Take the time to explore the region surrounding Thuin: its towns, villages and beautiful sights simply are picture-perfect.
Attraction & type of activity
- Page 1
- The belfry of Thuin, listed by UNESCO© WBT - David SamynThuin
The belfry of Thuin, listed by UNESCOListed by UNESCO for its remarkable VIIth century architecture, the belfry of Thuin, guarantees a stunning panorama of the region. Visitors get the opportun
- The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-ThuinThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- Ragnies, one of the prettiest villages of Wallonia | Province of Hainaut© Mark RossignolRagnies
Ragnies, one of the prettiest villages of Wallonia | Province of HainautStanding on a limestone plateau in the province of Hainaut, Ragnies is a picturesque village belongs to the commune ot Thuin, in the province of Hainaut.
- The Aulne Abbey© WBT - S. WittenbolGozée
The Aulne AbbeyThe ruins of the Cistercian Aulne Abbey are nestled on the right bank of the Sambre, in a place beautifully called "Vallée de la Paix" or Valley of peace. The atmosphere is indeed very soothing and calls for a pleasant walk.
- Museum of Photography | Charleroi© WBT - Denis ErroyauxMont-sur-Marchienne
Museum of Photography | CharleroiThe Museum of Photography in Charleroi is the most important photography museum in Europe. It features permanent and temporary exhibitions.
- The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in Binche© Musée international du Carnaval et du MasqueBinche
The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in BincheThe Musée International du Carnaval et du Masque de Binche, at the very heart of a city famous for it Carnival characters (named the Gilles), invites you to discover the region's many festivals and traditions.
- Musée de l'Industrie, Bois du Cazier© WBT - J.P. RemyCharleroi
Musée de l'Industrie, Bois du CazierThe Musée de l'Industrie, in the Bois du Cazier, South of Charleroi, takes you back to the industrial revolution era.
- The Glass Museum at the Bois du Cazier© Ville de CharleroiMarcinelle
The Glass Museum at the Bois du CazierThe Glass Museum, at the Bois du Cazier in Marcinelle, retraces five thousand years of art, history and technology.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Barbençon: one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of Hainaut© Mark RossignolBarbençon
Barbençon: one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of HainautBarbençon is a beautiful village with a fascinating past, located in the province of Hainaut, a few kilometres from the French border. Its superb green setting and festive atmosphere are well worth stopping by.
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia© WBT - Denis ErroyauxCharleroi
BPS22, one of the largest art museums in WalloniaThe BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia, stands out with its stunning architecture: an industrial glass and iron casing, built in 1911. Its fascinating program of exhibitions and activities make it an iconic stop for all culture lovers in Charleroi.
- Gemotions, a thrilling scavenger hunt with challenges sent by text© GemotionsAround Wallonia
Gemotions, a thrilling scavenger hunt with challenges sent by textGemotions crates modern scavenger hunts. All you need is a mobile phone: riddles and challenges will be sent by text, a fun way to discover a city, a secret gem, a park, a museum... You can also create your own trail on their website.
- The Spin cablepark: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Pascal PiersonBoussu-lez-Walcourt
The Spin cablepark: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakesThe Spin Cablepark is a waterski lift on a lake instead of a mountain: perfect to enjoy nautical sports and wakeboarding! Go on - dive in...
- Thuin's suprising art trail© WBT - David SamynThuin
Thuin's suprising art trailOrganised in partnership with the BPS22, Thuin's actual art trail reflects the city and its cultural heritage.
- Landscape lovers will fall in love with Thuin's hanging gardens© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteThuin
Landscape lovers will fall in love with Thuin's hanging gardensDeclared Exceptional Heritage of Wallonia, Thuin's hanging gardens offer a rare landscape, enriched with a contemporary art trail.
- Sambre Tourisme© Sambre TourismeThuin
Sambre TourismeThe Haute Sambre is becoming, like the Canal du Midi and Canals of Burgundy, an iconic location for river tourism.
- Discover Thuin and its boat making history at the Thudo Ecomuseum© MT - Pays des LacsThuin
Discover Thuin and its boat making history at the Thudo EcomuseumThuin, once a boatmen's town, reveals part of its history to visitors. Step on board this narrowboat-museum, anchored by the Quai de Sambre and discover what the daily waterway life used to be like in the region.
