- Museum or Interpretation Centre
(Re)discover this famous page of Walloon history, straight on the battlefield which witnessed the battle on June 18th, 1815. More than a museum, this is a multi-sensorial, immersive experience. Come with friends and family and learn more about this event, a turning point in the history of Europe.
The Memorial offer a fascinating interactive trail, its special effects offering a real journey through time. The experience includes a 4D movie. Everything will be revealed: the historical context, the unrolling of the events and the consequences of the battle...
Visitors can explore the museum on their own, audio guide in hand, learning, as they go along of Europe in the 19th century, the troops, their uniforms, their weapons, what a bivouac looked like.
The narrative scenography included augmented reality animations and maps.
The 4D movie, designed by Gérard Corbiau, will place you at the very heart of the battle, the soldiers running all around you. Impressive to say the least.
The visit concludes on the victory of the British troops and the defeat of the French one. The museum also highlights the consequences of the battle and how it would help build a modern Europe.
The Memorial museum is part of the 1815 Memorial. .
Visitors with specific needs
Please click here to see the list of facilities and activities accessible to visitors with reduced mobility. Wallonia has developed the Access-i program to give travellers a clear understanding of what the infrastructures offer.
Please note, on this site:
- If you have a wheelchair: lift
- If you have difficulties walking: the whole site - except for the Lion's mound - is accessible
- If you are blind or visually impaired: special guided tours can be arranged - please contact the site in advance. Audio guides also are available.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing: Leafets retracing the content of the audio guide are available from reception.
Validity date: from 01-01-2020 au 31-12-2020
- Offer valid throughout 2020 (except when the site is hosting special events)
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
Pass 1815 Waterloo: 6 attractions and museums presenting Napoleon's last battle for 20€
This single ticket gives you access to the 6 attractions and museums presenting Napoleon's last battle. The best way to learn and experience a important chapter in history.
German - English - French - Dutch
Credit cards accepted
Access for PRM (autodeclared) - Shop - Non-smoking - Parking - Common bathroom
Guide available/groups - German - EN - ES - FR - IT - NL - Audioguide/mobile app/tablet