In response to the Coronavirus outbreak, the Belgian government had to take some measures. Thankfully, the indicators (decrease in daily hospital admissions, flattening of the curve linked to the virus...) are showing positive results at the moment. Belgium can therefore gradually ease some of the restrictions in place.
Belgium will, step by step, stat de-confining. Good news:
Some rules remain in place:
- limiting contact between individuals
- respecting recommended social distances
- implementing simple protective gestures (washing hands regularly, etc...)
The covering of mouth and nose still forms part of good practice during this de-confinement phase. This can be done with a so-called comfort mask or an alternative means of protection such as a scarf or a bandana. This is:
- strongly recommended in public places;
- compulsory on public transport from the age of 12.
Together with the local authorities and our tourism partners, we thank you for your patience and look forward to welcoming you back in our delightful part of the world soon.