War history, Celts and Gauls, monasteries, quarries, terroir, traditions, folklore and family fun: there is a museum for everyone in the Ardenne.
- Page 1
- The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through time© Musée des Celtes-LibramontLibramont
The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through timeTravel back to a distant past, to Celtic time. The Musée des Celtes de Libramont will teach you about their daily life, beliefs and society structure through the rich archaeological heritage they left behind: dishes, tools, jewels... Conclude your journey with a didactic walk through the Bonance forest reserve.
- Walking on the moon: the Euro Space Center© Euro Space CenterTransinne
Walking on the moon: the Euro Space CenterIn this amazing centre exploring space, training like an astronaut and floating around using simulators truly is an out of this world experience. This great centre challenges you to learn to live in space and build your own rocket for a galactic mission. Euro Space Center is a planet everyone who dreams of galaxies and
- MUDIA, a didactic art museum in Redu© MUDIA - Vassily Kandinsky, Les arabes, 1909Redu
MUDIA, a didactic art museum in ReduMark the date in your agenda! The museum MUDIA, featuring over 300 pieces from the Renaissance to the contemporary era, will open its doors in Redu (Province of Luxembourg) in September. Be prepared to see art from a different angle in Wallonia.
- The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in Bastogne© Claudy RaskinBastogne
The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in BastogneThese two museums, at the very heart of Bastogne, will reveal the magic of the Ardenne traditions and culture, from the ethnographic heritage to religious craft.
- The Godefroid de Bouillon Archéoscope© Archéoscope Godefroid de BouillonBouillon
The Godefroid de Bouillon ArchéoscopeThe Archéoscope Godefroid de Bouillon will take you onto an incredible immersive journey: the history of the very first crusade...
- The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museum© WBT - David SamynHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museumA fascinating exhibition presents 50 years of underwater excavations in the river Lesse
- Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in Wallonia© WBT - David SamynBouillon
Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in WalloniaBuilt on three rock pitons overlooking the Semois river, the Bouillon Castle is a remarkable monument in the province of Luxembourg, retracing almost a thousand years of history and military architecture.
- Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countryside© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countrysideHan 1900 is a museum space dedicated to life in the countryside in the beginning of the 20th century. Nestled in the village of Han-sur-Lesse, in the province of Namur, it offers a wonderful insight of what the life of farmers in Wallonia used to be like.
- Bastogne War Museum: a WW2 commemorative centre© TemporaBastogne
Bastogne War Museum: a WW2 commemorative centreThis cultural centre, dedicated to the second world war, offers an incredible immersion into the Battle of the Bulge. 4 characters, civilians and soldiers, guide the visitors through the galleries, sharing their story as they go along. An interactive, modern presentation sure to wow children and adults alike.
- The centre of rail and stone in Jemelle© asbl Fous des RailsJemelle
The centre of rail and stone in JemelleA stone's throw from Rochefort, this museum covers the many facets of the Belgian railway network and limestone.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in Bastogne© Erbs55Bastogne
Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in BastogneLocated in Bastogne (Ardenne), this interactive museum offers a wealth of information on wool, and forgotten trades.
- The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in Rochefort© Val de LesseLavaux-Sainte-Anne
The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in RochefortThe castle of Lavaux-Saint-Anne, its three museums, its park and gardens in the province of Namur are sure to enchant you. This magnificent castle on the plain of Wallonia is a mere 16 km from Rochefort, 23 from the French border.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- Gres de la Roche: the Ardennes over time© Grès de La RocheLa Roche-En-Ardenne
Gres de la Roche: the Ardennes over timeLa Roche-en-Ardenne and its Grès de la Roche museums offer a real journey through time. The reconstituted decors prove perfect to discover the traditions of yesteryear.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeÉrezée
CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeOnce quite abundant in the Ourthe, salmon had in 1935 entirely disappeared from our waterways. A passionate team is now working at reintroducing the species back into our rivers. Discover this fascinating odyssey in Erezée, just 10 km from RIVEO (Hotton)
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© WBT - Bruno D_AlimonteWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- In this extra-ordinary museum dedicated to phones, the oldest model dates back to 1890© Pixabay - Alexas_FotosPetitvoir
In this extra-ordinary museum dedicated to phones, the oldest model dates back to 1890Emile Thinès, owner and founder of the Telephone museum, used to work in a telephone company. After having collected, for over 20 years, a wide range of phones, he decided to share his passion and put them on show.
