Hikes, underground caves, wildlife parks, quarries, nature maze, miradors, cycling trails... The Ardenne offer many opportunities to reconnect with nature, solo, with friends or family. Let us inspire your new adventure:
Label, certification or network
- La Ferme des Frênes - Biofarm | Cens© WBT - S.BurgeonCens
La Ferme des Frênes - Biofarm | CensIn Saint Hubert (Ardenne). Frênes-Biofarm has adopted an organic philosophy- as much for cereals and hay than for the animals grazing in its meadows. The meat, of course, proves amazingly flavoursome...
- BrandSport: adventure sports in the Ardenne© WBT - Caroline RaseLa Roche-en-Ardenne
BrandSport: adventure sports in the ArdenneBrandsport organises adventure sports activities, lessons and teambuilding sessins near La Roche en Ardenne (Begian Luxembourg).
- Paysalia: the Paysage de la Lorraine gaumaise interpretative centre© SI FlorenvilleFlorenville
Paysalia: the Paysage de la Lorraine gaumaise interpretative centreThe Paysage de la Lorraine gaumaise interpretative centre offers the chance to discover its fascinating region, rich in cultural heritage.
- La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gem© WBT - Caroline RaseFlorenville
La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gemLa Roche à l'Appel, by the French border, is a fascinating geological curiosity found in one of the main natural reserves in Ardenne and Gaume. The site presents itself as a chaotic pile of conglomerate stones (Fépin's pudding stone), right in the Muno forest.
- X-Cape Evasion Martué in Florenville | Sport, nature and adventure© WBT - Caroline Rase
X-Cape Evasion Martué in Florenville | Sport, nature and adventureEvasion Martué organises adventure days and events combining sports and nature for companies and individuals. Expect exceptional sites and a bespoke program.
- Bouillon's zoological park© WBT - Caroline RaseBouillon
Bouillon's zoological parkThis zoological park in Bouillon (Belgian Luxembourg) features no less than 90 different species, which visitors can admire along a 2 km trail.
- Joce des Abeilles | An apiary in Bastogne© WBT - Caroline RaseBastogne
Joce des Abeilles | An apiary in BastogneHives, flowers, bees, and honey! Jocelyne introduces you to the world of beekeepers and the remarkable work of bees in Bastogne.
- The Fromagerie du Marronnier© APAQ-W – Ferme du MarronnierMuno
The Fromagerie du MarronnierDiscover how dairy products (such as cheese and butter) are made in the Ardenne. Marc and Ariane will welcome your warmly and share their passion with you.
- The fascinating legend of Mousny's white stones© Colette MottetMousny
The fascinating legend of Mousny's white stonesMousny is famous for its blancs cailloux or white stones, beautiful pieces of white quartz, scattered in the countryside, similar to menhirs.
- Esprit de l'Ane | Donkey rides in La Roche-en-Ardenne© WBT - Caroline RaseLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Esprit de l'Ane | Donkey rides in La Roche-en-ArdenneL'Esprit de l'Ane, a charity dedicated to donkeys, was created by Kelly and Geoffrey who have provided a home to 14 of these adorable animals. Passionate about nature, they organise courses, rides and walks in La Roche-en-Ardenne and its region.
- Discover the forest massif of the Semois and Houille© Flaviu BoerescuBouillon
Discover the forest massif of the Semois and HouilleDiscover the forest massif of the Semois and Houille and its many local characters with your family. There are 8 trails to enjoy, all year round. Gedinne, Florenville, Vresse-sur-Semois, Bièvre, Paliseul, Bertrix, Bouillon and Herbeumont no name a few locations - all will reveal a rich natural, cultural and historical
- A speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
A speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de HanA new speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de Han gives visitors the chance to explore caves never opened to the public before.
- Chèvrerie du Moulin du Wez© Chevrerie du moulin du wezLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Chèvrerie du Moulin du WezIn this beautiful region of La Roche-en-Ardennes, Chèvrerie du Moulin du Wez offers various goat cheeses from organic farming.
