This testimony of the past and former residence of the Counts of Namur, is a veritable open book on the evolution of the war. The citadel is a listed Wallonia Heritage Site and offers an unobstructed view of the town. You’ll be able to admire the impressive underground passages and visit the Terra-Nova Interpretive Centre. The view and the green spaces make the fortress a place much appreciated for walks. A tourist train is available, for those interested, to guide you around the site.
Les Vieux Quartiers
The old districts form somewhat a village in the town, with a rare and particular atmosphere, in a setting full of discoveries. To walk in its old districts is to go back in time. Completely pedestrianised, the narrow streets are dotted with architectural riches such as the belfry or the Saint Aubain Cathedral. A lovely walk which makes it possible to do some shopping or during which you can take a break by having a drink.
Le Musée Rops
In the heart of Namur’s old town where the artist Félicien Rops was born, a museum dedicated entirely to his work can be found. Here, you’ll discover the story of his life, his encounters, but also his creations like the famous Pornokrates also known as “The Lady with the Pig” (La Dame au Cochon).
Label, certification or network
- Isaac Cordal street art trail in Namur© ville de NamurNamur1.8 km
Isaac Cordal street art trail in Namur
- Guided tours of Namur and its region© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
Guided tours of Namur and its regionFrom March to December, the tourist office of Namur organised guided walks for solo travellers, friends and families: the perfect opportunity to learn of the historical quarters of the town and explore its adorable, narrow streets.
- Namur Museum of Ancient Arts & Oignies Treasure© G FocantNamur
Namur Museum of Ancient Arts & Oignies TreasureLocated in a listed 18th century patrician hotel, the museum displays works of art from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance from the Namur region.
- La Maison des Desserts | A chocolate shop in Hucorne-Fronville© WBT- Pierre PauquayNamur
La Maison des Desserts | A chocolate shop in Hucorne-FronvilleThe Hucorne family has been delighting visitors with a sweet tooth with their desserts, macarons and chocolates since they opened in 1946. 3 generations of expertise! There are 2 addresses to discover in Namur: Fronville and La Maison des desserts.
- Pro Velo Namur | Bike Point at Namur's station© Pro Velo NamurNamur
Pro Velo Namur | Bike Point at Namur's stationProVelo Namur invites you to cycle through the region to see more of its stunning landscapes and learn about its history, cultural heritage and secrets of the capital of Wallonia.
- Rickshaw tours in Namur: a fantastic way to see the city© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
Rickshaw tours in Namur: a fantastic way to see the cityLooking for a fun, relaxing way to see Namur? Try these rickshaw tours, sure to delight adults and children alike and accessible to PMRs.
- Namur's Royal Theatre© WBT - Anibal TrejoNamur
Namur's Royal TheatreCome and admire Namur's stunning Royal Theatre, ideally located in the heart of the capital of Wallonia.
- Galerie du Beffroi | Namur© Ville de Namur - Ledouppe AmélienNamur
Galerie du Beffroi | NamurLa Galerie du Beffroi, in the centre of Namur, hosts celebrates contemporary artists and collective exhibitions alike.
- The Belfry of Namur, part of UNESCO's World Heritage© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
The Belfry of Namur, part of UNESCO's World HeritageThis tower, built in 1388 and 20 metres, was originally part of the fortifications. It's only in 1746, after Namur was besieged and the church destroyed, that it would be chosen as the official belfry.
- MAN: Namur's African Museum© WBT- Pierre PauquayNamur
MAN: Namur's African MuseumGuardhouse of the former Leopold barracks (late 19C) Documents and souvenirs from the period of the founding of the Congo Free State to the present day ...
- Cafés Delahaut© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
Cafés DelahautA 30 mn visit highlighting the origin, roasting, blending... of coffee, right in front the roasting machine. Followed by a tasting and questions/answers.
- The Saint-Loup church in Namur© © WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
The Saint-Loup church in NamurDiscover the Baroque Saint-Loup church and its Jesuit college, right in the centre of Namur.
- Car-free | Namur - Dinant© WBT – Hike Up/Railtrip.TravelNamur
Car-free | Namur - Dinant
- The Félicien Rops Museum in Namur© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
The Félicien Rops Museum in NamurThis exceptional museum, at the heart of the historical quarters of Namur, dedicates its collections to Félicien Rops, a famous Belgian artist from the 19th century.
- The Delta cultural centre in Namur© WBT- Pierre PauquayNamur
The Delta cultural centre in Namur6,000 m² dedicated to art and culture! Previously known as the Maison de la culture and now fully renovated, the Delta features concert halls, a panoramic terrace and a garden:
- Les Bateliers: a museum complex in Namur© Les BateliersNamur
Les Bateliers: a museum complex in NamurLes Bateliers, a cultural complex in Namur, is home to the Museum of Decorative Arts and will, in time, welcome the Archaeological Museum
- Arboretum of the Citadel of Namur© WBT - J.P. RemyNamur
Arboretum of the Citadel of NamurTake a stroll in this lovely arboretum, near the Château de Namur and enjoy its rich variety of tree species.
