- Sport and relaxation
- Cycling and Mountain Biking
- Trekking & hiking
- Walking or hiking
- Cycle ride
Make the most of the Haute Meuse Valley, known for its stunning landscapes with this slow travel themed itinerary, combining train rides with either walking or cycling.
This itinerary starts and finishes at a railway station. Between the two, stage-stations which you can walk or cycle to. The pace is up to you – add a few cultural visits along the way, make it a few days adventure…
The adventure starts in Namur, nestled at the confluence of the Meuse and Sambre rivers. The capital of Wallonia, dominated by a majestic citadel, is full of surprises! Its partly pedestrian centre is a wonderful invite for a stroll along the water or its sweet little shops.
Between Namur and Dinant unroll a succession of gorgeous views over the Haute Meuse valley. Its many castles and fortresses offer a real journey in time.
Last stop: Dinant, which owes the nickname of “Daughter of the Meuse” to its location. Set between the river and cliffs, the town really looks like a jewel…
The map below presents each segment of the itinerary to be covered by bike or foot. Click on the location flag you are interested in to get more information: an interactive, detailed map, a GPX file as well as information on the activities and lodgings along the way.
- The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleries
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley
- Maredsous abbey: cheese and beer of character
- The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valley
- Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)
- The Félicien Rops Youth Hostel, Namur
- La Villa Balat: an exceptional guest house in Namur
- De plume et de miel | A guesthouse in Profondeville
- Le Pommier Rustique: a camping site in Durnal