In the vicinity of Tournai there are also some exceptional places to visit, such as Ath and its giants, the superb Beloeil castle and some easy walks.
Attraction & type of activity
- La Maison Tournaisienne | Museum of Folklore© Jan D’hondtTournai
La Maison Tournaisienne | Museum of FolkloreNestled in an authentic 17th century building, La Maison Tournaisienne traces all the ages of everyday life in the region between 1800 and modern days.
- Notre-Dame de Tournai cathedral, listed by UNESCO© WBT - J.P. RemyTournai
Notre-Dame de Tournai cathedral, listed by UNESCOListed by UNESCO for its 5 bell towers, its nave and transept of Romanesque style, Notre-Dame Cathedral is a gem of medieval architecture.
- Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of Tournai© visittournaiTournai
Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of TournaiLe Couloir du Temps, a multimedia spectacle now screened at the Tourist Office, presents the 2,000 years of history in the town of tournai in just 20 minutes.
- Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gem© Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gemTournai is best seen from its 15th century belfry, listed by UNESCO. Built on the site of the 1218 original after it burnt down, it is the oldest in Wallonia's seven belfries and the only one with outdoor viewing platforms.
- Tournai Military History Museum© Ville de TournaiTournai
Tournai Military History MuseumTournai Military History Museum is nestled in an 18th century town mansion, near the Grand Place. Its galleries present the town's troops, their equipment and weapons between 1100 and 1945.
- Tournai Natural History Museum and Vivarium© Visitwapi.be - Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Natural History Museum and VivariumThe Natural History Museum in Tournai, Belgium, features rich collections and a vivarium. Its 19th century setting has been wonderfully preserved.
- Beer Route in Wallonia Picardy© ®Jan D'HondtTournai
Beer Route in Wallonia PicardyLand of around a hundred craft beers, the fertile ground of Wallonia picardy holds the record of having the most microbreweries
- Tournai Fine Arts Museum© WAPICTTournai
Tournai Fine Arts MuseumThe current Museum of Fine Arts was born from the genius of Art Nouveau architecture, Victor Horta.
- The Tournai Museum of Archeology© Jan D’hondtTournai
The Tournai Museum of ArcheologyThe Tournai Museum of Archeology presents prehistoric, Gallo-Roman and Merovingian archeology
- Dubuisson brewery (Pipaix, Hainaut region)© Brasserie DubuissonPipaix
Dubuisson brewery (Pipaix, Hainaut region)The oldest brewery in Wallonia! The story starts in 1933, when Alfred Dubuisson created the Bush, which recipe is still enjoyed, unchanged to this day... along with other fantastic natural beers.
- BattleKart | a surreal karting experience in Mouscron© BattleKartMouscron
BattleKart | a surreal karting experience in MouscronInspired by Super Mario and Mario Kart, BattleKart is the very first karting-gaming centre in the world. There you can enjoy a virtual track, just as fun as if you were in a video game.
- The UNESCO route by bike | Part 1: Tournai - Mons© WBT - Denis ErroyauxTournai68 km
The UNESCO route by bike | Part 1: Tournai - Mons
- Tournai's Cloth Hall© WBT - J.P. RemyTournai
Tournai's Cloth HallThe first Cloth Hall is thought to date back to the 13th century. Built out of wood, it was blown away by a storm. It was reconstructed 4 years later (1610-1611) in an eclectic architectural style
- Puppet Museum© Jan D'HondtTournai
Puppet MuseumThe Puppet Centre of Tournai invites you to discover the art of puppetry in all its forms ....
- TAMAT: the contemporary centre for textile arts© TAMATTournai
TAMAT: the contemporary centre for textile artsThe historic town of Tournai is home to TAMAT, the Centre for Tapestry, Wall Arts and Textile Arts of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
- City Golf: visit Tournai golf club in hand© city-golf.beTournai
City Golf: visit Tournai golf club in handLove visits with a twist? Try City Golf in Tournai: a fantastic way to see the town's cultural icons while having fun...
- Discover Tournai with a ride on the touristic train© VisittournaiTournai
Discover Tournai with a ride on the touristic trainThis 50 mn itinerary, starting from the belfry, is a wonderful opportunity to travel through the 2,000 years of history of the city.
- Off the beaten paths tours of Tournai© WBT - J.P. RemyTournai
Off the beaten paths tours of TournaiTournai is one of the cities in Belgium with the richest historical past. These off the beaten tours will reveal a wealth of (fun, intriguing, surprising) anecdotes...
- Cycling in Wallonia | Tournai and its river banks© wapinature.be - Coralie CardonTournai
Cycling in Wallonia | Tournai and its river banksThis itinerary explores the countryside near Tournai, all the way the Grand Large de Péronnes: a stunning, 45 hectares water plane. Perfect for a picnic or a drink on its banks!