- The citadel of Namur's tourist train© FTPN - BossiroyNamur
The citadel of Namur's tourist trainNamur's tourist train will take you on a ride around the Citadel's defence walls. A fantastic way to appreciate their architecture and learn more about their history, from the Middle Ages to the present days.
- The Jardin des deux tours: a medieval garden with 2 towers in Namur© WBT - J.L. FlémalNamur
The Jardin des deux tours: a medieval garden with 2 towers in NamurTake a stroll in the Jardin des 2 tours in the Citadel of Namur: a 500 m2 medieval inspired garden featuring 6 different themes and overlooking the city.
- Guy Delforge's perfume workshop at the Citadel of Namur© L'atelier de Parfumerie Guy DelforgeNamur
Guy Delforge's perfume workshop at the Citadel of NamurGuy Delforge's perfume shop, at the very heart of the Citadel of Namur, offers a fascinating underground experience. This unique trail in Wallonia reveals the many steps necessary to make a fragrance. The artist, rewarded many times for its talent, wanted to share his passion through this guided tour.
- Les Sentiers de Grande Randonnée (SGR) asbl© WBT - Olivier LegardienNamur
Les Sentiers de Grande Randonnée (SGR) asbl(Re)discover Belgian amazing walking paths on your own, with friends or family: there are 5,000 km of marked paths to explore!
- Enjoy a river cruise with Croisières Namur© S.I. de NamurNamur
Enjoy a river cruise with Croisières NamurA cruise is one of the most wonderful ways to admire the Haute Meuse and its stunning landscapes... Get on board, the meeting point is near the Pont de Jambes in Namur.
- The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleries© Simon SchmittNamur
The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleriesUpon inspection of the Citadel, Napoleon labelled it as “Europe’s Termite Mound” due to its extensive network of underground passages. Discover 500m of restored passages with an immersive-guided tour that will take you to the heart of the history of the Citadel’s entrails, through sound and light.
- The Grand Casino de Namur© Hotel BeauregardNamur
The Grand Casino de NamurBeautifully located between the Meuse river and the citadel, the Grand Casino de Namur welcomes guests by day and by night.
- The Namourettes: boats on the Meuse and Sambre rivers (Namur)© WBT - Denis ErroyauxJambes
The Namourettes: boats on the Meuse and Sambre rivers (Namur)Discover the pleasure of cruising through the traffic in Namur effortlessly - join the Namourettes for a boat ride on the Sambre and the Meuse rivers!
- Les Capitaineries de Namur: water fun on the Meuse river© Les Capitaineries de NamurNamur
Les Capitaineries de Namur: water fun on the Meuse riverLooking forward to enjoying the Meuse river when in Namur? Les Capitaineries de Namur offer a wide range of activities.
- Carrière Briot: blue stone cutters in Namur© LDV ProductionSaint-Servais
Carrière Briot: blue stone cutters in NamurBriot, located near Namur, is a company specialising in cutting Soignies blue stone, Meuse limestone and Longpré stone: stop by to discover this fascinating trade and visit the quarry.
- A Street Art trail in Namur© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
A Street Art trail in Namur
- Namur themed gardens© Ville de NamurNamur
Namur themed gardensNamur has planted 5 themed gardens to help develop the biodiversity at the heart of the town.
- The Reine Fabiola amusement park© WBT- Pierre PauquayNamur
The Reine Fabiola amusement parkAt the top of the city of Namur, in a protected green area, the Reine Fabiola amusement park guarantees a full day of entertainment.
- The Jardin des Plantes à couleurs a garden dedicated to natural dyes in Vedrin (near Namur)© WBT- Pierre PauquayVedrin
The Jardin des Plantes à couleurs a garden dedicated to natural dyes in Vedrin (near Namur)In Vedrin, near Namur, the Jardin des Plantes à couleurs (the garden of colourful plants) features 130 species selected for their dyeing qualities.
- A surprising travel through time at the Computer Museum: from punch cards to smartphones© Jérémie ObsomerNamur
A surprising travel through time at the Computer Museum: from punch cards to smartphonesThe very first computer museum in Belgium... Its collections, divided in 4 themes, retrace an incredible scientific odyssey from the invention of calculators to your smartphone.
- The Belgian Commando Battalions museum in Flawinne© CdomuseumFlawinne
The Belgian Commando Battalions museum in FlawinneThe Commando Museum in Flawinne retraces the story this Belgian elite fighting force, from its creation in 1942 to today. Visitors can learn about the many military campaigns the soldiers took part in and see the equipment, weapons and vehicles used by the battalions.
- Cuisine Sauvage | Learning about edible plants© WBT - Caroline RaseNamur
Cuisine Sauvage | Learning about edible plantsA fantastic way to reconnect with nature! Cuisine Sauvage will show you - through walks and workshops - how to forage and cook with the edible plants found along the way.
- Emines Fort | A memorial to the Great War© Fred. Pauwels/collectif HUMANamur
Emines Fort | A memorial to the Great WarJust 5 kilometres from Namur, between the villages of Emines and Saint-Marc, the Fort of Emines site remains almost unaltered since 1914, a moving witness of the first world war in Wallonia.