Hikes, underground caves, wildlife parks, quarries, nature maze, miradors, cycling trails... The Ardenne offer many opportunities to reconnect with nature, solo, with friends or family. Let us inspire your new adventure:
Attraction & type of activity
- Page 1
- A discovery trail to discover the picturesque villages of the Ardenne© Mark RossignolSaint-Hubert
A discovery trail to discover the picturesque villages of the ArdenneFollow the road starting in Saint-Hubert to discover five beautiful villages in the region: Gros-Fays, Our, Mirwart, Laforêt and Sohier. This 70 km route overlooks stunning landscapes: a wonderful opportunity to discover the Ardenne of yesteryear along the modern one.
- The Maison de la Randonnée - GTA Belgique© I. JusseretSainte-Ode
The Maison de la Randonnée - GTA BelgiqueLa Maison de la Randonnée helps hikers plan their itineraries to makes the most of the stunning landscapes the country offers.
- The Ourthe and Laval valleys long hike© WBT - Caroline RaseSainte-Ode
The Ourthe and Laval valleys long hikeThe Ourthe and Laval valleys trail is one of the longest hiking routes in the Ardennes... and a fantastic opportunity to discover the Deux Ourthes nature park. The 5 loops This adventure can be divided in 5 loops. starting from Sainte-Ode, at the edge of the Saint-Hubert forest: • The Girolle trail (17.8 km) • The Cèp
- The Transardennaise: hiking from La Roche-en-Ardenne to Bouillon in 7 stages© Snapwire SnapsSainte-Ode
The Transardennaise: hiking from La Roche-en-Ardenne to Bouillon in 7 stagesThis 160 km itinerary going is the first long GTA hike going through the Ardenne Going from La-Roche-en-Ardenne to Bouillon, it is considered one of the most beautiful walks in Belgium.
- Our, one of the most beautiful villages in Wallonia | Province of Luxembourg© Commune de PaliseulPaliseul
Our, one of the most beautiful villages in Wallonia | Province of LuxembourgThe picturesque village of Our, with its sandstone buildings, typical of the Ardenne, and the Saint-Laurent church, listed as a historical monument, is sure to steal your heart.
- The Epioux nature reserve© WBT - Caroline RaseFlorenville
The Epioux nature reserveThis nature reserve, composed of 5 lakes and charming forests, stretches over 10 hectares in Florenville.
- The Hat rocks in Chiny | a fantastic viewpoint on the Semois river© WBT - Caroline RaseChiny
The Hat rocks in Chiny | a fantastic viewpoint on the Semois riverThe Hat rocks offer a stunning panorama of the Semois river and its meanders. A clearly marked path starting in Chiny will get you to this viewpoint.
- Gaume Nature Park© PNDG - A. LegerRossignol
Gaume Nature ParkThe Parc Naturel de Gaume aims at protecting and valorising the region's natural gems and its villages' cultural heritage.
- BrandSport: adventure sports in the Ardenne© PixabayLa Roche-en-Ardenne
BrandSport: adventure sports in the ArdenneBrandsport organises adventure sports activities, lessons and teambuilding sessins near La Roche en Ardenne (Begian Luxembourg).
- A speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
A speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de HanA new speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de Han gives visitors the chance to explore caves never opened to the public before.
- The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museum© WBT - David SamynHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museumA fascinating exhibition presents 50 years of underwater excavations in the river Lesse
- A walk in the Wildlife Nature Reserve by the Caves of Han© WBT - David SamynHan-sur-Lesse
A walk in the Wildlife Nature Reserve by the Caves of HanTake a walk through the Wildlife Nature Reserve in Han sur Lesse. A 5 km hiking trail offers a wonderful opportunity to see animals up close.