- The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museum© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museumA fascinating exhibition presents 50 years of underwater excavations in the river Lesse
- Hiking in Wallonia: along the river in Botassart© WBT - J.P. RemyBouillon13 km
Hiking in Wallonia: along the river in Botassart
- A walk in the Wildlife Nature Reserve by the Caves of Han© WBT - David SamynHan-sur-Lesse
A walk in the Wildlife Nature Reserve by the Caves of HanTake a walk through the Wildlife Nature Reserve in Han sur Lesse. A 5 km hiking trail offers a wonderful opportunity to see animals up close.
- Domain des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Domain des Grottes de HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- The Han Wildlife Reserve© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Han Wildlife ReserveVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- UNESCO Global Geopark Famenne-Ardenne© Geopark Famenne ArdenneRochefort
UNESCO Global Geopark Famenne-ArdenneWallonia now has its very own UNESCO geopark, in Famenne-Ardenne. Discover how stunning and varied the landscapes of the regions are: a perfect day out with friends and family.
- A walk through the Lesse valley© Le Moulin de ResteigneRochefort
A walk through the Lesse valleyThis lovely trail between the villages of Resteigne and Belvaux, will take you through the Lesse valley and Niaux woodlands.
- A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | Lomprez© WBT - S.BurgeonWellin
A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | LomprezNear the village of Welin, the Natagora nature space offers a short - but delightful - walk in a wetland area, where the Ave stream overflows.
- The Asinerie de l'O: a donkey farm in Habay© WBT - Caroline RaseHabay-la-Vieille
The Asinerie de l'O: a donkey farm in HabayL'asinerie de l'O offers a cheerful, countryside setting where everyone is welcome: children, teenagers, families, visitors with specific need, groups...
- Parc Naturel de la Haute-Sûre et de la Forêt d'Anlier© Mathieu PecheurMartelange
Parc Naturel de la Haute-Sûre et de la Forêt d'AnlierThe Parc Naturel Haute-Sûre Forêt d'Anlier, in the province of Luxembourg, is shaped around the Haute Sûre basin and the Anlier forest.
- The Botanical and geographical arboretum of Bouillon© WBT - Caroline RaseBouillon
The Botanical and geographical arboretum of BouillonCreated in 1906, this geographical and botanical arboretum stretches over 2 hectares and features 150 different species (native and exotic combines, hardwoods and softwoods).
- Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)© P. VanderoostHabay
Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)Located at the heart of the Chiny forest (province of Luxembourg), the Vierre lake, also known as the Suxy dam, offers a splendid nature area. Visitors can fish there - carps, mainly, but also trout, tenches, roaches and perches.
- Sohier, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of Luxembourg© Mark RossignolSohier
Sohier, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of LuxembourgAmid woodlands, meadows and fields, Sohier stands out beautifully. In spring and summer, the village is filled with blooms, framing the architecture perfectly. Come, take a gentle stroll through its pretty streets or terroir market or join its beer festival for a bubbly time.
- Hiking in Wallonia: a WW2 memorial walk in Bastogne© FTLB/P.WillemsBastogne17 km
Hiking in Wallonia: a WW2 memorial walk in Bastogne
- La Maison de la Pêche du Luxembourg in Habay-la-Neuve© Thierry ThieltgenHabay-la-Neuve
La Maison de la Pêche du Luxembourg in Habay-la-NeuveLa Bourriche association promotes fishing in Wallonia and has opened an interpretative centre to raise awareness and inform the public about this fascinating activity: la Maison de la Pêche du Luxembourg.
- The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritage© Grotte de LoretteRochefort
The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritageThe Cave of Lorette, part of the Caves of Han domain, can be found in the province of Namur, only 300 m from the centre of Rochefort.
- Le foie gras de Floumont | La Roche-en-Ardenne© P.WILLEMS - FTLBOrtho
Le foie gras de Floumont | La Roche-en-ArdenneIn the heart of the Ardennes, Eric and Christina produce an exceptional, artisanal foie gras as well as a range of mullet duck products.
