- Sport and relaxation
- Walking or hiking
- Hybrid Bike
The Ourthe Valley is one of Wallonia’s many gems… The train lines that crosses it is considered one of the most beautiful in Europe, no less! Well worth combining with walks or bike rides.
This itinerary starts and finishes at a railway station. Between the two, stage-stations which you can walk or cycle to. The pace is up to you – add a few cultural visits along the way, make it a few days adventure…
Along the way, you will discover Durbuy, a small but irresistible town nestled along the meanders of the river. Its historical centre lined with pretty paved streets and picturesque stone houses are the perfect excuse for a romantic stroll.
Next is Liège, rich in contrasts. Its eclectic architectural heritage is sure to wow you: the historical Saint Lambert Square, the Palace of the Prince Bishops, the Royal Opera have the ultra futuristic Guillemins railway station, designed by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava, for neighbour. With 448 listed buildings and 20 museums, the city of a hundred spires is sure to steal your heart…
The map below presents each segment of the itinerary to be covered by bike or foot. Click on the location flag you are interested in to get more information: an interactive, detailed map, a GPX file as well as information on the activities and lodgings along the way.
- Domain des Grottes de Han
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls
- Weris, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of Luxembourg
- Maison d'hôtes La Vieille Ecole à Durbuy
- The Val de l'Aisne: a camping site in Blier, between La Roche-en-Ardenne and Durbuy
- La Ferme Houar: a guesthouse in Bomal-sur-Ourthe
- Maison d'hôtes Les Gallinautes à Esneux
- The Georges Simenon Youth Hostel, Liège