- Fort, citadel and fortification
- Museum or Interpretation Centre
- Architectural heritage
The Citadel of Dinant, located on a rocky outcrop and accessible both by steps and cable car, offers a spectacular panorama over the Meuse Valley.
The first fortifications date back to the 9th century. On these, Vauban built his own castle... which would later be demolished to be replaced with this fortress in 1815
The Espace 1914
The citadel witnessed heavy fighting between the French and German troops in August 1914. A dedicated space allows visitors to revisit this dramatic page of history. Don't miss the reconstituted air shelter, which collapsed during bombings. A thrilling experience that makes you feel you have been transported in time...
- Stairs lead to the citadel from the town centre. Fair warning: there are 408 steps! Too many? Take the cable car instead.
- You will find a museum dedicated to weapons on site as well as a didactic trail featuring objects and panels retracing the history of Dnant, also known as the "daughter of the Meuse".
- A number of rooms present historical characters
Visit one of the most impressive fortresses in Belgium and enjoy its outstanding view on the Meuse valley.
CITADEL OF DINANT
Validity date: from 01-01-2022 au 31-12-2022
- Offer valid throughout 2022
- 10€ instead of 11€ per adult, 8€ instead of 9€ per child up to the age of 12
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If booking online, please contact the site first to know which process to follow to enjoy this promotion
Cafe - Car parking - Motor Home parking - Cycle rack - Parking - Playground - Restaurant
With guide only - Guide available/groups - EN - FR - NL - Guide available/individuals - EN - FR - NL