Nivelles is nestled in the Roman Païs region, known delicious terroir products and stunning landscapes. No need to choose: you can easily enjoy the best of both worlds.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- The Collegiate Church of St Gertrude and its impressive jacquemart© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNivelles
The Collegiate Church of St Gertrude and its impressive jacquemartThe jacquemart (an animated mechanised figure which strikes the hours on a bell with a hammer) of the Sainte-Gertrude collegiate church in Nivelle is one of 3 in Wallonia.
- The Domaine du Chapitre: a wine estate in Nivelles© Bertrand HautierNivelles
The Domaine du Chapitre: a wine estate in NivellesThe Hautier family welcomes visitors in their vineyard, in Nivelles: a fantastic opportunity to taste the wines produced at the Domaine du Chapitre.
- Château de la Tournette Golf Club© WBT- Pierre PauquayNivelles
Château de la Tournette Golf ClubSituated south of Brussels, the Château de la Tournette Golf Club is one of the most popular golf clubs in Belgium.
- Ferme du Château à Ophain-Bois-Seigneur-Isaac© WBT - J.L. FlémalOphain-Bois-Seigneur-Isaac
Ferme du Château à Ophain-Bois-Seigneur-IsaacDiscover the range of dairy products from the Ferme du Château in Ophain-Bois-Seigneur-Isaac, a true delight for the palate!
- Balad'âne: Donkey rides and carriages in Feluy© WBT- Pierre PauquayFeluy
Balad'âne: Donkey rides and carriages in FeluyBalad’âne invites you to enjoy donkey rides in and near the village of Feluy, a fantastic way to reconnect with nature and discover the historical canal, the local fauna, flora and the castle.
- Musée Marthe Donas: a Belgian modern art museum in Ittre© Marco Lavand'HommeIttre
Musée Marthe Donas: a Belgian modern art museum in IttreMusée Marthe Donas (MIMDo) is the only museum in the Walloon Brabant focusing on Belgian modern art. Its collection features over 70 artists, 30 being women.
- A cruise on the Canal du centre, from Ronquières to Strépy-Thieu© C. CarpentierBraine-le-Comte
A cruise on the Canal du centre, from Ronquières to Strépy-ThieuThe Hainaut region proves quite artistic, notably near the Canal du Centre. The most impressive pieces are near the Ronquière inclined plane and the Strépy-Thieu boat lifts. Why not indulge in a boat cruise to learn more?
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- The Hulencourt Golf Club© WBT- Pierre PauquayVieux-Genappe
The Hulencourt Golf ClubThe Hulencourt golf club is of a very high quality and has already hosted numerous European tournaments.
- Les Apéros de Philomène, artisanal liqueurs in Genappe© WBT - Denis ErroyauxVieux-Genappe
Les Apéros de Philomène, artisanal liqueurs in GenappeThe Apéros de Philomène in Genappe invites you to discover local products that have delighted thousands of consumers for over 20 years.
- The Ferme du Caillou, Napoleon's last headquarters before the Battle of Waterloo© Brabant wallonVieux-Genappe
The Ferme du Caillou, Napoleon's last headquarters before the Battle of WaterlooThe museum retraces, though a clever scenography, the night spent here by Napoleon, just before the Battle of Waterloo. The scenography recreates the atmosphere of the Emperor's headquarters through a clever setting and a selection of objects dating back to 1815.
- Hez woodlands in Genappe© AdobeStockGenappe
Hez woodlands in GenappeThe Hez woodlands, in Genappe, is one of 7 forests in the Baisy-Thy. Located by the Villers-la-Ville abbey, its 5 paths prove perfect for nature strolls.
- Ittre leisure marina (Walloon Brabant)© Yachting club de IttreIttre
Ittre leisure marina (Walloon Brabant)Interyacht, upstream from the Ittre lock on the Charleroi Bruxelles canal, welcomes visitors all year round in its marina.
- The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware Museum© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe
The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware MuseumThe Château de Seneffe estate and its Museum feature one of Belgium's most important silverware collections.
- Cycling in the province of Hainaut | Near the Château de Seneffe© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe28 km
Cycling in the province of Hainaut | Near the Château de Seneffe
- Pierpont golf course© WBT- Pierre PauquayFrasnes-Lez-Gosselies
Pierpont golf courseThe Pierpont Golf Club, 15 minutes from Waterloo and Charleroi and 25 minutes from Brussels, has a remarkable championship golf course.
