- Sport and relaxation
- Cycling and Mountain Biking
- Trekking & hiking
- Walking or hiking
- Cycle ride
Explore the Hainaut region without a car. This fantastic adventure through towns and countryside, is the perfect way to slow down and make the most of your holiday in Wallonia.
This itinerary starts and finishes at a railway station. Between the two, stage-stations which you can walk or cycle to. The pace is up to you – add a few cultural visits along the way, make it a few days adventure…
The adventure starts in Mons. European capital of culture in 2015, the town offers a wealth of pretty streets, historical gems and museums. Make sure to have a look at the belfry along your stroll and enjoy a drink on the ever so cheerful Grand Place!
The nearby Borinage region then reveals majestic castles (like the Château de Beloeil) as well as wonderfully preserved nature sites. Follow the Escaut river, which will be your guide all along the trip.
The map below presents each segment of the itinerary to be covered by bike or foot. Click on the location flag you are interested in to get more information: an interactive, detailed map, a GPX file as well as information on the activities and lodgings along the way.
- Mons Belfry: a fascinating monument
- The Sainte-Waudru collegiate church
- The Château de Beloeil estate, the Belgian Versailles
- Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'Aubechies
- Château des Princes de Ligne a Antoing
- Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gem
- Tournai Fine Arts Museum
- Mons Youth Hostel, by the belfry
- Hôtel Dream Mons
- Au Petit Dragon: a gîte for 4 persons in Mons
- Chambres d'hôtes Ambiance Prince des Bois à Ville-Pommeroeul
- Tournai Youth Hostel