- Cycling in the Province of Hainaut | Near Ath© OT Ath - J. FlamentTournai29 km
Cycling in the Province of Hainaut | Near Ath
- Walking in Waloon Picardy | Beloeil© WBT - J.P. RemyTournai19 km
Walking in Waloon Picardy | Beloeil
- A surnatural walk: the Sentier de l'Etrange in Ellezelles© Madame BougeotteTournai5.4 km
A surnatural walk: the Sentier de l'Etrange in Ellezelles
- The Aqua-Tournai aquatic recreation centre© SkeezeTournai
The Aqua-Tournai aquatic recreation centreAqua-Tournai is located near the town centre in Tournai. This aquatic leisure centre, complete with a nature reserve, guarantees a fun day out
- Ecopark Adventures Tournai: tree top fun and trampolines© Ecopark AdventuresTournai
Ecopark Adventures Tournai: tree top fun and trampolinesLove adventure and reconnecting with nature? Ecopark Adventures Tournai, with its 2 separate parks, guarantees thrilling memories...
- "Le Triangle blanc, la pierre et les hommes": an exhibition on limestone mining in Antoing© Maison du Tourisme AntoingAntoing
"Le Triangle blanc, la pierre et les hommes": an exhibition on limestone mining in AntoingThe permanent exhibition "Le Triangle blanc, la pierre et les hommes" (the white triangle, stone and men) presents a contemporary view of limestone mining in the region of Tournai. At the Maison Rurale de Calonne, pnear Antoing (Hainaut, Plaines de l'Escaut nature park).
- The Mont-Saint-Aubert sledge run: thrills for everyone© Morlus PhotographeTournai
The Mont-Saint-Aubert sledge run: thrills for everyoneChildren and grown-ups will love going down this 240 m long sledge run, slaloming from the Floréal Club on Mont-Saint-Aubert. Located at the heart of the Panorama Parc, its offers glorious views on the region and a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- Château des Princes de Ligne a Antoing© Ville d'AntoingAntoing
Château des Princes de Ligne a AntoingVisit the Castle of the Princes of Antoing Line, A magnificent neo-Gothic house where you can also see the wall of enclosure and the bolewerk (fortified bastion).
- Peronnes marina and yacht club© FTLB - P. WillemsPéronnes-Lez-Antoing
Peronnes marina and yacht club
- Etang du Saule - Chez Martin | PTrout fishing near Tournai© AquaphotoBlandain
Etang du Saule - Chez Martin | PTrout fishing near TournaiTrout fishing will love Chez Martin, at L'Etang du Saule: a peaceful location to reconnect with nature.
- Le Grand Large de Péronnes | A lovely lake near Tournai© wapinature.be - Coralie CardonTournai
Le Grand Large de Péronnes | A lovely lake near TournaiThis 45 hectares artificial lake, near Tournai, proves perfect to relax with a picnic with friends and family then enjoy a little water fun...
- Brasserie de Cazeau in Tournai© FTLB - P. WillemsTempleuve
Brasserie de Cazeau in TournaiThe Brasserie de Cazeau, a family brewery, invites you to try their craft beer, full of character.
- Brasserie de Brunehaut© Erik VerdonckBrunehaut
Brasserie de BrunehautThis brewery combines the traditional in bottle refermentation with modern production techniques.
- The Brunehaut orchards© FTLB - P. WillemsRongy
The Brunehaut orchardsDiscover the Brunehaut orchards, South of Tournai, who produce amazing apple and pear juice, cider, local apéritifs and cider vinegar.
- Dubuisson Beerstorium | A brewing museum in Pipaix© Brasserie DubuissonLeuze-en-Hainaut
Dubuisson Beerstorium | A brewing museum in PipaixNestled in the stunning Ghyssegnies Castle, Dubuisson Beerstorium is a museum retracing the story of the oldest Walloon brewery. Now 250 years old, it sure comes with a lot of anecdotes.
- Druart-Sol Farm in Estaimpuis© Commune EstaimpuisEstaimpuis
Druart-Sol Farm in EstaimpuisThe Ferme Druart-Sol in Estaimpuis invites you to discover its delicious natural farm products and their production, time for a visit.
- Pipaix' steam powered brewery© WBT Bernard BoccaraPipaix
Pipaix' steam powered breweryTake a journey to the 19th century by visiting the last steam powered brewery in the world at Leuze-en-Hainaut, in the region of Tournai.
- C Comme: an artisanal chocolate shop in Mouscron© WBT - J. JeanmartDottignies
C Comme: an artisanal chocolate shop in MouscronC Comme is an artisanal chocolate shop in Dottignies, near Mouscron. Resistance is futile!