- The park of the Counts of Hornes' castle| Braine-le-Château© WBT-Antoine DavisterBraine-le-Château
The park of the Counts of Hornes' castle| Braine-le-Château
- Hougoumont Farm: an iconic location in the Waterloo battlefield© Tempora et Luc PetitBraine-L'Alleud
Hougoumont Farm: an iconic location in the Waterloo battlefieldLocate just 1.5 km from the Memorial, la Ferme d’Hougoumont is one of the iconic locations that played a part in the Battle of Waterloo.
- Saint-Véron: a snail farm in Braine-le-Château© WBT-Antoine DavisterBraine-le-Château
Saint-Véron: a snail farm in Braine-le-ChâteauThis snail farm, specialised in the Gros Gris variety, offers quite an instructive visit.
- Braine-le-Château's Lapidurium, a unique and fascinating site© RSI - Jacques PIRSONBraine-le-Château
Braine-le-Château's Lapidurium, a unique and fascinating siteThis unique site in Wallonia, dedicated to memory set in stone, features 66 tombstones, funerary slabs and crosses.
- The Lion's Mound, part of the Waterloo battlefield© WBT - J.P. RemyBraine-L'Alleud
The Lion's Mound, part of the Waterloo battlefieldThe Lion's Mound, overlooking what once was a battlefield, commemorate the Allies' victory over Napoleon's imperial trips. The beast, placed on top of this 40 metres hill, seems to be roaring towards France still.
- Panorama of the Battle of Waterloo battlefield: a 360° fresco© WBT - Alex KouprianoffBraine-L'Alleud
Panorama of the Battle of Waterloo battlefield: a 360° frescoThis extraordinary, full scale mural present the various scenes of the 1815 battle between Wellington and Napoleon's troops. Painted in 1912, it gives an impressive 3D feel.
- Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museum© MT Waterloo - Jean-Philippe Van DammeBraine-l'Alleud
Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museumThe Lion's hamlet was part of the Waterloo battlefield where French and English troops fought on June 15, 1815.
- The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo© WBT - J.P. RemyBraine-l'Alleud
The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo(Re)discover this famous page of Walloon history, straight on the battlefield which witnessed the battle on June 18th, 1815. More than a museum, this is a multi-sensorial, immersive experience. Come with friends and family and learn more about this event, a turning point in the history of Europe.
- Guides 1815© Guides 1815Waterloo
Guides 1815Why not visit the famous Waterloo battlefields? The Guides 1815 associations can organise a bespoke tour for your group: history, anecdotes, on foot or by car, a sum up or a very detailed presentation all in the language of your choice.
- Golf de l'Empereur, Relais© WBT - Olivier LegardienWays
Golf de l'Empereur, RelaisNear the Lion's Mount in Waterloo and 20 minutes from Brussels, you can find rolling plains sprinkled with copses of protected trees.
- A historical walk in Waterloo | The famous battle© MTBWLasne14 km
A historical walk in Waterloo | The famous battle
- The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm's microbrewery and museum (Waterloo)© WBT - Denis ErroyauxWaterloo
The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm's microbrewery and museum (Waterloo)The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm, in Waterloo, is home to a museum and a microbrewery. This historical location served as a surgical hospital for the British and Allied troops during the famous battle.
- Waterloo Immersion | Mont-Saint-Jean Farm© M. FasolWaterloo
Waterloo Immersion | Mont-Saint-Jean FarmTravel through time with Waterloo Immersion! Once their military uniform on, visitors will be led by their guide to the iconic locations of the battlefield. The walk offers a few experiences along the way, asides historical anecdotes: how to march, reloading a riffle, charge with a bayonet, start a fire...
- Medieval life at the Ecaussinnes-Lalaing Castle© WBT - Caroline RaseEcaussinnes-Lalaing
Medieval life at the Ecaussinnes-Lalaing CastleSituated between Nivelles and La Louvière, the Ecaussinnes-Lalaing Castle proposes visits and entertainment in an authentic medieval décor.
- The Bonhomme de Fer au Bois in Braine-le-Comte: an historical geodetic monument© M.NasserBraine-le-Comte
The Bonhomme de Fer au Bois in Braine-le-Comte: an historical geodetic monumentThis 30-metre-high tower was used by our ancestors with a network of 85 culminating points (including the Lion's Mound in Waterloo, the belfry in Mons...) to define in the 19th century, a map of Belgium using the triangulation system.