- 5 to 10 km hikes | Discovering the Calestienne region© WBT-David SamynWellin
5 to 10 km hikes | Discovering the Calestienne regionAlong this lovely walk starting in Wellin, you will learn more about geology, history, fauna, flora and even discover picturesque villages.
- Bois Jacques, Fox Holes and Bois de la Paix | Bastogne© WBT - Caroline RaseBastogne
Bois Jacques, Fox Holes and Bois de la Paix | BastogneThe Bois Jacques is known for is Fox Holes where soldiers used to hide. Nearby is the Bois de la Paix, a tribute to WW2 veterans.
- Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in Bastogne© AnimalaineBastogne
Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in BastogneLocated in Bastogne (Ardenne), this interactive museum offers a wealth of information on wool, and forgotten trades.
- Kayak down the river with Semois Kayaks© Semois KayaksPoupehan
Kayak down the river with Semois KayaksEnjoy kayaking down the Semois with friends or family - the perfect way to take in the stunning landscapes of the valley and the Belgian Ardennes.
- The Schumer-Widart farm© J.WidartBastogne
The Schumer-Widart farmThe Schumer-Widart farm raise its cattle in Bastogne and invites you to share their passion.
- The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in Rochefort© Val de LesseLavaux-Sainte-Anne
The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in RochefortThe castle of Lavaux-Saint-Anne, its three museums, its park and gardens in the province of Namur are sure to enchant you. This magnificent castle on the plain of Wallonia is a mere 16 km from Rochefort, 23 from the French border.
- The bison farm (Recogne)© WBT - Caroline RaseBastogne
The bison farm (Recogne)Let this vibrant nature site in Recogne (Ardenne), home to 200 bison, wow you...
- Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-Semois© Morgane Vander LindenAlle-sur-Semois
Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-SemoisDiscover the exceptional setting of one of the last Belgian slate quarries.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- The Walloon Trappist Abbeys Long Hike: Chimay, Rochefort and Orval© WBT - Olivier LegardienVillers-devant-Orval290 km
The Walloon Trappist Abbeys Long Hike: Chimay, Rochefort and Orval
- Farm of Comogne, organic farm selling mare's milk in Beauraing© WBT - Caroline RaseRochefort
Farm of Comogne, organic farm selling mare's milk in BeauraingLocated in the province of Namur, this organic farm produces mare's milk and offers guided tours.
- Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formation© A.ReuterTintigny
Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formationThis singular rock owes its geologic quality to its formation process. The Grand Cron de Lahage is a remarkable protected site, with an impressive 20 metres height.
- Car-free | Marche - Liège© WBT - Hikeup/RailtripMarche-en-Famenne
Car-free | Marche - Liège
- Deister Hill arboretum and woodlands | La Roche-en-Ardenne© WBT - Caroline RaseLa Roche-En-Ardenne
Deister Hill arboretum and woodlands | La Roche-en-ArdenneLocated on the Deister Hill, this lovely arboretum and woodland enjoys a fantastic view over La Roche-en-Ardenne. Nature lovers can discover 4 different types of trees on site.
- Outdoor Centre, descente de l'Ourthe© WBT - J.P. RemyLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Outdoor Centre, descente de l'Ourthe
- The Transardennaise: hiking from La Roche-en-Ardenne to Bouillon in 7 stages© Snapwire SnapsLa Roche-en-Ardenne160 km
The Transardennaise: hiking from La Roche-en-Ardenne to Bouillon in 7 stages
- The Nisramont lake and dam (La Roche-en-Ardenne)© WBT - Caroline RaseNisramont
The Nisramont lake and dam (La Roche-en-Ardenne)The Ardenne enjoys amazing natural sites, the lake of Nisrasmont for example. Perfect for hikes and water fun... Make sure to visit the dam too.
- SUP-Ardennen | Stand-up paddle boarding on the Nisramont lake© WBT - Caroline RaseHouffalize
SUP-Ardennen | Stand-up paddle boarding on the Nisramont lakeLove paddle boarding? Come and reconnect with nature on the Nisrasmont lake, at the confluence of the Deux Ourthes. Beginners are welcome to give it a try.