- Sport and relaxation
- Walking or hiking
- Hybrid Bike
Forget all about the stress that goes with driving (carbon footprint, parking options, filling up…): here is an amazing itinerary to discover the region from Waterloo to La Louvière without a car.
This itinerary starts and finishes at a railway station. Between the two, stage-stations which you can walk or cycle to. The pace is up to you – add a few cultural visits along the way, make it a few days adventure…
The map below presents each segment of the itinerary to be covered by bike or foot. Click on the location flag you are interested in to get more information: an interactive, detailed map, a GPX file as well as information on the activities and lodgings along the way.
- Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museum
- The Collegiate Church of St Gertrude and its impressive jacquemart
- The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware Museum
- The Binche Belfy, listed by UNESCO
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution
- La Bachée: a countryside gîte in Plancenoit
- Au Fil de l'Eau: a hotel in Seneffe
- The Le Moulin du Ya gîte in La Louvière, for 2 to 4 persons
- Camping de la Sablière (Epinois)