Type of event
Label or certification
In Liège, popular gatherings follow each other all year round to the delight of young and old: the festivities of 15th August in Outremeuse, the ‘Batte’ Sunday market, the October fair, the magical Christmas market ...
Three dates to note in your diary:
Summer beer lover’s festival in May/June
Le Summer Beer Lovers’Festival, organised by Liège Beer Lovers’ City, invites you to discover Walloon craft beers. Right in the heart of Liège beside the Place Saint-Lambert, around thirty breweries showcase their work and the fruits of their labour.
Ardentes Festival - July
The must-see event of summer, Les Ardentes welcomes thousands of festival-goers each year. The quality music line up, both popular and current, gathers together confirmed headliners and new discoveries. Each year, nearly 100 international and Belgian artists perform on different stages.
La nocturne des coteaux – 1st Saturday of October
Stroll along the edge of the Cité Ardente or “Ardent or Fiery City” (as Liège is called) over the course of marvellous unusual walks lit up by 20,000 candles and multiple lights during the Nocturne des Coteaux de la Citadelle (Night of the Hillsides of the Citadel). For one evening the town reveals its narrow streets, courtyards, steps and other terraces which are subtly illuminated and joyously animated in a festive atmosphere. A real oasis right in the heart of the town awaits you!
- Page 1
- © Service communication de la Province de Liège - Gerard GuissardFrom 27 June to 28 November 2020LiègeCruise
Summer gourmet cruises on board the Pays de Liège boatEnjoy different views of Liège, from the Meuse river, with a cruise bringing together a relaxing time, a meal prepared with seasonal ingredients and musical animations. The Pays de Liège guarantees an enchanting experience.
- © Musée de la vie wallonneFrom 04 July 2020 to 04 April 2021LiègeExhibition
A motorcycling exhibition at the Musée de la vie wallonne (Liège)Fascinated with motorbikes? The latest exhibition of the Musée de la vie wallonne is Liège is sure to get your engines roaring...
- © SPW-Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantJune 2021BlégnyDemonstration
Giornata italiana: Italian festivities in BlegnyGiornata italiana or Italian days brings a little dolce vita to Blegny (Province of Liège). The next event will take place in 2021.
- © O.T. Liège - Marc VerpoortenSeptember 2021LiègeShow
Unimage | A fantastic puppet festival in LiègeThe Musée de la Vie wallonne invites you to discover Unimage, a festival dedicated to the art of puppetry and keeping this Belgian tradition alive. Its rich program is sure to delight children and adults alike.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyFrom 03 June 2019 to 03 June 2022LiègeExhibition
An architecural exhibition at the Grand CurtiusBetween 1860 and 1960, before architecture entered a technical era caring very little for details, much care was brought to the decorative value of façades. This exhibition features 300 photos detailed the variety of shapes and materials used to sublime buildings in Liège.
- © Office du tourisme de LiègeFrom 25 October 2019 to 29 December 2023LiègeFlea market
The Saint-Pholien Flea market in LiègeThis flea market, known for the high quality of the many treasure found there, is a favourite in Liège. You might hear it referred to as the "Champs-Elysée" for its wide central path. Visitors come from the nearby European countries to enjoy its fascinating selections.
- © ZucheroFrom 26 October 2019 to 30 December 2023LiègeFlea market
The petites puces de Saint-Gilles: a flea market in LiègeIt all started in 1984: this sweet flea market set up in a peaceful, green setting in the heights of Liège. It's been a success ever since...
- © Expo ToutankhamonFrom 14 December 2019 to 03 January 2021LiègeExhibition
Tutankhamun exhibition in LiègeHoward Carter discovered the tomb of Tutankhamun almost a hundred years ago... Visitors can now get a wonderful insight into this historical find in Liège.
- © O.T. Liège - Marc VerpoortenFrom 02 July to 31 October 2020LiègeVisit
Guided tours of the town centre of LiègeThese amazing tours, organised by the Tourist Office, will reveal unexpected stories and sight in Liège:
- © Michael Dans - Art PublicFrom 01 August to 31 October 2020LiègeExhibition
Art public in Liège | Fourth editionArt Public, celebrating its fourth edition this year, has chosen Liège for its incredible festival, placing temporary art works through cities. 18 artists have been handpicked and invited to create an urban space friendly art piece.
- © Biennale d'art naïfFrom 11 September to 25 October 2020AnsExhibition
A biennial dedicated to naive and outsider art. | Waroux CastleWaroux Castle hosts, every two years, a biennale dedicated to naive and outsider art and a contemporary art exhibition.
