- Museum or Interpretation Centre
This cultural centre, dedicated to the second world war, offers an incredible immersion into the Battle of the Bulge. 4 characters, civilians and soldiers, guide the visitors through the galleries, sharing their story as they go along. An interactive, modern presentation sure to wow children and adults alike.
The first part of the Bastogne Museum retraces the causes of the 1940-45 war, its milestones, life in Belgium during the German occupation... before detailing Hitler's last operation, the Battle of the Bulge. 2019 being the 75th anniversary, special commemorative events will be organised through the year.
The living memory of the Ardennes
Visitors follow the story of four different characters, each presenting a different side of the war through anecdotes:
- Robert Keane, an American soldier
- Hans Wegmüller, a German soldier
- Mathilde Devillers, a school teacher in Bastogne
- Emile Mostade, a child from Bastogne
The galleries offer fascinating scenovisions (immersive scenes appealing to all senses), created to recreate the atmosphere during the conflict as closely as possible.
After visiting the museum
The Mardasson memorial is only a few minutes walk from the Bastogne War Museum. This star-shaped monument commemorates the friendship between Belgium and the United States and pays tribute to the soldiers having fought the Battle of the Bulge.
Visitors with specific needs
Please click here to see the list of facilities and activities accessible to visitors with reduced mobility. Wallonia has developed the Access-i program to give travellers a clear understanding of what the infrastructures offer.
Please note, on this site:
- If you have a wheelchair / if you have difficulties walking / If you are blind or visually impaired: special parking spaces, wide spaces along the museum, adapted toilets and special spaces in the screening room
- If you are deaf: information panels in 4 languages throughout the museum
- If you are hard of hearing: audio guides with an adjustable volume button
BASTOGNE WAR MUSEUM - TEMPORA
Validity date: from 01-01-2020 au 31-12-2020
- Offer valid throughout 2020
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
Please check the opening times, booking tips and recommendations with them (either via their website or by contacting them directly) before visiting. Remember to check the border and quarantine regulations before travelling.
Click here to see the list of attractions now reopened.
German - English - French - Dutch
Access for PRM (autodeclared) - Cafe - Daylight - Shop - Training materials provided - Parking
Guide available/groups - EN - FR - NL - Audioguide/mobile app/tablet