- Le Clos des Zouaves: Thuin vineyard© Le Clos des Zouaves - ThuinThuin
Le Clos des Zouaves: Thuin vineyardThis vineyard, planted in 2001, streteches over Thuin's suspended gardens. The very first harvest, in 2003, proved a real success. So much that the wine produced has now its own Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée: Côtes de Sambre et Meuse.
- The Maison de l'Imprimerie or Print museum in Thuin© Musée de l'Imprimerie - DLThuin
The Maison de l'Imprimerie or Print museum in ThuinThe Maison de l'ImpThe Maison de l'Imprimerie, an active technical museum dedicated to the paper trades, is home to a large collection of printing equipment. Come and learn more about this fasrimerie, a technical museum in activity dedicated to the paper trades, houses an important collection of printing equipment ....
- Saint-Ursmer collegiate church | Lobbes© Open ChurchesLobbes
Saint-Ursmer collegiate church | LobbesSee the full beauty of the Saint Ursmer collegiate church in the Sambre Valley (Hainaut): the only church in Belgium built in Carolingian times and the oldest in Belgium. Built in the 4th century by the monks of the Lobbes Abbey, it kept its original architecture, softened here and there by Mosan touches.
- Military Cemetry - Heuleu, Lobbes© FTLB - P. WillemsLobbes
Military Cemetry - Heuleu, LobbesThe French military cemetery Heuleu honours the graves of soldiers of the Great War who fell during the fighting in August 1914 ....
- Musée du Miel at Lobbes, discovering bees and honey© FTLB - P. WillemsLobbes
Musée du Miel at Lobbes, discovering bees and honeyThe Honey Museum, a place to discover bees and honey welcomes you on the site of the provincial domain of the Relais de la Haute Sambre in Lobbes ....
- The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueurs© Distillerie de BiercéeRagnies
The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueursVisit the Biercée distillery to learn some of its secrets - like how 10 kg of fresh fruit become a bottle of Eau de Villée...
- The Escafène farm in Ragnies (near Thuin)Ragnies
The Escafène farm in Ragnies (near Thuin)The Escafène farm, in Ragnies (one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia), organises nature activities for children: teaching farm, organic agriculture, donkey rides...
- Ragnies Golf Club, Thudinie Academy and Golf Club© FTLB - P. WillemsRagnies
Ragnies Golf Club, Thudinie Academy and Golf ClubThe Ragnies Golf Club offers you a remarkably well-designed 18-hole course.
- The Aulne Abbey brewery and its restaurant | Gozée© WBT - S. WittenbolGozée
The Aulne Abbey brewery and its restaurant | GozéeThis Belgian artisanal brewery makes certified Acknowledged Belgian Abbey Beer at the heart of the historical ruins of the Cistercian Aulne Abbey.
- Château du Fosteau |Thuin© WBT - D.VasilovThuin
Château du Fosteau |ThuinAt the peak of an undulation towering above the surrounding meadows, can be seen the silhouette of the Château de Fosteau. This imposing 14th-century fortified manor house is still armed with its seven elegant towers.
- Café Leblon | Boats without permits for cruises on the Sambre© JPohlThuin
Café Leblon | Boats without permits for cruises on the SambreCafé Leblon rents boats without permits: a fantastic opportunity to relax on the Sambre, near the Aulne Abbey. On the way back, indulge a refreshing, locally made beer or an ice-cream on the terrace of the establishment.
- Mini cruises between the Aulne abbey and Thuin on a narrowboat© MT - Pays des Lacs - C. CharueFontaine-l'Evêque
Mini cruises between the Aulne abbey and Thuin on a narrowboatAlways fancied a cruise on a narrowboat? Join the captain of the Gavroche (mear the prestigious abbey of Aulne, 10 km of Charleroi and 30 km from France) for a fantastic time on the river. The boat, painted in cheerful colours, offers a wonderful way to admire the villages of Landelies, Erquelinnes, Thuin, Lobbes...
- Landelies Leisure Marina - Montigny© YCHSLandelies
Landelies Leisure Marina - MontignyFounded in 1985, YCHS-Landelies has been managing the Landelies leisure marina and its infrastructures since 1991.
- Labuissière nature reserve© adm com Merbes-le-ChâteauLabuissière
Labuissière nature reserveThe Labuissière nature reserve, South West of Charleroi, stretches over 50 hectares. and features and ictredible mosaic of wet lands.
