Walks, bike rides, kayak adventures... The options are endless near Rochefort. Looking for a more peaceful afternoon? There are lovely castles and museums too.
Attraction & type of activity
- Page 1
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritage© Grotte de LoretteRochefort
The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritageThe Cave of Lorette, part of the Caves of Han domain, can be found in the province of Namur, only 300 m from the centre of Rochefort.
- The centre of rail and stone in Jemelle© asbl Fous des RailsJemelle
The centre of rail and stone in JemelleA stone's throw from Rochefort, this museum covers the many facets of the Belgian railway network and limestone.
- A speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
A speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de HanA new speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de Han gives visitors the chance to explore caves never opened to the public before.
- UNESCO Global Geopark Famenne-Ardenne© Geopark Famenne ArdenneRochefort
UNESCO Global Geopark Famenne-ArdenneWallonia now has its very own UNESCO geopark, in Famenne-Ardenne. Discover how stunning and varied the landscapes of the regions are: a perfect day out with friends and family.
- The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museum© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museumA fascinating exhibition presents 50 years of underwater excavations in the river Lesse
- The Han Wildlife Reserve© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Han Wildlife ReserveVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- A walk in the Wildlife Nature Reserve by the Caves of Han© WBT - David SamynHan-sur-Lesse
A walk in the Wildlife Nature Reserve by the Caves of HanTake a walk through the Wildlife Nature Reserve in Han sur Lesse. A 5 km hiking trail offers a wonderful opportunity to see animals up close.
- Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countryside© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countrysideHan 1900 is a museum space dedicated to life in the countryside in the beginning of the 20th century. Nestled in the village of Han-sur-Lesse, in the province of Namur, it offers a wonderful insight of what the life of farmers in Wallonia used to be like.
- The Caves of Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- The former Tellin foundry, which produced thousands of bells© Tellin-Fonderie ASBLTellin
The former Tellin foundry, which produced thousands of bellsThe Tellin foundry was the very last one in Belgium to make bells. Guided tours of the site, listed as industrial cultural heritage, present the lost wax technique used at the time, the bridge crane and the reverberatory furnace.
- The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in Rochefort© Val de LesseLavaux-Sainte-Anne
The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in RochefortThe castle of Lavaux-Saint-Anne, its three museums, its park and gardens in the province of Namur are sure to enchant you. This magnificent castle on the plain of Wallonia is a mere 16 km from Rochefort, 23 from the French border.
- THE SPA DU QUARTIER LATIN© Quartier LatinMarche-En-Famenne
THE SPA DU QUARTIER LATINThe "Spa du Quartier Latin" is a wellness and balneotherapy centre as well as a beauty institute in Marche-en-Famenne, at the edge of the Ardenne.
- Mirwart, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of Luxembourg© Mark RossignolMirwart
Mirwart, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of LuxembourgIn the heart of the Ardennes forest, Mirwart seems to be lost in time... Its pretty little half-timbered and stone farms and its castle add to its picturesque charm. The Domaine provincial, with its ponds and forests, is a wonderful invitation to explore its preserve nature.
- Sohier, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of Luxembourg© Mark RossignolSohier
Sohier, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of LuxembourgAmid woodlands, meadows and fields, Sohier stands out beautifully. In spring and summer, the village is filled with blooms, framing the architecture perfectly. Come, take a gentle stroll through its pretty streets or terroir market or join its beer festival for a bubbly time.
- Rochefort's touristic train© SI de RochefortRochefort
Rochefort's touristic trainStep on board Rochefort's touristic train to discover the region, its natural sites (Panorama du Rond du roi, Grotte de Lorette…) and cultural heritage
- Chateau Comtal de Rochefort© Chateau Comtal RochefortRochefort
Chateau Comtal de RochefortRochefort Castle was once the largest castle in the Famenne, today it's an important historical and archeological site. Today, you can visit with guided walks and fun activities for children.
- Notre-Dame de Saint-Rémy de Rochefort Abbey© WBT-DenisErroyauxRochefort
Notre-Dame de Saint-Rémy de Rochefort AbbeyA community of Trappist and Cistercian monks of strict observance live on the abbey.
