L'Art Habite la Ville (Art in Town) turns Mons and nearby villages into an open-air museum every year... To be enjoyed until October 31, 2020.
17 murals have been added to the existing 40 urban art works already in place in Mons' lively streets. The idea? Making culture accessible to all and add a touch of cheerfulness. Who knows what you might find around the corner?
International artists have been invited to join the project, each offering a different universe, a different vision, making the art trails quite exceptional.
One project, several themes
- Quartier des capucins: myths and legends, Saint Georges and the Dragon
- Pedestrian area and rue de Nimy: famous locals and architectural heritage
- Rue de la Halle: time travellers
- Cuesmes, Ghlin, Nimy, Jemappes: legends and local cultural heritage
Event planned for the month from June to October 2021 (1)
(1) Dates and programme may be subject to change.