- Gerardin - Ducharneux: blue stone cutters© Franz GUYOTMerbes-le-Château
Gerardin - Ducharneux: blue stone cuttersGerardin-Ducharneux, near Thuin, opens its workshop to visitors to present the stone cutting trade.
- Visit Le Fond de la Biche, an art workshop near Charleroi© LDV ProductionGoutroux
Visit Le Fond de la Biche, an art workshop near CharleroiLe Fond de la Biche, well isolated from the world, is the perfect place to celebrate creativity. No wonder that artist Geneviève Vanstrade set up her workshop and art (gallery) carriage there...
- NATECOM | A Nature and Environment Centre in Leval-Trahegnies© Natecom asblBinche
NATECOM | A Nature and Environment Centre in Leval-TrahegniesNatecom is a pioneer in Belgium when it comes to promoting Binche's former mine heaps, and has been since 1970. Its Nature and Environment Interpretative Centre aims at helping the public to understand how important protecting the ecosystem is.
- Montignies-Saint-Christophe Roman bridge (Hainaut)© M.T. Pays des LacsMontignies-Saint-Christophe
Montignies-Saint-Christophe Roman bridge (Hainaut)This 13 arches (each a full hanger) masterpiece, made of limestone, was built on part of the Roman road linking Bavay to Trèves (commune of Montignies-Saint-Christophe). Nicknamed "Roman bridge" for its location, it actually dates back to the Middle Ages.
- Nelson Mandela Park | Monceau-sur-Sambre© Gina SantinMonceau-sur-Sambre
Nelson Mandela Park | Monceau-sur-SambreThis 67-hectare park, in Monceau-sur-Sambre (Hainaut), is well worth the detour. 28 didactic panels, along the path, give information about the various trees planted there.
- The Bonne-Espérance abbey at Vellereille-les-Brayeux (Hainaut)© FTLB - P. WillemsVellereille-Les-Brayeux
The Bonne-Espérance abbey at Vellereille-les-Brayeux (Hainaut)This superb abbey, founded in 1126 in the countryside near Binche, is the only one in the Hainaut region to have survived the French Revolution intact.
- The mill of the Bonne-Espérance abbey© FTLB - P. WillemsVellereille-Les-Brayeux
The mill of the Bonne-Espérance abbeyThe Bonne Espérance abbey, built in the 12h century, became home to a mill, brewery and bakery in the 18th century. They still produce artisanal products, well worth stopping by!
- Go paddling or kayaking on the Haute-Sambre with Nature Evasion© AKPErquelinnes
Go paddling or kayaking on the Haute-Sambre with Nature EvasionExplore the Haute-Sambre with Nature Evasion. There is a wide range of activities to choose from - kayaking and stand up paddling included.
- La Binchoise: a brewery almost as famous as the local Carnival© WBT - Emmanuel MathezBinche
La Binchoise: a brewery almost as famous as the local CarnivalLa Binchoise is a craft brewery in Binche, a city known worldwide for its Carnaval des Gilles.
- Bressant: artisanal chocolate Beaumont© Pixel2013 / PixabayBeaumont
Bressant: artisanal chocolate BeaumontThe artisanal chocolate shop Bressant, in Beaumont, offers a delicious range of chocolate creations and sweet treats, all presented in original boxes.
- The Rockerill: an industrial site turned into an alternative cultural space© Charleroi communication - Luc DenruyterMarchienne-au-Pont
The Rockerill: an industrial site turned into an alternative cultural spaceCharleroi decided to turn its industrial sites dating from the 19th century into fascinating artistic stages: a wonderful way to show how dynamic the city is and give the visitors a unique experience.
- The Binche Belfy, listed by UNESCO© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteBinche
The Binche Belfy, listed by UNESCOThe Binche belfry, part of the town hall, was built in the 14th century.
- Guided tours of Binche© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteBinche
Guided tours of BincheLed by a guide, discover the town centre of Binche, its museums and neighbourhoods.
- Cycling in Wallonia: canals and UNESCO gems in Hainaut© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteBinche38 km
Cycling in Wallonia: canals and UNESCO gems in Hainaut
- Tour Salamandre© Office du Tourisme de BeaumontBeaumont
Tour SalamandreLast relic of the fortified enclosure that once surrounded the town of Beaumont, the Salamandre Tower houses a small museum of local history ...
- Page 1