- A walk through the Lesse valley© Le Moulin de ResteigneRochefort
A walk through the Lesse valleyThis lovely trail between the villages of Resteigne and Belvaux, will take you through the Lesse valley and Niaux woodlands.
- The Lesse brewery in Eprave© Brasserie de la LesseEprave
The Lesse brewery in EpraveIt all started in 2011. Friends from Rochefort, real beer and terroir lovers, decided to start their very own brewery. Not any, though, the Lesse (in Eprave), is a cooperative which aims, through its production to developing alternative solutions to economy, energy and environment linked crisis.
- The Autrucherie du Doneu: exceptional birds in Rochefort© Laurent BombardeNavaugle
The Autrucherie du Doneu: exceptional birds in RochefortJacques et Lydia Bruyaux opened their ostrich farm in 1997. The stunning site, by a castle in Rochefort, is now home to a hundred birds of all ages...
- The Saint-Monon brewery, blending skills and beers in Ambly© Brasserie Saint-MononAmbly
The Saint-Monon brewery, blending skills and beers in AmblyStop by the Saint-Monon brewery in Ambly and try Pierre Jacob's craft beers: he is the youngest brewer in Wallonia! White, lager, amber, ale - there is one
- Ferronnerie Demoulin: art ironwork in the Ardennes© Ferronnerie DemoulinTellin
Ferronnerie Demoulin: art ironwork in the ArdennesStop by Tellin, a sweet little village in the Ardenne (between Rochefort and Saint-Hubert) and meet David Demoulin, specialised in art ironwork.
- Car-free | Marche - Liège© WBT - Hikeup/RailtripMarche-en-Famenne
Car-free | Marche - Liège
- Visit'Entreprise | Comptoir forestier (Ave)© LDV ProductionAye (Marche-en-Famenne)
Visit'Entreprise | Comptoir forestier (Ave)Located near Marche-en-Famenne, the Comptoir Forestier is an exceptional site dedicated to preserving and regenerating woodlands, trees being the green gold of Wallonia.
- The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geosite© recyclind - PixabayTellin
The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geositeThis former quarry presents remarkable stratigraphic cross sections from the lowermost Givetian (rock formation from the Givetian period). It is frequently visited by geology students from universities all over Belgium and anyone wishing to get a better insight into the field of biostratigraphy.
- The Nassogne hides and miradors: fascinating view points on the forest© MT Marche-NassogneNassogne
The Nassogne hides and miradors: fascinating view points on the forestHides and miradors, which architecture, always integrated in nature, can be fascinating, are best way to observe the nearby fauna and flora. They usually offer amazing panoramas, all in a serene, soothing setting: the perfect place to rest when hiking through a forest!
- Tellin wild arboretum© ManfredrichterTellin
Tellin wild arboretumLocated betweem the Basse Famenne and the Ardenne, by the villages of Resteigne and Tellin, two woods have been listed as a nature site thanks to their ecological value.
- The Champia farm in Chevetogne© Maison du Tourisme Condroz-FamenneChevetogne
The Champia farm in ChevetogneIn the renovated stables, at the back of a pretty farm, Nathalie and Jean-Marc offer a wide range of local terroir products.
- Le Relais de la Lesse | Horse riding in Chanly© Le Relais de la LesseWellin
Le Relais de la Lesse | Horse riding in ChanlyValéro Laurent, equestrian tourist guide, will take you horse riding through the Haute Lesse region (forests, plains, along the river...)
- The Saint-Etienne church in Waha: a Romanesque church rich in artistic gems© WBT - Denis ErroyauxWaha
The Saint-Etienne church in Waha: a Romanesque church rich in artistic gemsThe Saint-Etienne church, one of the oldest in Belgium, is the only one to have kept its dedicatory stone, commemorating its consecration in 1050. Its stained windows were the very last work of artist Jean-Michel Folon.
- Farm of Comogne, organic farm selling mare's milk in Beauraing© FTLB - P. WillemsRochefort
Farm of Comogne, organic farm selling mare's milk in BeauraingLocated in the province of Namur, this organic farm produces mare's milk and offers guided tours.
