- Park (castles)
- Architectural heritage
- Guided tour and discovery
Built in the 14th century, this massive turreted chateau is surrounded by a wide moat connected to a series of lakes and channels which wind through one of the largest and most ornate French-style gardens in Belgium. Even better: you can jump on a small train to enjoy them in the most relaxing way.
This stunning building was from the 14th century the residence of the Princes de Ligne, one of the oldest Belgian noble families. The recently restored interior of the castle houses a rare collection of paintings from the 15th to the 19th centuries and an outstanding library of more than 20,000 books (from the invention of the printing press to the modern days). Look closely at the antique furniture, an elegant sample of work by the best French cabinet workers of the 17th and 18th century. The paintings mostly stage the family members having lived in the castle, thus retracing important chapters of their life.
The carefully maintained formal gardens, which extend for more than 25 hectares, reflect the changing idiosyncratic tastes of the nobility over the years. The boulingrin – a corruption of the English phrase bowling green – is a wide area of grass once used for games and theatrical productions written by the Princes of the 17th century and close by the Rieu d’Amour is a small folly of half-buried Greek columns created by Prince Charles-Joseph in the 18th century.
CHÂTEAU DE BELOEIL
Validity date: from 01-01-2022 au 31-12-2022
- Offer valid throughout 2022 (outside special events and exhibitions)
- 6€ instead of 12€ per adult, 5.5€ instead of 11€ per senior/student, 3€ instead of 6€ per 6-12 y.o. child
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If booking online, please contact the site first to know which process to follow to enjoy this promotion
Daylight - Shop - Car parking - Motor Home parking - Parking - Restaurant
Guide available/groups - German - EN - FR - IT - NL