Take a stroll through Thuin's hanging gardens, now turned into vineyards, The belfry and boatmaker's district add to this enchanting setting...
Attraction & type of activity
- The belfry of Thuin, listed by UNESCO© WBT - David SamynThuin
The belfry of Thuin, listed by UNESCOListed by UNESCO for its remarkable VIIth century architecture, the belfry of Thuin, guarantees a stunning panorama of the region. Visitors get the opportun
- The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-ThuinThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- Ragnies, one of the prettiest villages of Wallonia | Province of Hainaut© Mark RossignolRagnies
Ragnies, one of the prettiest villages of Wallonia | Province of HainautStanding on a limestone plateau in the province of Hainaut, Ragnies is a picturesque village belongs to the commune ot Thuin, in the province of Hainaut.
- The Aulne Abbey© WBT - S. WittenbolGozée
The Aulne AbbeyThe ruins of the Cistercian Aulne Abbey are nestled on the right bank of the Sambre, in a place beautifully called "Vallée de la Paix" or Valley of peace. The atmosphere is indeed very soothing and calls for a pleasant walk.
- Thuin's suprising art trail© WBT - David SamynThuin
Thuin's suprising art trailOrganised in partnership with the BPS22, Thuin's actual art trail reflects the city and its cultural heritage.
- Landscape lovers will fall in love with Thuin's hanging gardens© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteThuin
Landscape lovers will fall in love with Thuin's hanging gardensDeclared Exceptional Heritage of Wallonia, Thuin's hanging gardens offer a rare landscape, enriched with a contemporary art trail.
- Sambre Tourisme© Sambre TourismeThuin
Sambre TourismeThe Haute Sambre is becoming, like the Canal du Midi and Canals of Burgundy, an iconic location for river tourism.
- Discover Thuin and its boat making history at the Thudo Ecomuseum© MT - Pays des LacsThuin
Discover Thuin and its boat making history at the Thudo EcomuseumThuin, once a boatmen's town, reveals part of its history to visitors. Step on board this narrowboat-museum, anchored by the Quai de Sambre and discover what the daily waterway life used to be like in the region.
- Le Clos des Zouaves: Thuin vineyard© Le Clos des Zouaves - ThuinThuin
Le Clos des Zouaves: Thuin vineyardThis vineyard, planted in 2001, streteches over Thuin's suspended gardens. The very first harvest, in 2003, proved a real success. So much that the wine produced has now its own Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée: Côtes de Sambre et Meuse.
- The Maison de l'Imprimerie or Print museum in Thuin© Musée de l'Imprimerie - DLThuin
The Maison de l'Imprimerie or Print museum in ThuinThe Maison de l'ImpThe Maison de l'Imprimerie, an active technical museum dedicated to the paper trades, is home to a large collection of printing equipment. Come and learn more about this fasrimerie, a technical museum in activity dedicated to the paper trades, houses an important collection of printing equipment ....
- Saint-Ursmer collegiate church | Lobbes© Open ChurchesLobbes
Saint-Ursmer collegiate church | LobbesSee the full beauty of the Saint Ursmer collegiate church in the Sambre Valley (Hainaut): the only church in Belgium built in Carolingian times and the oldest in Belgium. Built in the 4th century by the monks of the Lobbes Abbey, it kept its original architecture, softened here and there by Mosan touches.
- Military Cemetry - Heuleu, Lobbes© FTLB - P. WillemsLobbes
Military Cemetry - Heuleu, LobbesThe French military cemetery Heuleu honours the graves of soldiers of the Great War who fell during the fighting in August 1914 ....
- Musée du Miel at Lobbes, discovering bees and honey© FTLB - P. WillemsLobbes
Musée du Miel at Lobbes, discovering bees and honeyThe Honey Museum, a place to discover bees and honey welcomes you on the site of the provincial domain of the Relais de la Haute Sambre in Lobbes ....
- The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueurs© Distillerie de BiercéeRagnies
The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueursVisit the Biercée distillery to learn some of its secrets - like how 10 kg of fresh fruit become a bottle of Eau de Villée...
- The Escafène farm in Ragnies (near Thuin)Ragnies
The Escafène farm in Ragnies (near Thuin)The Escafène farm, in Ragnies (one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia), organises nature activities for children: teaching farm, organic agriculture, donkey rides...
- Ragnies Golf Club, Thudinie Academy and Golf Club© FTLB - P. WillemsRagnies
Ragnies Golf Club, Thudinie Academy and Golf ClubThe Ragnies Golf Club offers you a remarkably well-designed 18-hole course.
- The Aulne Abbey brewery and its restaurant | Gozée© WBT - S. WittenbolGozée
The Aulne Abbey brewery and its restaurant | GozéeThis Belgian artisanal brewery makes certified Acknowledged Belgian Abbey Beer at the heart of the historical ruins of the Cistercian Aulne Abbey.
- Château du Fosteau |Thuin© WBT - D.VasilovThuin
Château du Fosteau |ThuinAt the peak of an undulation towering above the surrounding meadows, can be seen the silhouette of the Château de Fosteau. This imposing 14th-century fortified manor house is still armed with its seven elegant towers.
- Café Leblon | Boats without permits for cruises on the Sambre© JPohlThuin
Café Leblon | Boats without permits for cruises on the SambreCafé Leblon rents boats without permits: a fantastic opportunity to relax on the Sambre, near the Aulne Abbey. On the way back, indulge a refreshing, locally made beer or an ice-cream on the terrace of the establishment.
- Mini cruises between the Aulne abbey and Thuin on a narrowboat© MT - Pays des Lacs - C. CharueFontaine-l'Evêque
Mini cruises between the Aulne abbey and Thuin on a narrowboatAlways fancied a cruise on a narrowboat? Join the captain of the Gavroche (mear the prestigious abbey of Aulne, 10 km of Charleroi and 30 km from France) for a fantastic time on the river. The boat, painted in cheerful colours, offers a wonderful way to admire the villages of Landelies, Erquelinnes, Thuin, Lobbes...