Bouillon’s surroundings are appealing, for the beauty of the landscapes and the numerous walks, such as the trail to the Giant’s tomb.
Label, certification or network
- Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in Wallonia© WBT - David SamynBouillon
Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in WalloniaBuilt on three rock pitons overlooking the Semois river, the Bouillon Castle is a remarkable monument in the province of Luxembourg, retracing almost a thousand years of history and military architecture.
- The Godefroid de Bouillon Archéoscope© Archéoscope Godefroid de BouillonBouillon
The Godefroid de Bouillon ArchéoscopeThe Archéoscope Godefroid de Bouillon will take you onto an incredible immersive journey: the history of the very first crusade...
- Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-Semois© RécréalleAlle-sur-Semois
Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-SemoisRécréalle is a superb leisure centre on the banks of the Semois river, 20 km from Bouillon and 40 km from Charleville (France).
- Gros-Fays, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of Namur© Mark RossignolGros-Fays
Gros-Fays, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of NamurGros-Fays, perched on the side of a hill that drops down towards the river Lesse, is a typical Ardennes village. Its little houses, built mainly of schist, 16th-century fortified farm and former mill exude an air of timeless peace sure to delight you.
- Laforêt, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of Namur© Mark RossignolLaforêt
Laforêt, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of NamurNestled in a green setting along the Semois river, Laforêt kept its traditional atmosphere and rich cultural heritage. This charming village still had its drinking troughs, washhouses and even tobacco dryers.
- Bouillon Ducal Museum© David SamynBouillon
Bouillon Ducal MuseumNear the castle of Godefroid de Bouillon, the Ducal Museum overlooks the Semois and occupies two listed buildings dating from the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Discover the forest massif of the Semois and Houille© Flaviu BoerescuBouillon
Discover the forest massif of the Semois and HouilleDiscover the forest massif of the Semois and Houille and its many local characters with your family. There are 8 trails to enjoy, all year round. Gedinne, Florenville, Vresse-sur-Semois, Bièvre, Paliseul, Bertrix, Bouillon and Herbeumont no name a few locations - all will reveal a rich natural, cultural and historical
- A walk by the Château de Bouillon© Flaviu BoerescuBouillon6.9 km
A walk by the Château de Bouillon
- Bouillon's zoological park© WBT - Caroline RaseBouillon
Bouillon's zoological parkThis zoological park in Bouillon (Belgian Luxembourg) features no less than 90 different species, which visitors can admire along a 2 km trail.
- The Botanical and geographical arboretum of Bouillon© WBT - Caroline RaseBouillon
The Botanical and geographical arboretum of BouillonCreated in 1906, this geographical and botanical arboretum stretches over 2 hectares and features 150 different species (native and exotic combines, hardwoods and softwoods).
- Hiking in Wallonia: along the river in Botassart© WBT - J.P. RemyBouillon13 km
Hiking in Wallonia: along the river in Botassart
- La brasserie de Bouillon and Le marché de Nathalie© brasserie de BouillonSensenruth
La brasserie de Bouillon and Le marché de NathalieLe Marché de Nathalie and La Brasserie de Bouillon have been sharing their passion for beer since 1994.
- Kayak down the river with Semois Kayaks© Semois KayaksPoupehan
Kayak down the river with Semois KayaksEnjoy kayaking down the Semois with friends or family - the perfect way to take in the stunning landscapes of the valley and the Belgian Ardennes.
- The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries await© Céline DemelenneLes Hayons
The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries awaitThe Ferme des Fées (the Fairies' farm) near Bouillon invites you to discover a world of legends, a journey to the 19th century Ardenne.
- Brasserie de Rochehaut: a microbrewery near Bouillon© Brasserie de RochehautBouillon
Brasserie de Rochehaut: a microbrewery near BouillonLocated at the heart of a picturesque village overlooking the Semois, this family-managed microbrewery invites you to discover the site. During the (free) visit, you will see the production/bottling area. There also is a play area, a restaurant area where you can try the brewery's creations.
- The Agri-musée: keeping the memory of agricultural life in times past alive© AubergederochehautRochehaut
The Agri-musée: keeping the memory of agricultural life in times past alivet took almost 30 years to gather the 5,000 items now featured in the AGRI-MUSEE in Rochehaut. This memory of agricultural life in times past also aims at keeping this incredible know-how alive, share this knowledge, create emotions and reconnect the visitors with nature...
- Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-Semois© Morgane Vander LindenAlle-sur-Semois
Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-SemoisDiscover the exceptional setting of one of the last Belgian slate quarries.
- La Vanne kayaks: a wonderful way to discover the Semois river© Kayak de la VanneAlle-sur-Semois
La Vanne kayaks: a wonderful way to discover the Semois riverLa Vanne has been organising kayak rides down the Semois since 1989: a fantastic, safe experience to reconnect with nature and relax. Come with friends, family or even solo and goat your pace along the river.
- L'Ami Pierre: kayak rental to go down the Semois river© Camping l'Ami PierreAlle-sur-Semois
L'Ami Pierre: kayak rental to go down the Semois riverEnjoy a full day outdoor and get on board of L’Ami Pierre's comfortable kayaks to go down the Semois. The Valley offers amazing landscape and the chance to see the region from a different angle.
- La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gem© WBT - Caroline RaseFlorenville
La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gemLa Roche à l'Appel, by the French border, is a fascinating geological curiosity found in one of the main natural reserves in Ardenne and Gaume. The site presents itself as a chaotic pile of conglomerate stones (Fépin's pudding stone), right in the Muno forest.
- The fascinating marian estate of Sugny is often called the Lourdes of the Ardenne© WBT - Caroline RaseVresse-sur-Semois
The fascinating marian estate of Sugny is often called the Lourdes of the ArdenneThe Marian estate of Sugny was created in 1911 by the locals, nestled beautifully in the green setting of a park. Considered an open-air museum, it was nicknamed the Ardenne Lourde, probably due to its faithful reproduction of the Notre Dame de Lourdes grotto, star piece of the site.
- The medieval ruins of Herbeumont castle© Harry WedzingaHerbeumont
The medieval ruins of Herbeumont castleBuilt on top of a rocky outcrop overlooking the village and the Semois Valley, the medieval ruins of Herbeumont castle offer a splendid panorama of the river and its meanders.
- Fromagerie de la Semois© Demat IsabelleVresse-sur-Semois
Fromagerie de la SemoisCurious about cheese? Come and discover this artisan cheesemaker in the province of Namur and taste its products on site.
- Herbeumont trail station | 10 trails to explore the Ardenne© Romain BorremansHerbeumont
Herbeumont trail station | 10 trails to explore the Ardennestart 6 hikes (for all sports level) and 4 fitness trails- in other words, 95 km of marked paths to explore...
- Conrad ski station in Vresse-sur-Semois© WBT - Caroline RaseVresse-Sur-Semois
Conrad ski station in Vresse-sur-SemoisForget big ski stations and try Conrad's family ski station, perfect for cross-country skiing.
- Mountain biking through the Herbeumont forest | near the castle ruins© Harry WedzingaHerbeumont21 km
Mountain biking through the Herbeumont forest | near the castle ruins
- Centre d'interprétation d'Art de l'Ecole (Vresse)© Centre d'interprétation d’ArtVresse-sur-Semois
Centre d'interprétation d'Art de l'Ecole (Vresse)Located in the village of Vresse-sur-Sémois (Ardenne), the Centre d’Interprétation d’Art de l’École de Vresse features 200 artworks.
- The tobacco roads in the Semois region© Elie Paquay (Ardenne namuroise)Vresse-sur-Semois
The tobacco roads in the Semois regionTobacco? In Wallonia? Yes! this industry really boomed near Bouillon around 1850... These two itineraries - easy to ro by car - highlight highlights hints of a trade that lasted over a century. You will find informative panels along the way giving you valuable insight inthe workers' life and skills.
- Cap Semois© Cap semoisVresse-Sur-Semois
Cap SemoisReady for adventure? Join Cap Semois to discover the region with a twist: kayaking, canoeing, mountain biking, e-bike cycling...
- The Fromagerie du Marronnier© APAQ-W – Ferme du MarronnierMuno
The Fromagerie du MarronnierDiscover how dairy products (such as cheese and butter) are made in the Ardenne. Marc and Ariane will welcome your warmly and share their passion with you.
- Etienne Barras (printing company)© LDV ProductionPaliseul
Etienne Barras (printing company)Etienne Barras invites you to discover their infrastructures in Paliseuls, near Libramont and learn about the printing trade.
- 5 to 10 km hikes | La Morepire© WBT - Christophe VandercamBertrix7.8 km
5 to 10 km hikes | La Morepire