- The Château van der Straten and its park© Ville de Marche-en-FamenneMarche-En-Famenne
The Château van der Straten and its parkMarche-en-Famenne's town hall, a beautifully renovated castle, is surrounded by a stunning park, planted with remarkable trees. Why not take a stroll there?
- Famenne & Art museum© WBT - Denis ErroyauxMarche-En-Famenne
Famenne & Art museumSet in a superb 18th-century house, the Famenne & Art museum is a place full of memories, emotions and respect. It is located in the historical centre of Marche-en-Famenne, in the province de Luxembourg.
- Trails in the Pays de Famenne region© Trail en FamenneMarche-en-Famenne
Trails in the Pays de Famenne regionTrail lovers, rejoice: you will love the Pays de Famenne region, its varied landscape and rich flora.
- Cycling in the province of Luxembourg | Near Durbuy© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteMarche-en-Famenne39 km
Cycling in the province of Luxembourg | Near Durbuy
- A vélo, autour du Château de Lavaux-Sainte-Anne | Balade en province de Namur© WBT - Denis ErroyauxMarche-en-Famenne38 km
A vélo, autour du Château de Lavaux-Sainte-Anne | Balade en province de Namur
- Fourneau Saint-Michel arboretum | Saint-Hubert© PetrucySaint-Hubert
Fourneau Saint-Michel arboretum | Saint-HubertThe Fourneau Saint-Michel arboretum, situated at 320 metres in altitude in the Masblette Valley, is one of the richest in species in Belgium.
- CRIE | Saint-Michel© CRIE du Fourneau Saint-MichelSaint-Hubert
CRIE | Saint-MichelThe CRIE (Centre Régional d'Initiation à l'Environnement du fourneau Saint-Michel) invites to to learn more about this extraordinary site, located in a forest massif.
- Escap'Anes | Donkey rides in Marche-en-Famenne© Alain DantinneMarche-en-Famenne
Escap'Anes | Donkey rides in Marche-en-FamenneLooking for the perfect day out with children? Donley rides guarantee a memorable experience.
- Domaine de Mirwart© WBT - J.P. RemyMirwart
Domaine de MirwartThis stunning estate near Saint-Hubert offers nature-lovers a wealth of green spaces, stretching over 1,350 hectares. The two streams, lined with willows and maple trees are perfect excuses for walks and picnics.
- Guilmin: a colourful visit in Marche-en-Fammene© LDV ProductionMarche-en-Famenne
Guilmin: a colourful visit in Marche-en-FammeneGuilmin, in Marche-en-Famenne, is a family business specialised in preparing paint for building trades.
- Guy Lemaire & Fils: a tree inspired visit© FTLB - P. WillemsCiney
Guy Lemaire & Fils: a tree inspired visitThis nursery specialising in fruit, decorative and large trees can be found near Ciney, in the Province of Namur.
- Le Haras du Sartay in Mirwart© Le Haras du SartayMirwart
Le Haras du Sartay in MirwartPhilippe, Katia and their children will welcome you warmly at their farm horse in Mirwart: a wonderful haven to enjoy nature and relax.
- Between Lesse and Lomme: a 78 km hike in the Ardenne© WBT - S. BurgeonSaint-Hubert
Between Lesse and Lomme: a 78 km hike in the ArdenneThis fantastic hike (78 km in 3 days) offers a full immersion in the Saint-Hubert Woodlands, one of the most beautiful regions of the Ardenne.
- The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valley© WBT-Isabelle HubertyMarche-en-Famenne
The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valleyThe enclosed Fond des Vaulx valley offers 15 hectares of wild landscapes, quite a contrast with the wide spaces of the Marche plain. Fauna, flora and geology in the area are sure to fascinate visitors, let alone the many legends adding a mysterious atmosphere to the area...
- Esprit Aventure in Marche-en-Famenne© Erika MarcialmMarche-En-Famenne
Esprit Aventure in Marche-en-FamenneEsprit Aventure organises outdoor activities led by experts in the Pays de Famenne region.
- Page 1