- © BIP2018-PHOTO Guilherme GeraisFrom 19 September to 25 October 2020LiègeDemonstration
The Biennale de l'Image Possible in Liège | BIP2020The Biennale de l’Image Possible (BIP) celebrates the many facettes of contemporary photography.
- © Bridgeman/Belgaimage/ The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc. / Licensed by SABAM/ ARS, Belgium 2020From 02 October 2020 to 28 February 2021LiègeExhibition
Warhol - The American Dream Factory | La BoverieLa Boverie pays tribute to Andy Warhol and his famous workshop, the Factory though a fantastic exhibition: retracing 40 years of genius.
- © Sabrina MontielFrom 08 October to 31 December 2020LiègeExhibition
Art au centre | Artists invest Liege's shop windows this summerThe Art au centre initiative gives 27 contemporary artists the chance to present their work (painting, scuture, performance, photography, video...) in Liège’s shop windows.
- © Stéphane DeleersnijderFrom 17 to 26 October 2020LiègeShow
Voo Rire: Liège's humour festivalAdd a few laughs to your day and join the Voo Rire, a fantastic Humour festival in Liège in October 2019.
- © Fondation Giacometti (c) Succession Alberto GiacomettiFrom 17 October 2020 to 17 January 2021LiègeExhibition
L'Humanité absolue: a Giacometti exhibition at the Cité Miroir in LiègeAlberto Giacometti - Absolute Humanity, at th Cité Miroir in Liège, is the first monographic exhibition of this size presenting this artist's work in Belgium.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyEvery Sunday.LiègeMarket
The La Batte market in LiègeLa Batte, the largest and oldest market in Belgium, takes place every Sunday at the heart of the Fiery City - a real institution in Liège.
- 31 October 2020LiègeVisit
Halloween at the Musée de la Vie wallone de LiègeHalloween, the darkest night of the year... No wonder a crime has been committed within the Musée de la Vie wallonne! Come and help the team to interview the suspects, analyse clues and solve the mystery...
- © FIFCL - Christophe ToffoloNovember 2020LiègeFestival
Festival International du Film de Comédie | LiègeThe Festival International du Film de Comédie invites you its cheerful new edition in the Fiery City this November.
- © Blegny-MineNovember 2020LiègeDemonstration
Come on board the "Pays de Liège" cruise boat for a game themed dinnerThese cruises on the Meuse in October and November, complete with a game themed meal and musical entertainment, will give you a brand new view on Liège...
- © J.P. RemyNovember 2020LiègeChristmas market
Liège Christmas market: the largest in BelgiumMagical. Cheerful. Liege Chrismas market, with its 200 seasonal chalets, is a cherished tradition in Wallonia!
- © Milan MarkovicDecember 2020SeraingChristmas market
Santa is an artist: a creative market in SeraingThis fantastic market in Seraing's Cultural Centre is the perfect place to find unique Christmas presents... or make them, even! A fantastic opportunity to meet artists and share their passion.
- © B. JacqminDecember 2020OupeyeChristmas market
Oupeye Christmas marketThe castle will dress up for Christmas with a thousand lights and scents. Over 40 artisans, associations, guilds and producers will join the event this year.
- © PixabayDecember 2020LiègeFestival
Liège's European circus festivalIn this festival gathering the very best circus artists, there is only one rule: only one jury, the public.
- © PixabayDecember 2020MilmortFestival
Milmort oyster festivalDiscover Milmort, a thousand-year-old village, which becomes, once a year, THE place to enjoy oysters from Marennes Oléron!
- © S.I. BassengeDecember 2020BassengeChristmas market
An artisan Christmas market in the Caves of WonckLooking for a Christmas market slightly off the beaten path? Try the artisan market in the Caves of Wonck...
- © PixabayDecember 2020LiègeDemonstration
Liège New Year Eve's fireworksLooking for wonderful celebrations for New Year's Eve in the fiery city? The traditional fireworks, on December 31 are an absolute must see.
- © Alexas FotosJanuary 2021LiègeMarket
The "C'est bon, c'est wallon" terroir marketsCome and fill your picnic basket with terroir products at the "C'est bon, c'est Wallon" (Delicious Wallonia) markets at the Court Saint-Etienne.
- © Pixabay - LernestorodFebruary 2021Hermalle Sous-argeanteauTrade fair
Brasséart | A microbrewing fair in Hermalle-sous-ArgenteauBrasséart will gather fifteen passionate Walloon microbrewers. A fantastic opportunity to learn more about their skills and creations. Entry is free.
- © Festival de LiègeFebruary 2021LiègeFestival
Festival International de Liège | When performing arts question societyLiege's Festival international des arts de la scène promises 3 weeks of incredible shows, offering a sharp look at the world and questioning our era.
- Page 1