- The Han Wildlife Reserve© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Han Wildlife ReserveVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- The Caves of Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- UNESCO Global Geopark Famenne-Ardenne© Geopark Famenne ArdenneRochefort
UNESCO Global Geopark Famenne-ArdenneWallonia now has its very own UNESCO geopark, in Famenne-Ardenne. Discover how stunning and varied the landscapes of the regions are: a perfect day out with friends and family.
- Parc Naturel de la Haute-Sûre et de la Forêt d'Anlier© Mathieu PecheurMartelange
Parc Naturel de la Haute-Sûre et de la Forêt d'AnlierThe Parc Naturel Haute-Sûre Forêt d'Anlier, in the province of Luxembourg, is shaped around the Haute Sûre basin and the Anlier forest.
- Sohier, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of Luxembourg© Mark RossignolSohier
Sohier, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of LuxembourgAmid woodlands, meadows and fields, Sohier stands out beautifully. In spring and summer, the village is filled with blooms, framing the architecture perfectly. Come, take a gentle stroll through its pretty streets or terroir market or join its beer festival for a bubbly time.
- The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritage© Grotte de LoretteRochefort
The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritageThe Cave of Lorette, part of the Caves of Han domain, can be found in the province of Namur, only 300 m from the centre of Rochefort.
- Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in Bastogne© Erbs55Bastogne
Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in BastogneLocated in Bastogne (Ardenne), this interactive museum offers a wealth of information on wool, and forgotten trades.
- The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in Rochefort© Val de LesseLavaux-Sainte-Anne
The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in RochefortThe castle of Lavaux-Saint-Anne, its three museums, its park and gardens in the province of Namur are sure to enchant you. This magnificent castle on the plain of Wallonia is a mere 16 km from Rochefort, 23 from the French border.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- Ardenne Aventures: fun activities in La Roche en Ardenne© Ardenne AventuresLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Ardenne Aventures: fun activities in La Roche en ArdenneKayak down the Ourthe at your own pace and enjoy being surrounded by nature. This activity can be done all year round (special equipment in winter). Choose from one or 2 seat kayaks.
- Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in Ardenne© C.T.La Roche-en-Ardenne
Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in ArdenneLe Parc à gibier de La Roche is a wonderful opportunity to discover the animals - cute or impressive - living in the Ardenne forest. The perfect family day out!
- Parc naturel de la Vallée de l'Attert© Olivier OswaldAttert
Parc naturel de la Vallée de l'AttertLocated between Arlon and Martelange, the Parc naturel de la Vallée de l'Attert enjoys a privileged space between the Anlier forest (Ardenne) and the cuestas of the Pays Lorrain, Perfect to reconnect with nature.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- The Deux Ourthes nature park (Province of Luxembourg)© Parc naturel des deux OurthesHouffalize
The Deux Ourthes nature park (Province of Luxembourg)The Deux Ourthes nature park can be found in the north-west part of the Province of Luxembourg, along the Grand Ducal border and includes 6 communes: Bertogne, Gouvy, Houffalize, La Roche-en-Ardenne, Sainte-Ode and Tenneville.
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- The Transgaumaise | A fantastic trail through the Gaume region© WBT - Caroline RaseVirton
The Transgaumaise | A fantastic trail through the Gaume regionHiking shoes, comfy sports clothes, walking sticks.... That's it, you're ready for the Transgaumaise, a fantastic 140 km trail (which can be cut into 6 segments) showing off stunning landscapes, picturesque villages, museums and terroir delights.
- The Transgaumaise | A roadtrip itinierary through the Gaume region© WBT - Caroline RaseVirton
The Transgaumaise | A roadtrip itinierary through the Gaume regionThe Transgaumaise is a famous trail through the Gaume region. But if you don't feel up to so much hiking, rejoice: here is a roadtrip version.
- CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeÉrezée
CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeOnce quite abundant in the Ourthe, salmon had in 1935 entirely disappeared from our waterways. A passionate team is now working at reintroducing the species back into our rivers. Discover this fascinating odyssey in Erezée, just 10 km from RIVEO (Hotton)
- A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near Dinant© Parc de FurfoozFurfooz
A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near DinantThe Furfooz park, in the province of Namur, invites you to discover its archaeological, geological and natural heritage. This family-friendly stroll offers lovely views on the Lesse river.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- Parc Dinant Aventure: a tree top challenge© JP SedranAnseremme
Parc Dinant Aventure: a tree top challengeThe Parc de Dinant Aventure, which overlooks the Lesse and Meuse valleys, offers thrilling adventures in a stunning natural setting.
- The Parc des Topiaires, a fascinating topiary garden in Durbuy© Atelier Environnement ASBLDurbuy
The Parc des Topiaires, a fascinating topiary garden in DurbuyThe largest topiary garden open to the public can be found in Durbuy, the smallest town in the world.
- Château and Vineyard Bon Baron at Lustin© Denis KarpenkovSorinnes
Château and Vineyard Bon Baron at LustinDiscover a vineyard which brings together a diversity of grape varieties offering a great range of wines. Enjoy local products from the region of Lustin
- Lesse Kayaks: Dinant Evasion's kayaks and canoes© DINANT EvasionDinant
Lesse Kayaks: Dinant Evasion's kayaks and canoesThe Lesse slaloms through stunning landscapes speckled with medieval castles, prehistoric caves, audacious rock formations... These unique views, which can only be enjoyed, from kayaking or canoeing along the river, guarantee the perfect day out with friends or family.
- Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)© WBT – Dominik KetzHastière
Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)Freÿr sur Meuse, a Renaissance castle with stunning gardens, is part of Wallonia's protected architectural heritage.
- The Labyrinthe de Durbuy, a mind wowing park in Belgium© Asbl LabytourismeBarvaux
The Labyrinthe de Durbuy, a mind wowing park in BelgiumThis off the beaten path theme park is set in nature in the Province of Luxembourg, only 30 minutes from Namur and Liège and 1 hour from Brussels.
- Compagnie des Croisières Mosanes, river cruises in Dinant© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
Compagnie des Croisières Mosanes, river cruises in DinantAll aboard for one of the most beautiful river cruises on the Meuse! Come and discover the Haute-Meuse region and its stunning landscapes.
- La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-Hubert© FTLB P.WillemsFreux
La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-HubertVisit a unique, organic fish farm in Belgium and discover how trouts and Atlantic salmons are grown. This impressive estate in Libramont-Chevigny has no less than 30 ponds.
- Tronquoy orchard© Le verger de TronquoyTronquoy
Tronquoy orchardPlanted in 1990, this conservatory orchard in Tronquoy preserves native fruit bearing trees.
- The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museums© WBT - J.P.RemySaint-Hubert
The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museumsThe Fourneau Saint-Michel estate, nestled in the Saint Hubert forest, is home to 2 exceptional sites: the Museum of Country Life and the Iron Museum.
- Safranloy | Saffron and aromatic herbs in Anloy© SafranloyLibin
Safranloy | Saffron and aromatic herbs in AnloyLaure and Alain opened Belgium's very first organic saffron farm four years ago. Why not stop by and meet these two nature lovers?
- The Bertrix arboretum© Arboretum de BertrixBertrix
The Bertrix arboretumThis 4-hectare arboretum can be found on a plain in the woodlands between Bertrix and Herbeumont, at an altitude of 420 metres.
- The Centre Ardenne observatory in Grapfontaine© Observatoire Centre ArdenneGrapfontaine
The Centre Ardenne observatory in GrapfontaineThe Centre Ardenne observatory, in Neufchâteau, opens its doors to everyone: those discovering stars and the universe as well as professionals wishing to analyse space a little further.
- A stunning woodland walk in Laneuville-au-Bois© WBT-Pierre PauquaySaint-Hubert12 km
A stunning woodland walk in Laneuville-au-Bois
- Page 1