- The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museums© WBT - J.P.RemySaint-Hubert
The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museumsThe Fourneau Saint-Michel estate, nestled in the Saint Hubert forest, is home to 2 exceptional sites: the Museum of Country Life and the Iron Museum.
- The Centre Ardenne observatory in Grapfontaine© Observatoire Centre ArdenneGrapfontaine
The Centre Ardenne observatory in GrapfontaineThe Centre Ardenne observatory, in Neufchâteau, opens its doors to everyone: those discovering stars and the universe as well as professionals wishing to analyse space a little further.
- Pierre-Joseph Redouté museum© FTLB - P. WillemsSaint-Hubert
Pierre-Joseph Redouté museumThe Museum cultivates the memory of Pierre-Joseph Redouté, known worldwide for its paintings of roses. The site was built in front of where the artist's house, destroyed during WW2, once stood.
- CRIE | Saint-Michel© CRIE du Fourneau Saint-MichelSaint-Hubert
CRIE | Saint-MichelThe CRIE (Centre Régional d'Initiation à l'Environnement du fourneau Saint-Michel) invites to to learn more about this extraordinary site, located in a forest massif.
- The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries await© Céline DemelenneLes Hayons
The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries awaitThe Ferme des Fées (the Fairies' farm) near Bouillon invites you to discover a world of legends, a journey to the 19th century Ardenne.
- Paysalia: the Paysage de la Lorraine gaumaise interpretative centre© SI FlorenvilleFlorenville
Paysalia: the Paysage de la Lorraine gaumaise interpretative centreThe Paysage de la Lorraine gaumaise interpretative centre offers the chance to discover its fascinating region, rich in cultural heritage.
- 101st Airborne Museum© 101st Abn MuseumBastogne
101st Airborne MuseumIn the heart of Bastogne, this museum features a rich collection of objects from the Second World War, the Battle of the Bulge...
- Bastogne Barracks - a fascinating WW2 interpretation centre© Bastogne BarracksBastogne
Bastogne Barracks - a fascinating WW2 interpretation centreThe former US headquarters set up by legendary General McAuliffe in December 1944 is now a WW2 interpretation centre.
- Bouillon Ducal Museum© David SamynBouillon
Bouillon Ducal MuseumNear the castle of Godefroid de Bouillon, the Ducal Museum overlooks the Semois and occupies two listed buildings dating from the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in Mageroy© MTHSFA MC MarchalHabay
Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in MageroyMageroy is one of the very rare archaeological sites to remain open to the public throughout the year while excavations are still taking place. Even better, visitors can join scientists and help with the digs.
- The Agri-musée: keeping the memory of agricultural life in times past alive© FTLB - P. WillemsRochehaut
The Agri-musée: keeping the memory of agricultural life in times past alivet took almost 30 years to gather the 5,000 items now featured in the AGRI-MUSEE in Rochehaut. This memory of agricultural life in times past also aims at keeping this incredible know-how alive, share this knowledge, create emotions and reconnect the visitors with nature...
- Vresse-sur-Semois and its wooden reproduction of the Le Belge locomotive© Michel WalVresse-sur-Semois
Vresse-sur-Semois and its wooden reproduction of the Le Belge locomotiveThis wooden reproduction of a locomotive is quite an unexpected find in the centre of Vresse, a village with no railway past. This unique art piece feature in full size the very first machine built in Belgium by John Cockerill. Named "Le Belge", it was operational from 1885 onward.