- Equi Trait Passion | Carriage rides near Lasne© Equi Trait PassionLasne
Equi Trait Passion | Carriage rides near Lasne
- The Claire-Fontaine leisure centre in Godarville© UtopixChapelle-lez-Herlaimont
The Claire-Fontaine leisure centre in GodarvilleThe Domaine de la Claire-Fontaine in Godarville has activities for the whole family. Swimming, adventures, sport, fishing but also relaxing ones...
- The Coeurcq ponds in Tubize© O.T. TubizeTubize
The Coeurcq ponds in TubizeIn Turbize (Walloon Brabant region), the Coeurcq ponds and waterfalls are a real invite to take a stroll, relax or even go fishing.
- La Bruyère Golf Club© WBT- Pierre PauquaySart-Dames-Avelines
La Bruyère Golf ClubThis golf course was designed in the typical Walloon-Brabant countryside.
- The Château de Bousval vineyard© Vignoble du Château de BousvalBousval
The Château de Bousval vineyardDiscover the story of the Château de Bousval vineyard, a local production with a fascinating range of products.
- The Sept Fontaines Golf Club© KramjaxBraine-L'Alleud
The Sept Fontaines Golf ClubEnjoying a magnificent setting in Braine-l'Alleud, to the south of Brussels, the Sept Fontaines Golf Club is one of Belgium's most well-loved golf clubs.
- Royal Waterloo Golf Club© PexelsOhain
Royal Waterloo Golf ClubThe Royal Waterloo is a welcoming family club for all golfers wishing to share a round together.
- A sweet stop at Chocolaterie Legast (Braine-le-Comte)© Legast ChocolaterieBraine-le-Comte
A sweet stop at Chocolaterie Legast (Braine-le-Comte)The Legast chocolate shop is a favourite in Braine-le-Comte and has been for 2 generations already. It's all about tradition and the promise of mouth-watering treats...
- Bois des Bruyères (Waterloo)© AdobeStockWaterloo
Bois des Bruyères (Waterloo)The Bois des Bruyères woodlands offers a lovely place to relax lovely paths... Located in Waterloo (Waloon Brabant), it enjoys a varied flora and fauna.
- Car-free | Waterloo - La Louvière© WBT – Hike Up/Railtrip.TravelWaterloo
Car-free | Waterloo - La Louvière
- Villers-la-Ville Abbey vineyards© Christophe WaterkeynVillers-la-Ville
Villers-la-Ville Abbey vineyardsJoin the Confrérie du vignoble de l'Abbaye de Villers for a visit of the most famous abbey in Walloon Brabant's vineyards.
- Cycling in Wallonia: following the footsteps of monks and knights© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Cycling in Wallonia: following the footsteps of monks and knightsCycle from Villers-la-Ville to Nivelles: a bike ride rich in discoveries, relaxing times and delicious treats.
- The Villers Abbey's microbrewery© Erwin FurnièreVillers-la-Ville
The Villers Abbey's microbreweryIn the Villers Abbey's archive was found one of the monks' recipes for beer, dating back to the 18th century. This precious find inspired new recipes to its microbrewery.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Take a stroll along the meditative path of the Villers Abbey, through the garden of scents© Abbaye de Villers asblVillers-la-Ville
Take a stroll along the meditative path of the Villers Abbey, through the garden of scentsStressed by work, worn out by routine? Find serenity off the beaten path on the Sentier méditatif de l’Abbaye, the abbey's meditative path. Panels placed along the trail invite visitors to relax and reconnect with their surroundings.
- The 1815 walk, a stroll around the Waterloo battlefield© Waterloo TourismeWaterloo
The 1815 walk, a stroll around the Waterloo battlefieldFollow in the footsteps of the Duke of Wellington and Napoleon's Imperial troops with this 1815 walk around the battlefield. A fantastic opportunity to see the historical location that would change the map of Europe.
- The Wellington Museum in Waterloo, a museum retracing the 1815 battle© WBT - Bruno DalimonteWaterloo
The Wellington Museum in Waterloo, a museum retracing the 1815 battleThis museum, once an inn, served as headquarters to the Duke of Wellington the night of June 17th, 1815. Right before the famous battle of Waterloo...
- Page 1