic train© SI de RochefortRochefort
Rochefort's touristic trainStep on board Rochefort's touristic train to discover the region, its natural sites (Panorama du Rond du roi, Grotte de Lorette…) and cultural heritage
- Chateau Comtal de Rochefort© Chateau Comtal RochefortRochefort
Chateau Comtal de RochefortRochefort Castle was once the largest castle in the Famenne, today it's an important historical and archeological site. Today, you can visit with guided walks and fun activities for children.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritage© Grotte de LoretteRochefort
The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritageThe Cave of Lorette, part of the Caves of Han domain, can be found in the province of Namur, only 300 m from the centre of Rochefort.
- Notre-Dame de Saint-Rémy de Rochefort Abbey© WBT-DenisErroyauxRochefort
Notre-Dame de Saint-Rémy de Rochefort AbbeyA community of Trappist and Cistercian monks of strict observance live on the abbey.
- The centre of rail and stone in Jemelle© asbl Fous des RailsJemelle
The centre of rail and stone in JemelleA stone's throw from Rochefort, this museum covers the many facets of the Belgian railway network and limestone.
- A speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
A speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de HanA new speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de Han gives visitors the chance to explore caves never opened to the public before.
- UNESCO Global Geopark Famenne-Ardenne© Geopark Famenne ArdenneRochefort
UNESCO Global Geopark Famenne-ArdenneWallonia now has its very own UNESCO geopark, in Famenne-Ardenne. Discover how stunning and varied the landscapes of the regions are: a perfect day out with friends and family.
- A walk through the Lesse valley© Le Moulin de ResteigneRochefort
A walk through the Lesse valleyThis lovely trail between the villages of Resteigne and Belvaux, will take you through the Lesse valley and Niaux woodlands.
- The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museum© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museumA fascinating exhibition presents 50 years of underwater excavations in the river Lesse
- A vélo, autour du Château de Lavaux-Sainte-Anne | Balade en province de Namur© WBT - Denis ErroyauxRochefort38 km
A vélo, autour du Château de Lavaux-Sainte-Anne | Balade en province de Namur
- The Han Wildlife Reserve© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Han Wildlife ReserveVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countryside© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countrysideHan 1900 is a museum space dedicated to life in the countryside in the beginning of the 20th century. Nestled in the village of Han-sur-Lesse, in the province of Namur, it offers a wonderful insight of what the life of farmers in Wallonia used to be like.
- Domain des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Domain des Grottes de HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- A walk in the Wildlife Nature Reserve by the Caves of Han© WBT - David SamynHan-sur-Lesse
A walk in the Wildlife Nature Reserve by the Caves of HanTake a walk through the Wildlife Nature Reserve in Han sur Lesse. A 5 km hiking trail offers a wonderful opportunity to see animals up close.
- The Lesse brewery in Eprave© Brasserie de la LesseEprave
The Lesse brewery in EpraveIt all started in 2011. Friends from Rochefort, real beer and terroir lovers, decided to start their very own brewery. Not any, though, the Lesse (in Eprave), is a cooperative which aims, through its production to developing alternative solutions to economy, energy and environment linked crisis.