- Museum or Interpretation Centre
The BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia, stands out with its stunning architecture: an industrial glass and iron casing, built in 1911. Its fascinating program of exhibitions and activities make it an iconic stop for all culture lovers in Charleroi.
This museum is a one-of-a-kind hybrid building, composed of two impressively large buildings:
- A large 1000 m² hall which kept its crude industrial look
- A smaller 800 m² wing which resembles a modern white box
This cultural space features case study or collective exhibitions by Belgian and international artists focusing on current social issues. The museum's programme gives prominent space to exhibitions that deal with greater global issue as well as various artistic media (music, theatre, dance, etc) linked to visual arts.
The BPS22 also aims at de-compartmentalizing styles and eras from constraints by putting artists and masterpieces side by side without restricting them to technical or historical classifications.
Visitors with specific needs
The BPS22 is one of the many sites certified by Access-i (meaning with facilities or/activities adapted to travellers with specific needs). You will find more details on the website to plan your visit.
Click here to find our selection of Access-i sites in Wallonia.
BPS22 - HAINAUT ART MUSEUM
Validity date: from 01-01-2021 au 31-12-2021
- Offer valid throughout 2021
- 4€ instead of 6€)
- Valid for exhibitions, cannot be used during events
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If booking online, please contact the site first to know which process to follow to enjoy this promotion
Bar - Daylight - Car parking - Cycle rack - Parking - Wi-Fi
Guide available/groups - FR - Guide available/individuals - FR - A fee applies. - Audioguide/mobile app/tablet