- River cruises
The Hainaut region proves quite artistic, notably near the Canal du Centre. The most impressive pieces are near the Ronquière inclined plane and the Strépy-Thieu boat lifts. Why not indulge in a boat cruise to learn more?
Iconic points along the cruise:
- At the Ronquières inclined plane, the boat manages a 67 m height difference.
- The boat then takes the Canal de la Senne and the more recent Canal du Centre, passing natural landscapes and more industrial ones, until getting to the top of Strépy-Thieu boat lift.
- The boat then passes a 73 m height difference.
- Passengers can get off at the bottom of the lift.
- Passengers can take a stroll all the way to boat lift number 4 (listed by UNESCO) then return to Ronquières by bus.
Good to know
- Possibility to enjoy some cold food or a snack on board or to take your own picnic along.
- Cyclists can take their bike along.
- Possibility to get off at Seneffe or Thieu and continue along the RAVel.
The information provided is an indication only. We advise you to inquire directly with the organisers of the event that interests you before you leave.