- Folklore and Tradition
Pat'Carnaval, a folkloric celebration marking the end of winter and the arrival of spring in Bastogne, is one of the most looked forward traditions in the region.
It all started in 1977: the idea was to ask the local children to dress up in original costumes and join a fun cavalcade. The event becoming more successful each year, more activities were added: a fantastic bonfire, musical entertainment, a family supper, shows for children, dancing... Thus was reborn the carnival tradition, lost for a long time in Bastogne.
- 3 days of fun
- 30 carnival floats and groups
- 1,000 participants
- 15,000 spectators
- over 300 volunteers.
- 18:30: café crawl with Chouffleux d'Buse.
- 22:00 – 24:00: concert
- 24:00 – 02:30: big Fiesta.
- 13:30: Children's carnival. Opening of the doors, crowning of the Prince and Princess
- 21:30: Gediwi 2020.
- 14:00: Entertainment in the Grand-Rue.
- 13:30: start of the procession
- 17:00: Folkloric dances – Place Patton.
- 22:00: festive evening.
Event planned for the month of February 2022 (1)
(1) Dates and programme may be subject to change.