- Local producer
- Guided tour and discovery
Trick question: what do wheat and beetroot have in common? Find the answer by visiting BioWanze, the first producer of bioethanol in Belgium.
Located in the province of Liège, the site presents the key stages of the process as well as the labs. A glimpse of the future, or at least the alternative fuel that will power it...
- Largest site producing bioethanol in Belgium
- New generation process to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 70% compared to fossil fuels
- Making the most of the raw material with several coproducts
- Annual production: 300,000 m3 bioethanol and 55,000 tons of gluten
French - Dutch
Film projections/presentations - Tour of facilities
Guide available/individuals - FR - NL - Guide available/groups - FR - NL - With guide only