If the Porte de Trèves, standing majestically in the centre of the traffic, is unavoidable, few people know that it has had roles as diverse as the ramparts of Bastogne, a prison and even a guesthouse. Elsewhere in the town, and on the periphery, the memory of the Second World War is omnipresent.
Attraction & type of activity
- A 20 km historical bike ride revisiting the Battle of the Bulge© WBT - J.P. RemyBastogne
A 20 km historical bike ride revisiting the Battle of the BulgeThis 20 km bike ride starts from the Bastogne tourist office then takes you along a historic journey, revisiting the Battle of the Bulge and WW2 in the area.
- A 5 km historical bike ride revisiting the Battle of the Bulge© TemporaBastogne
A 5 km historical bike ride revisiting the Battle of the BulgeThis easy 5 km bike ride starts from the Bastogne tourist office then takes you along a historic journey, revisiting the Battle of the Bulge in the area.
- The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in Bastogne© Claudy RaskinBastogne
The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in BastogneThese two museums, at the very heart of Bastogne, will reveal the magic of the Ardenne traditions and culture, from the ethnographic heritage to religious craft.
- Bastogne War Museum: a WW2 commemorative centre© TemporaBastogne
Bastogne War Museum: a WW2 commemorative centreThis cultural centre, dedicated to the second world war, offers an incredible immersion into the Battle of the Bulge. 4 characters, civilians and soldiers, guide the visitors through the galleries, sharing their story as they go along. An interactive, modern presentation sure to wow children and adults alike.
- Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in Bastogne© Erbs55Bastogne
Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in BastogneLocated in Bastogne (Ardenne), this interactive museum offers a wealth of information on wool, and forgotten trades.
- The “Route des Saveurs” on General Patton's footsteps around Bastogne© WBT - J.L. FlémalBastogne
The “Route des Saveurs” on General Patton's footsteps around BastogneIf the town of Bastogne and the surrounding area attract your attention for the many monuments and traces of the Second World War, it’s also a region worth visiting for its other aspects.
- A 10 km historical bike ride retracing the Battle of the Bulge© WBT - JL FlemalBastogne13 km
A 10 km historical bike ride retracing the Battle of the Bulge
- A WW2 memorial walk in Bastogne© Etienne LoreaBastogne17 km
A WW2 memorial walk in Bastogne
- Trikes Brigand | Electric moto-kart fun© FTLB - P. WillemsBastogne
Trikes Brigand | Electric moto-kart funLooking for a memorable experience? Try Trikes Brigand's fun Drift Trikes... No experience needed!
- The fort of Boggess (Bastogne)© FTLB - P. WillemsBastogne
The fort of Boggess (Bastogne)South of Bastogne is the Fort of Boggess: an important location in the Battle of the Bulge, which helped with liberating the city during WW2.
- 101st Airborne Museum© 101st Abn MuseumBastogne
101st Airborne MuseumIn the heart of Bastogne, this museum features a rich collection of objects from the Second World War, the Battle of the Bulge...
- Naturâne© P. DelperdangeBastogne
NaturâneFamily touristic complex: cafeteria, terroir products, farm open to the public, donkeys, products made from donkey's milk .
- The Trèves Gate: one of the last medieval buildings in Bastogne© P.WILLEMSBastogne
The Trèves Gate: one of the last medieval buildings in BastogneThis monumental, square shaped made of stone was once the main entrance to Bastogne. The Trève gate, built in 1332, was part of the city's ramparts and meant to protect the city. It is now the last hint of the medieval fortifications.
- Bastogne Barracks - a fascinating WW2 interpretation centre© Bastogne BarracksBastogne
Bastogne Barracks - a fascinating WW2 interpretation centreThe former US headquarters set up by legendary General McAuliffe in December 1944 is now a WW2 interpretation centre.
- Techniques et Valorisation du Bois: learn all about the wood trade© FTLB - P. WillemsBastogne
Techniques et Valorisation du Bois: learn all about the wood tradeTechniques et Valorisation du Bois (TVB S.A), based in Bastogne (Ardenne), specialises in building wooden structures for play areas, residential or industrial building as well as wood engraving.
- Serviplast (Ardenne)© FTLB - P. WillemsBastogne
Serviplast (Ardenne)Serviplast, created over 40 years ago, employs over 157 persons, 2 thirds having handicaps. The quality of their work is fully recognised in the province of Luxembourg.
- Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in Bastogne© Phil'Cuisine - Jérôme DejeuxBastogne
Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in BastognePhil’ Cuisine, at the heart of the Ardennes, is a family company dedicated to preparing delicious duck recipes, the artisan way: foie gras, rillettes, pâté made with Trappist Orval or Rochefort beer. These refined terroir products are sure to enchant you.
- L'Atelier du Vieux Marronnier: artisan framers in Bastogne© FTLB - P. WillemsBastogne
L'Atelier du Vieux Marronnier: artisan framers in BastogneL’Atelier du Vieux Marronnier is a custom framing workshop (pictures, paintings, comic book pages...) in Bastogne, in the province of Luxembourg. Worth a visit!
- Mardasson Memorial© TemporaBastogne
Mardasson MemorialInaugurated on July 16, 1950, the Mardasson war memorial celebrates the lasting friendship between Belgium and the US, brought together by their victory during the Battle of the Bulge in December 1944-January 1945.
- Artisanal Meats Murielle Courtois in Bastogne© photo JP RuelleBastogne
Artisanal Meats Murielle Courtois in BastogneHam with special flavours made using ancestral methods, Murielle Courtois works in Bastogne according to the tradition, for an incomparable taste.
- The Foyans ski runs in Bastogne© KzenonBastogne
The Foyans ski runs in BastogneFancy going cross-skiing with the family? The Foyans ski runs in Bastogne are the perfect place to enjoy outdoors activities and relax.
- The Schumer-Widart farm© J.WidartBastogne
The Schumer-Widart farmThe Schumer-Widart farm raise its cattle in Bastogne and invites you to share their passion.
- Bois Jacques, Fox Holes and Bois de la Paix | Bastogne© Etienne LoreaBastogne
Bois Jacques, Fox Holes and Bois de la Paix | BastogneThe Bois Jacques is known for is Fox Holes where soldiers used to hide. Nearby is the Bois de la Paix, a tribute to WW2 veterans.
- Joce des Abeilles | An apiary in Bastogne© Pixabay - SchwoazeBastogne
Joce des Abeilles | An apiary in BastogneHives, flowers, bees, and honey! Jocelyne introduces you to the world of beekeepers and the remarkable work of bees in Bastogne.