- Shop or food outlet
- Local producer
Jacques et Lydia Bruyaux opened their ostrich farm in 1997. The stunning site, by a castle in Rochefort, is now home to a hundred birds of all ages...
Did you know?
- Ostriches can exceed a speed of 100 km/h
- Ostriches can kill a lion with one kick alone
- Although it cannot fly, their life expectancy can reach 70 years
- Their meat is one of the leanest you can find
The farm shop
A range of delicious products are available on site, prepared following traditional recipes: filet, smoked ham, steak, pâté, carbonnade, saucisson made from ostrich meat. You will even find a beer called The Ostrich!
- Open during the Easter holidays
- Open during the All Saints weekend
- Open in July and August (but closed on Mondays)
- Open at weekends in the low season (closed November 9th to Easter holidays)
- Open all year for groups (15 persons min.) if arranged in advance
Opening times for visits in high season:
11:30, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00 and 16:00
Opening times for visits in low season:
11:30, 13:00, 14:00 and 15:00
- Sales counter
- Tour of facilities
- Educational service
- Car parking