- Park (castles)
- Architectural heritage
A must-see historical site located near the city of Ath (Province of Hainaut), the château d'Attre is one of the most authentic witnesses of the second half of the 18th century in Belgium. Its 17 hectares estate, lined by the Dendre river, is quite stunning.
A Louis XIV castle
- Built on the foundations of a medieval fortress
- Was home to Archduchess Marie-Christine of Austria and Duke Albert of Saxony Teschen
- Designed in a Louis XIV style, the castle is composed of a main building framed by 2 wings. Its two floors are made of local sandstone, limestone rock and bricks
- he uniformity and clear distribution of its rooms are characteristic of this castle, which decor, furniture and collections date back to the 18th century.
A unique park
Behind the castle awaits a landscaped garden, well worth the detour.
Combining an English and woodland garden, it features:
- a belvedere tower
- an 18th century dovecote
- a hermitage
- the Vignou tower
- a Swiss chalet
- a bathing pavilion
- an artificial, in a pre-romantic style, named "The rock"
The guided tour of the park, to learn about the wealth of symbols in its architecture and structure. Try it in spring: there are waves and waves of anemones then...
Before getting on the road, do contact the closest tourist office to your destination. If you are going to the Hautes Fagnes, please remember the number of visitors is limited each day. The Hautes Fagnes Tourist Office will give you the latest details. The Luxembourg and East Cantons Tourist Office will give you the ski slopes opening times. For additional skiing and winter sports information in Belgium, you can contact the East Contons Tourist Office.
Outdoor catering - Free catering
Shop - Non-smoking - Car parking - Parking - Wi-Fi
With guide only - Guide available/groups - EN - FR - NL