- The 'Battle of the Ardennes' Museum© WBT - J.P. RemyLa Roche-En-Ardenne
The 'Battle of the Ardennes' MuseumThe Battle of the Bulge Museum's impressive collections, spread over 3 floors, are fully dedicated to the history of the Second World War.
- Famenne & Art museum© WBT - Denis ErroyauxMarche-En-Famenne
Famenne & Art museumSet in a superb 18th-century house, the Famenne & Art museum is a place full of memories, emotions and respect. It is located in the historical centre of Marche-en-Famenne, in the province de Luxembourg.
- The Voyage au cœur de l'Attert visitor centre© Marie BlanckaertAttert
The Voyage au cœur de l'Attert visitor centreThe Voyage au coeur de l'Attert centre will help you discover the Attert Valley, its many marked paths, discovery trail and activities
- Montauban: nature, history and contemporary art© L.CharlierEtalle
Montauban: nature, history and contemporary artThe site is divided into two sections. The bottom one is a real green haven: its streams helped local industries to develop in the past. The upper side includes the lapidary museum, a surprising construction.
- Arlon's Archaeological Museum© FTLB - P. WillemsArlon
Arlon's Archaeological MuseumThis Archaeological Museum features a Gallo Roman section made quite unique by its Galleria Lapidaria. Add 425 sculpture from funerary monuments and civilian buildings: quite a fascinating journey through time...
- The Gaspar Museum, Arlon© Musée GasparArlon
The Gaspar Museum, Arlon
- The Musée gaumais in Virton© M.LaurentVirton
The Musée gaumais in VirtonThis exceptional museum in the province of Luxembourg presents archeology, art, civil and religious ethnography, industrial and popular art, folklore legends, regional furniture and traditions, all linked to the Gaume region.
- The museums of the Latour village© Jo ExelmansLatour
The museums of the Latour villageLatour may look like a peaceful little village in the Pays de Gaume, proud of an exceptional cultural heritage. The first and second world war scarred it deeply, as its cultural spaces will reveal. This charming location is well worth a detour.
- Musée du Cycle© FTLB - P. WillemsArlon
Musée du CycleMore than 150 pieces retrace the history of cycling, from the bike rider to the Grand-Bi diving bike, velocipede Michaux, system bikes, tandem, tricycles
- The Defroidmont chocolate museum and chocolate factory in Erezée© WBT - Caroline RaseErezée
The Defroidmont chocolate museum and chocolate factory in ErezéeArtisan Chocolatier Philippe Defroidmont reveals his secrets in its Durbuy and Erezée boutiques. The museum, visit and tasting promise a full chocolate experience.
- Moutarde Bister: a mustard factory in Achêne© LDV ProductionAchêne
Moutarde Bister: a mustard factory in AchêneSituated in the province of Namur, this mustard factory & its museum reveal the secrets of the Imperial Mustard created in 1926 by François Bister.
- Manhay History 44 Museum© WBT - P. MareeManhay
Manhay History 44 MuseumThe museum vividly tells the story of the Battle of Manhay (part of the Battle of the Bulge) from 23 December 1944 to the liberation of the last villages in January 1945.
- Musée de la 83rd Infantry Division at Bihain© FTLB - P. WillemsVielsalm
Musée de la 83rd Infantry Division at BihainDiscover this small museum dedicated to the 83rd American Infantry Division which participated in the Battle of the Ardennes a few kilometres from Vielsalm
- The Brasserie Caracole in Falmignoul© Brasserie CaracoleFalmignoul
The Brasserie Caracole in FalmignoulDiscover the secrets of the barley whisperers. While visiting the region of Dinant, make sure you check out the tanks heated on wood fire.
- Durbuy's Museum of modern and contemporary art© P. WillemsDurbuy
Durbuy's Museum of modern and contemporary artThe MAMCD was created in 2018 to offer a new angle on Durbuy: a cultural rather than touristic one. Nestled in the Halle aux Blés, a building listed as main heritage of Wallonia, at the heart of the old part of Durbuy, this museum features Marcel Lucas's work as well as temporary exhibitions promoting Belgian artists.
- Page 1